Band: Hittegods
Album: Flower Power
Style: Hard rock
Release date: 2008

01. Flower Power
02. Eye For An Eye
03. Back In Business
04. Going Crazy

Hittegods from Finland describe their own music as "simple rock in the spirit of traditional hard rock" and it can't be denied that that's exactly what they do. Having said that, let's be honest, this third demo release by the trio release really isn't meant for most of the visitors of Metal Storm.

If I'd have to describe this CD in one word I'd probably call it "hippy-rock". That's exactly what it sounds like to me, and to add to the effect, they even called this release flower power and sing about Woodstock anno 1969. However I actually quite enjoyed listening to it prior to this review. It almost feels like a little piece of the past, and besides that, it's a type of music that I'd never have bothered with if I wouldn't have gotten it to write a review for it.

Clocking in at just under 15 minutes, this release is simply perfect for the purpose of shortly bringing you back to the late sixties or early seventies, without becoming too long. Especially a bit older people might like this as a small dose of nostalgia.

Yet in the end I have the feeling that if you really want to be thrown back to those times, the best thing for you would be to listen to a CD that actually really originates from that time instead of a new release that copies it. There are enough more or less legendary bands from back then of which it won't be all too hard to lay hands on one of their album. Having said that, those bands aren't around anymore nowadays. So the way I see it, Hittegods should probably be more of a live band. A way to get back to the old days in a small club together with a crowd of equally-minded. After all nowadays it isn't that easy anymore to find any band of this kind.

By the way, my mom liked this one a lot in case anyone cares.

Written by Bas | 16.08.2008

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 77 users
17.08.2008 - 16:15
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Trivia: "Hittegods" could be translated to "Lost and Found" from Swedish.
18.08.2008 - 02:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
that guitar on the cover is INSANE.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.08.2008 - 07:25
DoomGuard

i care if ur mom liked it...

Hits total: 3574 | This month: 12