Metal Storm logo
Which country would you love to live in?

Original post

Posted by Oracle, 19.08.2008 - 05:34
Ok since no one has created another thread for this, i will go ahead and do so.
I would love to live in Canada because I really like the scenery and the different landscapes and of course my favourite animal is very easy to find there . I would also love to live in Norway or Finland too because both those countries seem like beautiful places
I'm wondering what country everyone else would love to live in and why?
18.08.2013 - 05:35
FOOCK Nam

I heard the same thing of Netherland, tuli, flower, windmill, land below level sea height, blah... I heard a lot of good things about Amsterdam, how beautiful and modern,blah... My highschool was built by the help of Amsterdam Dutch, but then due to habit of communistic corrupt so the cooperation had interrupted... Grown up i knew that netherland has weeds free or being easy up... Coool thing cool world.

Canada is coool as far as i know, even considered better than usa for immigrants, less racist least violence, great humanity human rights more peaceful than usa. I heard of shortage of worker so canada is definitely where i want to go, only thing that i dont know if their value is individualism pro like usa..? By the way thrashette, how was the price for meal that you could not eat it all ? I been in hooter $10 for meal, i only can even ate it 2/3...if theres case im in Can im able to afford for foods.

New zealand has cold beautiful landscae where lord of the ring record...i like new zealand rugby team all black champion at rugby world cup 2 years ago, perfomance of games and waka got me to rugby.

England is great though expensive living, and a bit of old culture since colonism so foreigner and immigrants are not much warmed there, somewhat racist. Life could be great but if more welcome to new comer a would be more greatef... Oz is great like england but same if less racist then very greater...

Usa is good for immigrant, culture of immigrants, getting into usa since very little, through movies, music (with western), news, newspapers, hollywood,...blah, i do understand how to living there and i can survive there. Actually very good individualism there and great spirit culture...

Sumarrizedly i have two option canada and usa.

(Appologize that i cant capitalize all country name due to hardily mobile keyboard)
19.08.2013 - 18:42
Thrashette

Written by FOOCK Nam on 18.08.2013 at 05:35

I heard the same thing of Netherland, tuli, flower, windmill, land below level sea height, blah... I heard a lot of good things about Amsterdam, how beautiful and modern,blah... My highschool was built by the help of Amsterdam Dutch, but then due to habit of communistic corrupt so the cooperation had interrupted... Grown up i knew that netherland has weeds free or being easy up... Coool thing cool world.

Canada is coool as far as i know, even considered better than usa for immigrants, less racist least violence, great humanity human rights more peaceful than usa. I heard of shortage of worker so canada is definitely where i want to go, only thing that i dont know if their value is individualism pro like usa..? By the way thrashette, how was the price for meal that you could not eat it all ? I been in hooter $10 for meal, i only can even ate it 2/3...if theres case im in Can im able to afford for foods.

My neighbours told me Netherlands is one of the best European countries to visit because the people there are so nice and friendly, especially compared to other Europeans and their attitudes towards tourists/foreigners... And of course other people have said it's the best because of weed and hookers

I've also been told Canada is way more friendly to immigrants than USA. My grandparents are Filipino immigrants living in USA (South Carolina) and as far as I know, they haven't had any problems with racism, at least not recently. They prefer it to Canada because it's closer to the climate they grew up with, really warm and rainy. But Canadian citizens don't look at immigrants or foreigners any differently since there's so many of them, in the part where I live anyway. We don't have as much nationalistic pride as the US either. I spent about $15 (including tax and tip) at a restaurant last week with my friend. I was really full and didn't finish it all, even though I was starving when I went in (walking around almost all day and missed my dinner time by 1-2 hours). But I'm a vegetarian with a somewhat small appetite. My friend's appetite is closer to that of an average person and she ate it all, but was also stuffed by the end of it. There's cheaper places here too though, but obviously it won't be as good quality
19.08.2013 - 20:35
FOOCK Nam

Written by Thrashette on 19.08.2013 at 18:42

Written by FOOCK Nam on 18.08.2013 at 05:35

My neighbours told me Netherlands is one of the best European countries to visit because the people there are so nice and friendly, especially compared to other Europeans and their attitudes towards tourists/foreigners... And of course other people have said it's the best because of weed and hookers

I've also been told Canada is way more friendly to immigrants than USA. My grandparents are Filipino immigrants living in USA (South Carolina) and as far as I know, they haven't had any problems with racism, at least not recently. They prefer it to Canada because it's closer to the climate they grew up with, really warm and rainy. But Canadian citizens don't look at immigrants or foreigners any differently since there's so many of them, in the part where I live anyway. We don't have as much nationalistic pride as the US either. I spent about $15 (including tax and tip) at a restaurant last week with my friend. I was really full and didn't finish it all, even though I was starving when I went in (walking around almost all day and missed my dinner time by 1-2 hours). But I'm a vegetarian with a somewhat small appetite. My friend's appetite is closer to that of an average person and she ate it all, but was also stuffed by the end of it. There's cheaper places here too though, but obviously it won't be as good quality

Oh yeah i forgot the other part things of netherlands...

I met and heard a lot of Filipino in both Usa and canada, who are popular most immigrants from asia in usa and canada. There is a lot of directly recruiter for filipino from canada in inland philipine. Hope one day has some in vietnam ill jump onto instantly. $15 is a bit lot for, though i guess i can use old strategy on by noodles and fastfood... i survived $3 foods a day just noodle nishin, banquet, ramen, milk sometimes sandwich during my us internship...i eat a lot which is disadvantage, canada require $10,000 for entry if employed i will earn half more to enough then start my journey, 3 years ago i heard canada recruit a lot of foreign worker due to demand and labor force shortage, a lot immigrants came there. Canada is both "hot" and peaceful nice destination
19.08.2013 - 21:43
Thrashette

Written by FOOCK Nam on 19.08.2013 at 20:35

I met and heard a lot of Filipino in both Usa and canada, who are popular most immigrants from asia in usa and canada. There is a lot of directly recruiter for filipino from canada in inland philipine. Hope one day has some in vietnam ill jump onto instantly. $15 is a bit lot for, though i guess i can use old strategy on by noodles and fastfood... i survived $3 foods a day just noodle nishin, banquet, ramen, milk sometimes sandwich during my us internship...i eat a lot which is disadvantage, canada require $10,000 for entry if employed i will earn half more to enough then start my journey, 3 years ago i heard canada recruit a lot of foreign worker due to demand and labor force shortage, a lot immigrants came there. Canada is both "hot" and peaceful nice destination

There's a lot of Asian and Middle Eastern people in my area, mostly Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Indian, Pakistani, or Persian. I live about an hour of driving away from China Town and Korea Town, but where I live is a better option for people who'd rather not deal with the big city crowd of downtown Toronto. I'm pretty sure there's some Vietnamese people here though most of the ones I've seen are ladies working in nail salons.

$15 is a pretty standard price for a decent but not fancy restaurant here. But yeah, fast food and junk food buffets are cheaper and of course the best way to eat healthy but not spend a lot is to buy groceries at supermarkets and cook your own food.
20.08.2013 - 19:03
FOOCK Nam

Written by Thrashette on 19.08.2013 at 21:43

Written by FOOCK Nam on 19.08.2013 at 20:35

There's a lot of Asian and Middle Eastern people in my area, mostly Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Indian, Pakistani, or Persian. I live about an hour of driving away from China Town and Korea Town, but where I live is a better option for people who'd rather not deal with the big city crowd of downtown Toronto. I'm pretty sure there's some Vietnamese people here though most of the ones I've seen are ladies working in nail salons.

$15 is a pretty standard price for a decent but not fancy restaurant here. But yeah, fast food and junk food buffets are cheaper and of course the best way to eat healthy but not spend a lot is to buy groceries at supermarkets and cook your own food.

yeah viet ppl rule the nail industry, a very minority job industry. I checked toronto very beautiful city. The downtown part is same with usa giant building sparkling light like new york... I quite less understand of canada when compare to usa,... One canada girl told me when thought canada is same as usa, then she told me no thats a big different...i havent watch much movie from canada or never seen much giant building scene in canada but a lot movie for children which is vefy calm scenenary, i remember one i watched when little, the movie Emily,... I saw a lot of similarity in canada with usa is both their troops are always together any place on world... Difference is the place french speaking i guess is more countryside, blah less usa like. Less crimes and gangster rebel like usa, less nationalistic pride... I guess...
20.08.2013 - 19:27
Thrashette

Written by FOOCK Nam on 20.08.2013 at 19:03

yeah viet ppl rule the nail industry, a very minority job industry. I checked toronto very beautiful city. The downtown part is same with usa giant building sparkling light like new york... I quite less understand of canada when compare to usa,... One canada girl told me when thought canada is same as usa, then she told me no thats a big different...i havent watch much movie from canada or never seen much giant building scene in canada but a lot movie for children which is vefy calm scenenary, i remember one i watched when little, the movie Emily,... I saw a lot of similarity in canada with usa is both their troops are always together any place on world... Difference is the place french speaking i guess is more countryside, blah less usa like. Less crimes and gangster rebel like usa, less nationalistic pride... I guess...

Canada and USA are more alike than the people from either place are willing to admit
Both are big places so it's pretty hard to choose specific words to describe them. Both will have big cities, quiet country side, and everything in between. Some pretty significant differences are tighter gun regulation, public health care, and legalized gay marriage in Canada. I think we're more liberal all around. But yeah, I never really see much of a difference when I just visit the States, especially the ones further north. Quebec, the French-speaking province of Canada, tends to have more nationalism. They're very proud of their French heritage.
20.08.2013 - 20:13
FOOCK Nam

Written by Thrashette on 20.08.2013 at 19:27

Written by FOOCK Nam on 20.08.2013 at 19:03

Canada and USA are more alike than the people from either place are willing to admit
Both are big places so it's pretty hard to choose specific words to describe them. Both will have big cities, quiet country side, and everything in between. Some pretty significant differences are tighter gun regulation, public health care, and legalized gay marriage in Canada. I think we're more liberal all around. But yeah, I never really see much of a difference when I just visit the States, especially the ones further north. Quebec, the French-speaking province of Canada, tends to have more nationalism. They're very proud of their French heritage.

Yeah i agree canada and usa are alike. Celine dion canadian singer feature in usa hollywood titanic movie, famous in usa, same as bryan adam, avril lagrivne canadian very popular in usa, lots of movie actors cooperation in production between two place. Music metal same between two metalhead community strapping young lad devin townsend so popular and common,...and a lot cooperation between canada and usa in every industry, i guess, at least in movie music entertainment....if usa has american football, i guess canada is big on hockey ice...

I heard lots of demand for foreign workers in quebec, gonna need to learn french.
23.08.2013 - 18:21
Spiral Shadow

Iceland.
----
Learn from your parents mistakes, use birth control!
26.08.2013 - 19:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Spiral Shadow on 23.08.2013 at 18:21

Iceland.

Not Sweden?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2013 - 18:13
Spiral Shadow

Written by Bad English on 26.08.2013 at 19:24

Written by Spiral Shadow on 23.08.2013 at 18:21

Iceland.

Not Sweden?

Sweden is optional But first choice would be Iceland.
----
Learn from your parents mistakes, use birth control!
29.08.2013 - 21:48
no one
Account deleted
Iceland would be very interesting
30.08.2013 - 14:30
Aseliot

Canada, for downhilling!
----
Anál nathrach,
orth' bháis's bethad,
do chél dénmha
18.09.2013 - 15:48
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Spiral Shadow on 29.08.2013 at 18:13

Oohh yeah Iceland sounds interesting, but I think I would go with Sweden
I'd have to say any of the Scandinavian countries would be cool for me. But what would be totally awesome, would be to be able to move every year to a different country. Being a brownie, that's not so easy to do with all the border regulations :/
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.09.2013 - 21:38
no one
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 18.09.2013 at 15:48

Written by Spiral Shadow on 29.08.2013 at 18:13

Being a brownie, that's not so easy to do with all the border regulations :/

really? that's a bit fucked up
18.09.2013 - 21:41
no one
Account deleted
Was watching this doco about a family living in Alaska last night, that place looks awesome!
19.09.2013 - 07:03
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Guest on 18.09.2013 at 21:38

It is man!
You have no idea how annoying it is, I guess that's sorta like a first world problem and all, but I love to travel and having to plan a trip months in advance is quite annoying, coz I need to figure out my visas and stuff and you've gotta show so many documents just to get a visa.
I remember when I was planning my bands tour in Europe this year, I was loosing it over the visas. I wasn't really worried about anything else apart from the visa. Thankfully we didn't have a problem.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.09.2013 - 08:47
no one
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 19.09.2013 at 07:03

Written by Guest on 18.09.2013 at 21:38

It is man!
You have no idea how annoying it is, I guess that's sorta like a first world problem and all, but I love to travel and having to plan a trip months in advance is quite annoying, coz I need to figure out my visas and stuff and you've gotta show so many documents just to get a visa.
I remember when I was planning my bands tour in Europe this year, I was loosing it over the visas. I wasn't really worried about anything else apart from the visa. Thankfully we didn't have a problem.

fuck as if it isn't a annoying enough process as it is, some people need to get a grip!
20.09.2013 - 07:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Lols.

here are my thoughts on immigration to America vs. other places, as it's come up and impacted peoples thoughts.

come here ILLEGALLY, we'll pay for all your shit, hospital fees, etc. and if you think we should spend that on schools, fire fighters, etc, PC nazis call you racist.

meanwhile mrs. BC has applied for teaching jobs abroad - wants to go teach in Europe. has 9.5 years experience and an advanced degree. FUCK YOU. GO AWAY.

my fave is a buddy (who is brown) went to England 15 years ago, scrapped and saved up the cash to get there, told the dude at customs he hoped to get a job barbacking (lugging cases of beer from the cellar to batenders) - he spent a whopping 17 hours in England. In a holding room. In Heathrow. And was promptly KICKED THE FUCK OUT by the queen. sent back to the US the next day.

it's funny we get accused of being racist for not wanting to pay for EVERYONE... yet fuck us if we want to go abroad and pay or own share.

so mrs. BC and I would LOVe to live in Italy, France, NL, Germany, Austria and Spain ... and have been shot down by those countries. Hungary won't even consider us.

I guess if you live outside the US and your (1st/2nd world) country accepts white foreigners with college degrees and will allow us to work (or i guess we could suck up your resources like so many come to the US to do) let me know. Don't hate the US or anything, love the country, just want to see more Europe/Australia/NZ... f the middle east and anywhere close to Central America.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.09.2013 - 07:50
no one
Account deleted
Yes no one wants an american in there country
20.09.2013 - 18:56
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 20.09.2013 at 07:50

not saying no one does, but we get knocked for having comparatively low barriers to entry.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.09.2013 - 19:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 20.09.2013 at 18:56

Written by Guest on 20.09.2013 at 07:50

not saying no one does, but we get knocked for having comparatively low barriers to entry.

I actually never heard the US getting knocked for their immigration laws. At least not here. It is generally accepted that the immigration laws are actually quite lenient in the US.
Espcially when you consider to inherently racist countries like Switzerland and Denmark.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2013 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Craig - here in Luleå are many americans, whit permanent status, non has ever nagging about any dicrimantion and any problems whit entering
some even stay here because better emdical treament , all is for free
----

apos;'
[image]
20.09.2013 - 19:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 20.09.2013 at 19:12

Craig - here in Luleå are many americans, whit permanent status, non has ever nagging about any dicrimantion and any problems whit entering

Healthcare/medical treatment is not free int Sweden since it is paid for through taxes.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2013 - 19:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.09.2013 at 19:26

Healthcare/medical treatment is not free int Sweden since it is paid for through taxes.

yes but every country we pay taxes (maybe not in Greece ) and those 30% and 50% taxes in Swe when was socialism was good to pay,
yes tehy pay taxes, I mean its not like other coyntry you pay taxes and still cant get free health treamenmt
----

apos;'
[image]
20.09.2013 - 19:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 20.09.2013 at 19:30

yes but every country we pay taxes (maybe not in Greece ) and those 30% and 50% taxes in Swe when was socialism was good to pay,
yes tehy pay taxes, I mean its not like other coyntry you pay taxes and still cant get free health treamenmt

it's an actual specific part of the taxes that's why taxes are higher in Sweden than in many other countries. A certain percentage of the taxes one pays is set aside specifically for healthcare. Here in the Netherlands no part of the taxes is used for Healthcare. here'we have mandatory health Insurance. That money is used when one needs to be treated.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2013 - 19:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
For starters, was drunken when I wrote this, so naturally, as with all my written word, i ratchet up certain things. no doubt Americans can get in to foreign countries, clearly, just seems difficult when our own country wants us to not only allow, but give the vote to and pay for anyone who vaguely walks across our border.

There was NO exaggeration with England though. My friend, for merely mentioning he might try to get a job at a bar while in England wasn't told he couldn't... was dumped into a holding room overnight then sent right back. He used to have the giant "Removed at the order of Her Majesty the Queen" (forget the specific wording, but Her Majesty the Queen was prominently figured ) on his door.

First day of Econ in college we learned:

TINSTAAFL.

There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

I think Idiocracy is coming. 500 years ahead of schedule.
----

20.09.2013 - 19:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 20.09.2013 at 19:37

For starters, was drunken when I wrote this, so naturally, as with all my written word, i ratchet up certain things. no doubt Americans can get in to foreign countries, clearly, just seems difficult when our own country wants us to not only allow, but give the vote to and pay for anyone who vaguely walks across our border.

There was NO exaggeration with England though. My friend, for merely mentioning he might try to get a job at a bar while in England wasn't told he couldn't... was dumped into a holding room overnight then sent right back. He used to have the giant "Removed at the order of Her Majesty the Queen" (forget the specific wording, but Her Majesty the Queen was prominently figured ) on his door.

First day of Econ in college we learned:

TINSTAAFL.

There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

I think Idiocracy is coming. 500 years ahead of schedule.

Yeah England is renowned for doing that. Even to Euro members if they get a chance.

Idiocracy is already here (case in point some of the users here on MS )
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2013 - 19:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
About how Swedish Healthcare more or less works Wiki is actually quite useful to check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Sweden
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.09.2013 - 19:53
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
To get this slightly back on track ...

would love to live in any of the European countries I've visited.

Ultimately i suppose Germany. Why? history is there, peeps were friendly. language is harsh, yet at least it seems things are straightforward. easy access to Italy, France, NL, other places in Europe we'd love to see... meat in tube form, beer. And an understanding of work and financial security that seem to make it a much more appealing place for long term security.
----

20.09.2013 - 19:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.09.2013 at 19:42

About how Swedish Healthcare more or less works Wiki is actually quite useful to check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Sweden

I never ever needed any helath care only fix my fucking tooth , I payed 10 000 kroner , but it was big fucking mess and I need drill like 6 times and clean infection
Its only when I have need for healthcare here
I only know where is Sunderby Sjukhus

I am happy whit all here, ok I would be more happyer if inflation never came and prices be like 10 years ago, and Fredie Reine never won elections and booze would be cheeper, and wont be so huge unplyment , specely in the north, otherwise I dont say anything at all
----

apos;'
[image]