07. Download A Dream
08. Tell Me How It Feels
09. Stronger
10. To Everybody
11. Keep From Falling
12. The Vow
13. Help Me
14. Download A Dream (Reprise)

Even if Dreamtide is not a discovery for me, I have to confess that I haven't heard a lot of things about them since the release of their last album, "Dreams For The Daring", five years ago. The band was not dead apparently and they're back today with a new album, "Dream And Deliver", which will satisfy all the people who uses to listen to old school Hard Rock and the so-called AOR Rock. Don't expect anything violent here but if you like melodic Hard Rock, you will have all that you could wish for.

If you're into Whitesnake or even more, Journey, you'll like a lot "Dream And Deliver". Of course the music of the German combo is really cool and soft but if you like good catchy melodies and nice Hard Rock riffs (nothing bluesy here, we're more into Hard FM than anything else) you'll love this release. The fourteen songs of the album are all really good with excellent melodies and catchy choruses. Of course there is nothing innovating in this album but if you like superb melodies and songs which could pass on all the radios, no doubt that it should be ok for your tiny little ears. On the other hand even if the melodies and choruses of the release are really commercial, "Dream And Deliver" is composed of complex songs and the guitars soli of Helge Engelke are really impressive. A bit like Toto and all these bands of the 80's Dreamtide is able to plays great melodies that everybody (even people who're not into Hard Rock) can listen to but always with complex structures and really good technical soli. It's not easy even if it could look like that?

Of course which such a band, it's hard to find any negative points. First the recording (made in Germany) is solid as rock but also all the musicians are really good players and only the voice of Olaf Senkbeil is a bit average some time. In general our guy is really good but it can happen that his really high vocals are a bit "weird". It's not really problematic though and anyway people who like such music will be satisfied by the whole album which is anyway, a really good piece of AOR Rock.

"Dream And Deliver" is not a revolution but this is a really good album of AOR Rock. Varied, with cool ballads, mid tempos songs and real Hard FM tracks, "Dream And Deliver" is a good release and probably the best album of Dreamtide discography. If you're into 80's music, "Dream And Deliver" is a must and I hope that you'll not miss it. Be aware though, this is soft and old school music but if you like good melodies, you'll not have any problems with this album. "Dream And Deliver" is a perfect way to pass a lovely moment this summer.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 11.08.2008

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 75 users
11.08.2008 - 15:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Is that a fucking manta ray on the cover?
11.08.2008 - 16:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dangerboner on 11.08.2008 at 15:32

Is that a fucking manta ray on the cover?

Yes, it looks like a flying manta ray to me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.08.2008 - 16:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

That is really cool.

Hits total: 6376 | This month: 4