Metal Storm logo
After Forever

Original post

Posted by Susan, 17.05.2006 - 07:45
After Forever is one of my favourite bands.. then and now! I love their musical evolution. They are very inspirational to me as a musician, especially Floor and Joost.

Welcome to the thread
12.01.2007 - 00:01
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
After Forever is confirmed for ProgPower USA!! (along with Firewind, Vanden Plas, Sonata Arctica, Communic, and other bands I love).

I'm SO happy that they're finally playing in the US but pissed because I live as far away from Atlanta as you can possibly be in the mainland US. Arg!! I hope they (or any of these bands) add a little tour around the rest of the country after the festival. They'll have a new album to promote by then so I'm not losing hope... my little tiny glimmer of hope
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
12.01.2007 - 22:48
Bitch Boy
@ Lyrinan: I think I once read you are from near the west coast, how many hours it takes you to Atlanta by highway?? Around 10??
13.01.2007 - 01:27
DarkMistress
yeah, i heard they will be playing for the progpower USA, such a pity, i live so far away
----
Wait in fire
14.01.2007 - 02:09
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Bitch Boy on 12.01.2007 at 22:48

@ Lyrinan: I think I once read you are from near the west coast, how many hours it takes you to Atlanta by highway?? Around 10??

Well, I know it would take ME 4-5 days to get there by car! When I drove from Massachusetts to California it took me a little more than 4 days... I personally am going to hope for a tour of some sort in the US... They are signed to a label that certainly is good for touring possibilities, and I really don't get much out of festivals anyway... too many bands that play too setlists that are too short!

Oh, and in case anyone has had concerns about buying the "Remagine" CD because of the copy-protection, buy the licensed copy on Hellion Records! I just got my copy today and it is copy-protection free It comes in a "slipcase." I boycotted buying this CD until I found this out!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.01.2007 - 03:42
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by Bitch Boy on 12.01.2007 at 22:48

Yeah, I live in Seattle in the northwest and Atlanta is in the south east; it's over 3000 miles so probably a good week, maybe 5 days (unless I drove straight through day and night with someone else and we took turns sleeping/driving). When I fantasize about going to Progpower in Atlanta my fantasy involves an airplane

I wanted to go last year to see Jorn and other great bands but as it is this year all the bands I want to see are on one day and you can only buy two day passes (which are WAY expensive). Progpower USA gets some damn good bands but it's not worth it for me to try to go. I can only dream!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
14.01.2007 - 05:41
Bitch Boy
It's a shame that some of us are going to miss the Progpower It's my imagination or, in most of the cases, good tours take place in the eastern states of the US??
14.01.2007 - 05:50
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yes, while the USA has very few worthwhile festivals (mostly just Ozzfest-esque tours) they're always on the east coast it seems. Also, it's not uncommon for bands to do small tours just going to the northeast. It's smart though.. you have some really huge population areas up there like New York City, Boston, DC, New Jersey, Philadelphia and then you're also close to cities like Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Nashville, Milwaukee, etc.. Going to the west coast everything is more spread out and requires more travel time and expense. You can't just do a few big shows in a short time.

Still, we've been very lucky with the bands that do decide to do a full US/N. American tour. The only one I'm really upset about is last year (I think it was...) The Gathering came and just played about 5 east coast cities then left. Very sad
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.02.2007 - 15:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Once I saw video in TV for song ''My Chose'' but in MS videos there are no that video, it means that wasnt official video of band
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.02.2007 - 16:47
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 18.02.2007 at 15:53

Once I saw video in TV for song ''My Chose'' but in MS videos there are no that video, it means that wasnt official video of band

Hmm, i think it's an official one because the video features all the band, i also saw it on youtube
18.02.2007 - 16:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 18.02.2007 at 16:47

Written by Bad English on 18.02.2007 at 15:53

Hmm, i think it's an official one because the video features all the band, i also saw it on youtube

I mean its made for example like Blind Guardian ''Mirror, Miror' or Iron Maiden ''Bring Your Daughter...'' or just made like live vudeo

Then why this video isnt in MS band video section
----

apos;'
[image]
18.02.2007 - 19:25
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Kariasakis7: Maybe nobody added it yet...could be a job for you if that's the case. Would like to see it
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.02.2007 - 21:29
Bitch Boy
Mee too. I haven't seen the video yet. Is it a live one??
18.02.2007 - 21:58
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
There is a video for My Choice that comes with the Exordium digi-book bonus DVD. I really like the song but the video is cheesy as hell You might be able to find it on YouTube?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.02.2007 - 22:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Susan on 18.02.2007 at 21:58

There is a video for My Choice that comes with the Exordium digi-book bonus DVD. I really like the song but the video is cheesy as hell You might be able to find it on YouTube?

Thryce find it check his post in quick quasten tread

IMO all After Forever video are cheesy this is band to listen or se live, not watch videos
----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2007 - 10:38
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Kariasakis7: yeah I say Thryce's answer in that thread a moment after posting here...haven't seen the video yet though
----

20.02.2007 - 13:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 20.02.2007 at 10:38

@Kariasakis7: yeah I say Thryce's answer in that thread a moment after posting here...haven't seen the video yet though

I saw it well I like song more how vvideo and I edd it I wate acepted or rejected + Accept - ''Death Row''
----

apos;'
[image]
21.02.2007 - 04:10
Bitch Boy
Happy B-day to Floor
21.02.2007 - 15:38
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Yeah...happy birthday to Floor...keep up the good work
----

24.03.2007 - 00:03
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
There are two new English-language video interviews with Floor posted online here:

http://www.faceculture.nl/afterforever2007/index.htm#

It's pretty awesome! She talks about vocal styles, the record label change, how the band's style has progressed, the new album, and more. Enjoy
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
24.03.2007 - 01:38
El Vikingo
Thanks a lot for that link Lyrinan. Floor is a lovely lady.

I really can't wait to get a hold of the new album. I have a feeling that it will blow everything else that they have done out of the water.
----
"The worst kind of death is getting eaten by someone you love."
23.04.2007 - 23:31
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Anyone loves their new self-titled album after a few listens as much as I do? Gosh, the opening is just... amazing! And Withering Time the highlight of the album IMO. So far I'm not able to do a more contuctive criticism, but so far I am again amazed by how AF are one of rare bands who really seem to mature from album to album and to prove they really are a gang opf inovative composers and aboslutely amazing musicians. And again: Floor amazes me from song to song!
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
25.04.2007 - 09:13
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yes, this album is unbelievable. I keep thinking that they've peaked with each release but no... they just keep blowing me away even more every time. Equally Destructive is probably my favourite currently, it's so damn catchy, but my favourite changes every hour or so
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
25.04.2007 - 19:26
Mela Muke
Account deleted
I'm right there with you. After Forever is a brillant album!
26.04.2007 - 19:18
Bitch Boy
This album is really really great, the best of the year so far, for me. Everything is almost perfect: performance, production and obviously Floor's vocals
06.05.2007 - 22:48
Lupas
Maximus
Some news that maybe could be of interest to some of you .
According to their site
"We are very sorry to announce that we will not be able to attend the Metal Female Voices Fest 2007.

Due to the release of our album 'After Forever' in North America in that period, we have obligations there regarding promotion and touring which makes it not possible to do our show on this great festival.

Since we know that lots of fans were waiting for this gig, we will do our best to look for other opportunities to do a special show in order to make this up to you all ! "
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.05.2007 - 02:05
Bitch Boy
That's a shame, first Tristania with that Vibeke stuff and now After Forever with the promo of the album...
07.05.2007 - 11:14
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Bitch Boy on 26.04.2007 at 19:18

This album is really really great, the best of the year so far, for me. Everything is almost perfect: performance, production and obviously Floor's vocals

Yeah great album so far from After Forever. It's my top playlist at the moment
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
07.05.2007 - 20:17
Bitch Boy
Written by Lupas on 07.05.2007 at 11:14

Written by Bitch Boy on 26.04.2007 at 19:18

Yeah great album so far from After Forever. It's my top playlist at the moment

Same here I don't get tired of listening to it again and again.
08.05.2007 - 12:09
Elodie Artour
Slania
After Forever is one of my favourite bands!I love them,but some how their new album isn't that good as their previous ones.

Floor is the best female vocal within metal!It's very sad that Mark Jansen doesn't work with them any more.

My favourite AF albums so far are both"Decipher"and"Invisible circles"(although I didn't like the second one at first).
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
08.05.2007 - 23:40
Bitch Boy
@ Elodie Artour: for me, the departure of Mark Jansen was the best thing that could ever happen to After Forever. I think that their later albums are as good as the earlier, or maybe better. I think that After Forever has evolved in a very mature and intelligent way.