Metal Storm logo
Sepultura - New Album Details Revealed

Sepultura invited the media for a first listen of their new album "A-Lex" inspired on the book "A Clockwork Orange". The album is scheduled for release in November 2008.

Recorded in São Paulo (Brazil) at Trama Studios and mixed at Mega Studios, "A-Lex" features 18 songs in 60 minutes total playtime and it's a milestone in Sepultura's career.

It's the first album recorded with drummer Jean Dolabella and it sounds different from any other work by Sepultura. As the band defines it, it was written and composed in record time because it's basically a recording of the studio jams during the period of 3 months.

The album title '"A-Lex" is Russian for "no law".

"A-Lex" tracklist:

01. A-Lex I
02. Moloko Mesto
03. Filthy Rot
04. We've Lost You
05. What I do!
06. A-Lex II
07. The Treatment
08. Metamorphosis
09. Sadistic Values
10. Forceful Behavior
11. Conform
12. A-Lex III
13. The Experiment
14. Strike
15. Enough Said
16. Ludwig Van
17. A-Lex IV
18. Paradox

Source: sepultura.uol.com.br
Band profile: Sepultura
Posted: 08.08.2008 by abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 149 users
08.08.2008 - 16:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Wow.. I didn't knew that the concept was The Clockwork Orange... I would check this out since Dante XXI was very good.

60 minutes?, I think that it's too much, but if all the songs are good, it would be great!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.08.2008 - 19:32
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
they are really into albums inspired by books nowadays, aren't they.
08.08.2008 - 20:24
Hamird
Lieutenant
Although the concept album sounds good, but I really cannot accept non-Cavalera Sepultura...
Maybe the lyrics and story-line be very nice, but the performance is not well in my opinion.
08.08.2008 - 21:27
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
they are completely lost.. lost their best musicians and their spirit as well.
''...sounds different from any other work by Sepultura.'' which means that they are done with the Tribal Thrash, and will go on with the stupid church themes from Dante XXI... crap...
Sepultura just give up from being above the average.. they want to be commom now...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
08.08.2008 - 21:47
Deadsoulman

I'm really looking forward to it, and will never understand how people can judge an album just on the basis of the band's comments and a tracklist.
08.08.2008 - 22:05
Abattoir

Yea, you never know, what will you get...I hope in good staff though.
08.08.2008 - 23:43
Marfere

Written by Deadsoulman on 08.08.2008 at 21:47

I'm really looking forward to it, and will never understand how people can judge an album just on the basis of the band's comments and a tracklist.

Exactly my thought...
09.08.2008 - 01:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

Because they're too gay to admit that Sepultura is trying to keep the shit alive. And that Dante XXI is indeed an album with strenght.

I'm sick of people that prays Max way to much...
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.08.2008 - 04:02
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
the first thing i noticed was !18 tracks! - hopefully there all good
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
09.08.2008 - 19:16
armageddon

Written by Marfere on 08.08.2008 at 23:43

Exactly my thought...

Me too...

Can't wait to hear this album.
----
"Whenever you're pissed off, just remember that it's better than being pissed on"
10.08.2008 - 23:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A-Lex in russian no law are you shore because it sonds latin not russian
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.08.2008 - 05:55
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by armageddon on 09.08.2008 at 19:16

Written by Marfere on 08.08.2008 at 23:43

Exactly my thought...

Me too...

Can't wait to hear this album.

I wish i could hope for the best too... but if this album turns out like the two previous.. this band is going straight to nowhere.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
11.08.2008 - 13:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 05:55

But if this album turns out like the two previous.. this band is going straight to nowhere.

Maybe for you, but I see that many people think that Dante XXI is their best one without Max and it's even bettter than Caos AD or Roots.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.08.2008 - 13:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.08.2008 at 13:52

But if this album turns out like the two previous.. this band is going straight to nowhere.

Maybe for you, but I see that many people think that Dante XXI is their best one without Max and it's even bettter than Caos AD or Roots.

I am one of those people that prefers Dante XXI to Chaos AD and Roots and see as their best without Max and definitely better than ANYTHING Soulfly ever did.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2008 - 15:41
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 13:56

I am one of those people that prefers Dante XXI to Chaos AD and Roots and see as their best without Max and definitely better than ANYTHING Soulfly ever did.

Not to me... even ''Nation'' and ''Against'' are better than Dante XXI (and probably this new album too), so its not about Max... its about Sepultura's identity and how i prefer their music. Their Tribal Thrash works were my favorites and now they are gone... and i just feel that is a great loss for them to become just a regular Thrashcore band.
Dante XXI is an ok album, practically a Roorback with better worked solos... and this new album... who knows... maybe they surprise me... but just looking to this tracklist give me a bad feeling.
----

----
11.08.2008 - 16:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 15:41

Not to me... even ''Nation'' and ''Against'' are better than Dante XXI (and probably this new album too), so its not about Max... its about Sepultura's identity and how i prefer their music. Their Tribal Thrash works were my favorites and now they are gone... and i just feel that is a great loss for them to become just a regular Thrashcore band.
Dante XXI is an ok album, practically a Roorback with better worked solos... and this new album... who knows... maybe they surprise me... but just looking to this tracklist give me a bad feeling.

Since when does a tracklistnig say anything at all about the music on the album? Never and it never will. And for once I find a concept about A Clockwork Orange refreshing to the stuff bands usually go on about.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2008 - 16:07
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.08.2008 at 16:02

Written by Uirapuru on 11.08.2008 at 15:41

Since when does a tracklistnig say anything at all about the music on the album? Never and it never will. And for once I find a concept about A Clockwork Orange refreshing to the stuff bands usually go on about.

I know that the tracklist says nothing about the music... its just a bad feeling.
----

----
11.08.2008 - 18:01
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Regular Thrashcore band?
WTF?... I haven't heard any kind of Thrashcore with a sound like Dante XXI... How can you describe it as a normal album?
----
Rod, let me love you.
12.08.2008 - 02:28
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The only difference between Dante and the other thrashcores (besides the theme of course), are tracks like ''Still Flame'', the four interludes or that middle part of ''Ostia''... the rest looks like Chimaira, Unearth and other normal bands that pops out everytime.
Thank god Andreas didnt quit the band, his solos are still a salvation.
----

----
12.08.2008 - 13:21
BF

"written and composed in record time"
"basically a recording of the studio jams"

Hope that isn't a nice way of saying that its a shitty album they through together in their spare time...
12.08.2008 - 13:32
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.08.2008 at 16:03

Wow.. I didn't knew that the concept was The Clockwork Orange... I would check this out since Dante XXI was very good.

60 minutes?, I think that it's too much, but if all the songs are good, it would be great!

I agree man, sounds really interesting. I thought Dante XXI kicked ass so my expectations are very high!
----
12.08.2008 - 13:53
Born-2rise
Nayyiker
very impressive!!!!!!!!
i like this band
i cant wait for this new work
----
Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will.
16.12.2008 - 17:20
Slyfang

Written by Bad English on 10.08.2008 at 23:25

A-Lex in russian no law are you shore because it sonds latin not russian

You're right, it is latin.. no law in russian would be не закон.. or ne zakon

Hits total: 3849 | This month: 4