Metal Storm logo
After Forever

Original post

Posted by Susan, 17.05.2006 - 07:45
After Forever is one of my favourite bands.. then and now! I love their musical evolution. They are very inspirational to me as a musician, especially Floor and Joost.

Welcome to the thread
14.02.2009 - 01:25
annodomini

Bad musically? Yes they changed direction but that was natural. First two albums were masterpieces of gothic metal, and the last 3 were masters of power progressive with the same mood. I really dont like bands that are creating the same as the first album. After Forever said right: we glad that we never copied ourselves. Thats what is important. Natural evolution.
----
the riddle wants to be...
14.02.2009 - 01:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by annodomini on 14.02.2009 at 01:25

Bad musically? Yes they changed direction but that was natural. First two albums were masterpieces of gothic metal, and the last 3 were masters of power progressive with the same mood. I really dont like bands that are creating the same as the first album. After Forever said right: we glad that we never copied ourselves. Thats what is important. Natural evolution.

I agree avout firts 2 it was masterpeace but last 3 was simply albums not master , simply albums nothing more
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2009 - 03:16
nehrodwarf

They was amazing!
just that!
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
14.02.2009 - 11:38
annodomini

Written by Bad English on 14.02.2009 at 01:50

I agree avout firts 2 it was masterpeace but last 3 was simply albums not master , simply albums nothing more

I guess its a matter of taste
----
the riddle wants to be...
15.02.2009 - 01:24
Susan
Smeghead

Oh, I thought I was the only one who thought this! It's nice to see that there are other metalheads who can appreciate a band who evolves It seems that everyone wants a band to reissue the same album over and over, and never to explore and change. That's sad. We'd miss out on such great music if all bands stayed static! After Forever gave us 5 beautiful albums and 5 DIFFERENT albums and thank goodness!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.02.2009 - 17:12
albatros

If After Forever had split earlier, numerous fans in the Americas and in Europe wouldn't have had a chance to see and meet them in person and to hear their songs live. Be it the old ones or the new ones. Listening to records is one thing, but to hear Floor sing Pledge 1 right in front of your nose is another.

They made a lot of people really happy. Not everybody can say this of himself.
15.02.2009 - 18:26
Ernis
狼獾
Albatros said it right....Every time a band quits it is some kind of a loss for the musical field and for the fans because every band have their fans and people who respect and love their music....I would have liked to see Floor and the group singing but I never had the chance....but I am glad because of their work...very good that we could follow and observe and listen to the works and evolution of such a band...

Also...I do not like when some people (and there are always some) who bitch (yes, bitch) "Oh, this band is such a shitty one, I mean, they were SO AWESOME once but now they're doing some SHIT, I want them to split up today!"....that kind of sentences are impolite and disrespectful towards the band and show the low intelligence levels of the one who uses such way of speaking oftenly....
15.02.2009 - 18:49
john_mcc

Written by Joker on 13.02.2009 at 18:01

Totally Agree. i'm not happy they split up, they should have split few years ago, why, because that what often happens when u listen to a band from the very beginning, i got their 1st album when it was out, and it was something brilliant and different, the 2nd also, but after that it's nothing
well after all, i think that every band and escepially newer ones have one mastermind behind it, in this case it's mark jansen, since he left i started listening to Epica, ok AF can continue with the same mood, but with a little exception that it's crap, based on lyrics and stories and musicians ability, not music, the same thing happened with Tristania when they kicked out Morten Veland who formed Sirenia. i hope that tristania split in the near future too,.

I couldn't disagree more. First of all, the first 2 After Forever albums were not Mark Jansen albums and Mark Jansen has never claimed that they were, but that they were a collaboration between him and Sander. The real star of the show throughout all of After Forever's albums was always Floor's vocals anyway. Secondly, for both of those examples I much prefer the later output of the band with original name to the project started by the supposed main composer - Epica have gotten less and less interesting for me personally with every album; Sirenia were good for one album, then followed it up with a disappointing second album and appear to have totally gone to the dogs with their 3rd whereas Tristania's best album was "World Of Glass"; I would be much more interested in hearing their next album than the next Sirenia.

None of that means that I think that either Epica or Sirenia should split up. Bands should give up when their hearts are no longer in it, not when someone on an internet forum decides that their new album is not as good as their old one. It is easy enough not to listen to the new album if you don't like it after all.
09.05.2009 - 21:01
Land Of Doom

I am very Sad for the End of this band

It was my best progressive metal
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
11.09.2009 - 09:27
RyanH

Estranged!
23.11.2009 - 23:19
Donnie Darko

Hey how can "Invisible circles" has an 7.7 of rating if the album is musically amazing!! its so Epic!
24.11.2009 - 00:36
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Written by Donnie Darko on 23.11.2009 at 23:19

Hey how can "Invisible circles" has an 7.7 of rating if the album is musically amazing!! its so Epic!

How girl get pregnant? How is babby formed?
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
02.12.2009 - 20:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 24.11.2009 at 00:36

How girl get pregnant? How is babby formed?

well...you can still get different answers on those elemental questions depending on people you would ask...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep