Metal Storm logo
Contrastic - Experimental Death Grind + mp3

15.08.2008 - 18:39
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
In my never ending search for bands like !T.O.O.H.! I stumbled on this delightfully compelling little band, who like !T.O.O.H.! are also from the Czech Republic.

Now sadly defunct they played a wacked out form of grindcore whilst incorporating a multitude of styes in their music most notably death metal, punk, industrial and electro as well utlilising about 4 different vocal styles. Brutal, groovy, unpredictable, and frankly just weird but never less than amazingly awesome. Thankfully they steer clear of humorous, novelty grind like Crotchduster (not that Crotchduster aren't awesome).

Their s/t and 5 way split entitled 'Czech Assault' are mandatory listening.

One of my fave songs of theirs: Sex With Four Walls
15.08.2008 - 19:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Yes this should be certainly interesting for !T.O.O.H.! fans. I just visited their cryspace and they sound pretty similar to that band, but Contrastic lacks that utter schizophrenic mood that I like so much in !T.O.O.H.!
15.08.2008 - 19:39
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Contrastic are very much more a grindcore band than !T.O.O.H.! who to be honest I've never felt comfortable with being labled grindcore. !T.O.O.H.! are much more progressive in structure and style with an emphasis on technicality within conventional instrumentation whereas Contrastic take a more avant garde approach by adding various industrial/electro elements whilst maintaining the grind simplicity. Both bands are two sides of the same coin in my eyes. It should also be noted that Contrastic's split is more experimental than the self titled.

Also, let's be reasonable, there are NO bands that match the quality of !T.O.O.H.! =] Not even Lykathea Aflame in my opinion.
15.08.2008 - 20:29
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Yes I completely agree with the fact that this shit is not grindcore at all, I was too lazy to start the discussion myself. By the way, I don't usually enjoy this kind of music, it begins to work on my nerves rather quickly, while I'm a big grindcore fan. I like !T.O.O.H.! form time to time, but I can't stand Lykathea Aflame and I wouldn't buy anything by Contrastic.
14.10.2011 - 18:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
O_O

This thread... EXISTS?!?! And I didn't post in it?!?!

Contrastic is awesome! Experimental, quirky, brutal, and funny... one of the few grind bands that succeed at doing that. Czech music ftw
14.10.2011 - 18:58
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 14.10.2011 at 18:54

O_O

This thread... EXISTS?!?! And I didn't post in it?!?!

Contrastic is awesome! Experimental, quirky, brutal, and funny... one of the few grind bands that succeed at doing that. Czech music ftw

It dropped like a lead balloon, I didn't think it would ever see the light of day again. Great frikkin' band, I need to listen to them again.

Awesome shiz:

14.10.2011 - 20:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The Nickelback thread has more posts than this. Metalstorm, I am disappoint
16.05.2012 - 05:43
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Dangerboner on 14.10.2011 at 20:02

The Nickelback thread has more posts than this. Metalstorm, I am disappoint

Well here's a post for this one.

I this band.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.05.2012 - 06:14
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Ah, this is some tight stuff. Now, where to get a hold of this stuff ...
16.05.2012 - 19:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Such a funky band

17.05.2012 - 05:14
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.10.2011 at 18:58

Great frikkin' band, I need to listen to them again.

Just ordered the Czech Assault compilation as well as !T.O.O.H.!'s "Order And Punishment."

Thanks for the awesome suggestions.
17.05.2012 - 11:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 17.05.2012 at 05:14

Just ordered the Czech Assault compilation as well as !T.O.O.H.!'s "Order And Punishment."

Thanks for the awesome suggestions.

Nice haul ;] the Czechs really do make excellent grind.
13.12.2012 - 05:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

<3
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS