Metal Storm logo
Coldworld - Depressive Black Metal

16.08.2008 - 20:46
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
I'm pretty sure a few of you might have encountered this band, especially since the release of Melancholie². Living up to its name, the album is sweetly downbeat without falling into suicide BM territory, in fact reminding me an awful lot of some of Alcest's work with its use of ambient textures, especially on songs like 'Tortured By Solitude'. It really is a wonderful album, atmospheric and reflective with an ideal guitar tone and production for its purpose. Certainly a highlight of the year so far.

Not heard TheStarsAreDeadNow EP yet but I certainly will be.
17.08.2008 - 19:51
Damnated
Churchburner
I used to be obsessed with Coldworld about 2 years ago, but i stopped listening to them early last year. The EP is really good, has a lot of funeral doom elements. cool, haunting stuff.
never bothered with the new album, though, and i don't think i will. i just really grown tired of depressive black metal.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.08.2008 - 16:36
MathC
Account deleted
Good band. Nothing really outstanding but really efficient.
18.08.2008 - 16:46
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.08.2008 at 16:36

Good band. Nothing really outstanding but really efficient.

Don't think I've ever heard someone describe a band as "efficient."
18.08.2008 - 16:53
MathC
Account deleted
Ok !
25.08.2008 - 02:42
WolvenAncestry
Account deleted
I've heard very good things about this band. I will be checking them out soon.
25.08.2008 - 13:02
Inlé

Melancholie² is good, not ultra depressing but not the cheeriest album there is either. The atmosphere s really good in it though and I would say it's definitely an album worth giving a try. Hymn To Eternal Frost is probably their best song IMO.
25.08.2008 - 20:09
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
I'd agree with them not being depressing, more melancholic if anything.
25.08.2008 - 20:48
Piro

I just finished listening to Melancholie2, very good if you ask me. Unlike many bands of this genre, they don't really copy anybody. And yes, Hymn To Eternal Frost is a great song.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
29.08.2008 - 09:42
TheBigRossowski

Just "got it" yesterday, but I haven't got to really listen to it yet. My wife was more interested in hearing "A Forest of Stars"...which she likes!

Today I should have time for Melancholie2 though...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
29.08.2008 - 11:22
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Well I can understand why she'd like A Forest Of Stars. That's some good UKBM! Actually I considered making a thread of them but I doubt many people would know who they are.
29.08.2008 - 11:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Guest on 29.08.2008 at 11:22

Well I can understand why she'd like A Forest Of Stars. That's some good UKBM! Actually I considered making a thread of them but I doubt many people would know who they are.

There are indeed not even underground BM'ers on here (with good tastes*, not the ones that dig every raw bedroom myspace band).

But A Forest Of Stars is good, haven't listened to them in ages though.

*Elitist remark.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.08.2008 - 11:56
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Heh, I wonder if I fall into that category O.o but no I get what you mean.
29.08.2008 - 13:29
Inlé

Forest of Stars are great. A Corpse of Rebirth willl easily be in my top 20 albums of 08.
29.08.2008 - 22:12
TheBigRossowski

No quote in particular, but I will make remarks of the posts above.

Velvet, I already wrote you personally, but for example, look at my Gorath thread! Granted, the rest of the albums aren't SO outstanding as 'Misotheism', its quickly sank into nothingness...as of right now METALLICA stands atop the 'EXTREME METAL FORUM'.

..yeah, I'm definitely still drunk...lol.

I've grown fond of Melancholie 2, still in the mood for it these days. Such things are better expressed as an individual and I'm glad it was only a one man project. Ehh...my ideals of 'black metal' are expressed on a myspace blog. Well, in genreal, MUSIC as an art form such as Coldworld has created.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
29.04.2009 - 00:56
FOOCK Nam

I love Melancholie 2, very good atmosphere, and somewhat romantic. But I dont like A Forest Of Star, nothing psychedelic as mentioned in the Metalstorm award 08.
09.09.2013 - 16:17
vercelum

VERCELUM is a depressive black/doom metal band from the Philippines. We started in 2000 as a project which later became one of the flag bearer of Iligan Metal. VERCELUM's music is better described as a repetitive, boring melody that will make you stare outside the window looking at nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiT_avFVvkM

What We Need & What You Get

We want to record and produce 10 songs our new album so bad however, we lack the funds to accomplish it. The figures we earn is not enough to record even just 1 song and this is why we need you.

We are planning to release at least 100 to 300 copies of the "new" album. Help us reach our goal and you will be rewarded accordingly.

The Impact

The success of this project will help us to create more music by expressing our thoughts and dreams, making it a reality.

We are planning to launch the album on February 7th 2014, eve of Bagyo's day.

HELP US HERE: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vercelum-new-album/

Other Ways You Can Help

Help us share this campaign to others alike.