Metal Storm logo
Serenity

11.08.2008 - 08:47
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
What are people's opinion's on the Austrian symphonic power metal band, Serenity? I had heard the band's 2007 release, "Words Untold & Dreams Unlived," but just didn't like it as much as I had hoped. However, the band has quickly returned with a new full-length, "Fallen Sanctuary," and has improved so much with their arrangements and upped their production that I enjoy the new release a lot.

Vocal arrangements on "Fallen Sanctuary" were done by fellow labelmate Lanvall of Edenbridge. Even when the music is not as it's best point, the vocals of Georg are capable of carrying the song now. There are some relations to Sonata Arctica and Kamelot (or at least I sense them... still only had the promotional CD for a few days now), but only in a good way.

A video for the song "Velatum" is available here.

My personal favorite so far is the faster track, "To Stone She Turned." Serenity is still a band that's on the edge of my taste when it comes to softness in a male fronted band, so there are some balladesque parts that aren't my thing as much, but that's not a criticism, just a personal taste. What are others' thoughts of the new material and of the band's previous efforts?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
11.08.2008 - 12:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I thought its about UK Doom metal band , but I dont know Austrain band so... I stay out of here, but try UK Doom thaya re good too, even hard to find soemthing, only myspace
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.09.2008 - 08:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Ahh... still no thoughts about the new CD...? And no, it is not the doom band It seems that people that have heard it have been rating it rather high - what is your favorite track on "Fallen Sanctuary" ?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
13.09.2008 - 02:09
Prowler84
first album was really nice and quite pogressive.I have only listened new release once.first impression was ok for me.
----
Steve Harris isn't a God.God is a S.Harris!!
06.10.2008 - 17:14
saphira
About their first album i didn't like it very much, "Fallen Sanctuary" is much better and exceed my expectations!
My favorites are Velatum, Coldness kills, to stone she turned, journey's end...
I belive that's one of the year's best album.
24.05.2009 - 12:47
Enissa
I like this band very much that I voted for them in the 2008 MS awards.... but I dont think that they have any relations to Sonata Arctica, they are so much different, the rythm, the speed, the lyrics!!! They are so like Kamelot....