Metal Storm logo
Photos

Original post

Posted by Baz Anderson, 11.08.2008 - 17:18
Ok, we are in full swing of summer now - over here we are anyway. So lets see some nice pictures you have taken!

Note: pictures posted into this thread directly will be scaled down to 500 pixels wide. If you use firefox, right click on an image and click "view image" to see it's original size.
03.09.2009 - 13:39
Njord
njord
Written by Guest on 03.09.2009 at 11:12

I've just been to Jersey this summer too. I stayed on the West coast which was the most heavily defended, there was an anti tank wall that ran all the way along the beach with bunkers every 400 yards or so. Also went in the war tunnels (hospital) and the Jersey War Museum (the museum is actually inside a bunker, probably one of the best war museums because of this, quite atmospheric). I never saw that castle though, was it on the East side? That's the only coast of the island I didn't visit.

This castle was near the ferry port, in St Helier. Not really in the East, more in the South of the island. I didn't visit the war tunnels but I want to do it in the next visit. This time I only stayed for 5 days. I visited the zoo too and I also did a tour around all the island.
There are 2 events I would like to see someday: the battle of flowers where all citizens make huge works with flowers and the big concentration of vespas and lambrettas.
It's a nice and peaceful island..I love it
03.09.2009 - 23:56
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
Written by Njord on 03.09.2009 at 13:39

Written by Guest on 03.09.2009 at 11:12

I've just been to Jersey this summer too. I stayed on the West coast which was the most heavily defended, there was an anti tank wall that ran all the way along the beach with bunkers every 400 yards or so. Also went in the war tunnels (hospital) and the Jersey War Museum (the museum is actually inside a bunker, probably one of the best war museums because of this, quite atmospheric). I never saw that castle though, was it on the East side? That's the only coast of the island I didn't visit.

This castle was near the ferry port, in St Helier. Not really in the East, more in the South of the island. I didn't visit the war tunnels but I want to do it in the next visit. This time I only stayed for 5 days. I visited the zoo too and I also did a tour around all the island.
There are 2 events I would like to see someday: the battle of flowers where all citizens make huge works with flowers and the big concentration of vespas and lambrettas.
It's a nice and peaceful island..I love it

I remember now, I did go to St.Helier but didn't bother to look at that castle. Damn. It is very peaceful, I'd love to live there.

Got some photos I'll have to upload from that holiday.
04.09.2009 - 15:25
Njord
njord
Written by Guest on 03.09.2009 at 23:56

I remember now, I did go to St.Helier but didn't bother to look at that castle. Damn. It is very peaceful, I'd love to live there.

Got some photos I'll have to upload from that holiday.

I'll wait for those photos then
05.09.2009 - 17:43
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Damn, I haven't posted anything here in ages, so I'll just throw few of the old ones... Nothing spectacular though.

Abandoned house in the field

Me

Road by the church

2 suns (I dont know how is it called really, but it looked pretty cool so I took picture of it)

This one doesnt look as it was supposed to be at all, but I kinda like it, although I almost never edit my pictures

----
06.09.2009 - 02:03
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ Stalker - very nice pics.

I particularly like the abandoned house

I should find something to post - I haven't put anything on here in a while either.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
06.09.2009 - 13:20
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by hanna of steel on 06.09.2009 at 02:03

@ Stalker - very nice pics.

I particularly like the abandoned house

I should find something to post - I haven't put anything on here in a while either.

Yeah, those 2 came out pretty good, the colors are very nice.
----
06.09.2009 - 20:07
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I enjoy "two suns"..."abandoned house" is too bright for me
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.09.2009 - 22:22
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ellrohir on 06.09.2009 at 20:07

I enjoy "two suns"..."abandoned house" is too bright for me

Well, I took it as it is - no overexposure or any later editing. The darker one that you liked was as you see, with some minimal light...
----
08.09.2009 - 23:12
hanna of steel
Poison Girl

This was taken a couple of weeks ago on the pier in Brighton
----
08.09.2009 - 23:59
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Nice colors It looks so live, almost as some HDR pics, yet very natural
----
10.09.2009 - 11:47
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Stalker on 08.09.2009 at 23:59

Nice colors It looks so live, almost as some HDR pics, yet very natural

Yes , it was a really bright sunny day , so no colour enhancement needed .
----
10.09.2009 - 21:29
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Guest on 10.09.2009 at 04:03

cool pics

Thanks dude, glad you liked them
----
25.11.2009 - 22:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Stalker on 10.09.2009 at 21:29

Written by Guest on 10.09.2009 at 04:03

cool pics

Thanks dude, glad you liked them

Nice photos indeed....

I also decided to share some I made using my mobile phone...

And where me spirit longs to return...
25.11.2009 - 23:28
Ragana
Rawrcat
SNOW! That 4th picture is nice although the quality sucks ass. However, I still can imagine how it looks like IRL. I wish it was snowing here...
26.11.2009 - 18:29
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 25.11.2009 at 22:33

I also decided to share some I made using my mobile phone...

Yeah, I noticed the 1st one on your MSN avatar, and I liked it but didnt know it was yours. The rest are really great too, except for maybe dark one, but for a pic from mobile its good. Try removing noise from it, I think it could be drastically improved.
----
26.11.2009 - 20:22
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Stalker on 26.11.2009 at 18:29

Yeah, I noticed the 1st one on your MSN avatar, and I liked it but didnt know it was yours. The rest are really great too, except for maybe dark one, but for a pic from mobile its good. Try removing noise from it, I think it could be drastically improved.

Ok...can you tell me how to reduce noise?

The tree was very beautiful....it was round sunset, I was returning from school and the tree was really shiny golden as were the leaves around it on the ground....

Written by Ragana on 25.11.2009 at 23:28

SNOW! That 4th picture is nice although the quality sucks ass. However, I still can imagine how it looks like IRL. I wish it was snowing here...

It was some weeks ago...didn't you have snow too?
26.11.2009 - 21:13
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Ernis on 26.11.2009 at 20:22

Oh. Yep, that's the whole problem - we HAD it... few weeks ago. I can't stand that weather like this - it's grey and rainy and I feel... nah, I don't feel more depressive, it's just really wet outside and I'm not an umbrella person, you know...
Besides, I see no sun.

Hopefully it snows in December. )
26.11.2009 - 22:30
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ernis on 26.11.2009 at 20:22

Written by Stalker on 26.11.2009 at 18:29

Ok...can you tell me how to reduce noise?

The tree was very beautiful....it was round sunset, I was returning from school and the tree was really shiny golden as were the leaves around it on the ground....

Well I think you should havve that function in photoshop or something like that, or use some noise-removal software, I cant remember the name of that which I use, it isnt on this PC
----
21.12.2009 - 18:41
yvesson

Hej,
A robin with hairy wingpits :

Enjoy.
09.01.2010 - 00:34
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Shot this out of boredom... And kinda liked it.

----
02.02.2010 - 00:27
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
@ yvesson - I love your bird pics

@ Stalker - I like your pic - it's almost abstract .

I took this one as the sun was going down the other evening - it somehow looks like CGI but I havne't done anything to change the photograph at all.

----
02.02.2010 - 01:26
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by hanna of steel on 02.02.2010 at 00:27

@ yvesson - I love your bird pics

@ Stalker - I like your pic - it's almost abstract .

I took this one as the sun was going down the other evening - it somehow looks like CGI but I havne't done anything to change the photograph at all.

Hey, thank you Well, I wanted to make it kind of... well, not ordinary haha, so Ill take "almost abstract" as a huge compliment

Hey, I did the same thing once, just not with the chimney, but with some bushes, and the effect was almost the same, it looked like a burning bush
----
03.02.2010 - 09:29
Cyroth

The first snowfall in 2009 in my country

Walk the way others have taken
----
14.02.2010 - 06:45
FOOCK Nam

@ChrisCOBHC: very beautiful.
22.02.2010 - 01:03
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning

Away from my village on the bridge while crossing the lake...
----
\m/etalstor\m/
12.03.2010 - 06:35
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
If anyone is bored, look at my pictures. im not done adding all of them, but this is a preliminary selection.

http://picasaweb.google.com/LeChronJames
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.04.2010 - 21:33
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Norooz holidays actually end tomarrow But today was a good one...In admirable nature, away from the city...Took awesome photos, will share some with you. Hope you enjoy.

----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
01.04.2010 - 21:42
Ragana
Rawrcat
Lovely pics, especially the third (*that love smiley*) although they all are pretty (or that's also because I don't get to see mountains that often). Looks like you're having something between spring and summer... is it cold in Iran ATM?
01.04.2010 - 21:55
Ernis
狼獾
Very nice pictures. The eighth and ninth look exactly like the landscape in Scotland...
01.04.2010 - 22:35
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Glad you liked 'em.

Written by Ragana on 01.04.2010 at 21:42

Lovely pics, especially the third (*that love smiley*) although they all are pretty (or that's also because I don't get to see mountains that often). Looks like you're having something between spring and summer... is it cold in Iran ATM?

Well, Yeah. It's just the begginig of spring, there's snow on mountsintops though...Not as cold as it was a few weeks ago, and it's getting warmer...

Written by Ernis on 01.04.2010 at 21:55

Very nice pictures. The eighth and ninth look exactly like the landscape in Scotland...

Have you been there? You seem to have been to too many countries. Really like to visit foreign countries...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face