Metal Storm logo
What I hate about my country

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 19.08.2008 - 14:32
new thread! something i don't like about Romania is the fact that compared to other countries there are some really expensive shit, at least relative to the normal salary(mostly the utility prices) and of course the EXPENSIVE stuff(musical instruments , PC software and IT stuff like I-pods, playstations etc.), of course music albums goes without saying, they're ridiculously expensive, and then there's really cheap stuff(mostly food, which compensates with low quality).. you can't be sure of anything here!

haterz hate on!
18.01.2012 - 02:21
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Gun laws.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.01.2012 - 10:33
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.01.2012 at 02:21

Gun laws.

What's the point of having guns when you'll get your ass busted if you're caught having shot a robber in your house? Are you, like, supposed to wave the gun around a cowboy and shout "DON'T MESS WITH ME, PUNKS! YEE-HAW!" and then proceed to sharp shoot at a dartboard to detract from potential criminals?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
18.01.2012 - 14:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by vezzy on 18.01.2012 at 10:33

Written by Boxcar Willy on 18.01.2012 at 02:21

Gun laws.

What's the point of having guns when you'll get your ass busted if you're caught having shot a robber in your house? Are you, like, supposed to wave the gun around a cowboy and shout "DON'T MESS WITH ME, PUNKS! YEE-HAW!" and then proceed to sharp shoot at a dartboard to detract from potential criminals?

I'm Just saying even for hunting purposes they are stupid, hand guns have to be over a certain barrel length, and we cant have clip-fed rifles unless its a .22.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
18.01.2012 - 23:09
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guib on 18.01.2012 at 02:02

anyways I say we're TOO friendly. thats all.

What you wrote is very sad and things like that anger me a lot. Luckily this trend hasn't reached neither Italy nor Estonia. In Italy's case it's a country with such a profound culture and traditions that it would be complete blasphemy to start demolishing their heritage and holidays and customs because of political correctness (I find it offensive because just as in the examples you brought, there's nothing politically correct about oppressing the culture of the native inhabitants.)
In Estonia's case... well... it's just a developing country with almost no immigrants. Estonian people are themselves immigrants in other countries. Besides, Estonians tend to be good at "blending in."

In any case... in Estonia me and my muslim friends can tell each other "Merry Christmas!" without offending each other. Although Estonia is a poor country with many problems, at least it hasn't been completely submerged by the issues that the "freedom" of "democratic countries" has created...
The "Let's ban pork/Let's ban "Merry Christmas" etc" isn't making people respect each other and their traditions. It causes even worse segregation and prejudice and if that's the actual aim of the activists, then they're doing a great job. When I lived in China, I didn't run around the street howling "YOUR MOONCAKE FESTIVAL OFFENDS ME!" Every country has their traditions. It's part of every nations cultural heritage. Destroying those fundamental things that make a nationality is a crime.
19.01.2012 - 03:04
ß
Problem?
I really would like to comment on what I think about the "multicultural" situation here but I think it's best that I refrain from doing so. I wouldn't want to offend anyone
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
19.01.2012 - 10:55
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Ernis on 18.01.2012 at 23:09

In any case... in Estonia me and my muslim friends can tell each other "Merry Christmas!" without offending each other. Although Estonia is a poor country with many problems, at least it hasn't been completely submerged by the issues that the "freedom" of "democratic countries" has created...
The "Let's ban pork/Let's ban "Merry Christmas" etc" isn't making people respect each other and their traditions. It causes even worse segregation and prejudice and if that's the actual aim of the activists, then they're doing a great job. When I lived in China, I didn't run around the street howling "YOUR MOONCAKE FESTIVAL OFFENDS ME!" Every country has their traditions. It's part of every nations cultural heritage. Destroying those fundamental things that make a nationality is a crime.

Totally agree. Back home we wish everyone no matter what the festival is. I'm born christian, but I still wish my muslim friends and colleagues during their festivals and same with my hindu friends. Though with my close friends religion is never really something we bother about. We really don't care what religion each other were born into or what they follow.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
19.01.2012 - 21:48
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Spirit Molecule on 19.01.2012 at 10:55

Totally agree. Back home we wish everyone no matter what the festival is. I'm born christian, but I still wish my muslim friends and colleagues during their festivals and same with my hindu friends. Though with my close friends religion is never really something we bother about. We really don't care what religion each other were born into or what they follow.

Without any doubt. Holidays are there to give people a reason to celebrate and enjoy time together... Holidays can give you a day off or a possibility to earn bonus at work. And let's not forget that any holiday is a major pretext to get wasted.
20.01.2012 - 00:58
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Ernis on 19.01.2012 at 21:48

Without any doubt. Holidays are there to give people a reason to celebrate and enjoy time together... Holidays can give you a day off or a possibility to earn bonus at work. And let's not forget that any holiday is a major pretext to get wasted.

Tru dat. I mean if there weren't so many different religions in India, we wouldn't get so many days off from work, we wouldn't get food and sweets from people of other religions during their festivals. I have no complains. I think people should be just more tolerant about certain things.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
22.01.2012 - 18:13
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
The way the government thinks that cutting public sector jobs will save money. If no one has a job then they have no money to spend, money which would inevitably be spent in private businesses which keeps the economy strong and means there are more jobs for others whose wages arn't paid by the government and they can then pay taxes etc. Cutting public sector jobs might save the country money in the short term but in the long term everyone loses and the we're in deep, deep doodoo. Plus everyone will be on benefits which comes out the tax pot. Idiots.
28.01.2012 - 06:02
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Ernis on 19.01.2012 at 21:48

Well you see I wish it was the same case here, but it seems nowadays in north america holidays are becoming a reason to spend money...and offend other cultures... seriously I dont see much happy faces anymore, yeah we do get wasted to forget how sad capitalism is becoming here. Most people are tired as fuck, bored and out of money during the holidays, excluding Quebec national day of course, thats the best lol. but yeah...
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.01.2012 - 07:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guib on 14.01.2012 at 15:54

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.01.2012 at 06:46

Written by Guib on 14.01.2012 at 06:10
I think most people here don't even care about it...

We'd probably care if we ever had someone worth caring about to run the country.

Instead, the only guy who offered any kind of sane attitude in the past 5 years dropped dead.

Yeah I know ! -_- like wtf

I was sad aswell, It seemed we might have a compettent leader of our country...
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.01.2012 - 16:25
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guib on 28.01.2012 at 06:02

Well you see I wish it was the same case here, but it seems nowadays in north america holidays are becoming a reason to spend money...and offend other cultures... seriously I dont see much happy faces anymore, yeah we do get wasted to forget how sad capitalism is becoming here. Most people are tired as fuck, bored and out of money during the holidays, excluding Quebec national day of course, thats the best lol. but yeah...

I didn't say it was better in other countries. Actually, holidays have lost their meaning for many people. Example, a celebrity was asked about the message and meaning of Easter. To which she replied "Umm... The purpose of Easter is to knock eggs against each other..." Then again, since she was one of those "famous for being famous" type of media personalities, then it would've been impossible to expect she knew anything about history, culture or traditions. I don't remember if it was the same celebrity but there was one chick who became a star because she appeared as a topless weather girl on a private tv-channel (she had a painted-on blouse tho...) She was asked in an interview what she thought of global warming to which she stated "I don't think I mind. If the weather becomes warmer, it means you can spend more time on the beach and wear fashionable clothes for a longer time."

Years ago, weather girls (and guys) actually had to know about climate and meteorology. They were usually working at actual weather observing stations and knew what they were speaking about. Nowadays they just pick some random chick who just reads the text from the monitor... and immediately after the weather report also announces the zodiac section... "So, there's going to be a drought, temperatures over 35C and a high risk of getting burnt by the UV rays. But hey, it's just the perfect weather for spending the whole day on the beach! And now let's see what the stars bring you! Aries, be ready to experience some hot love, but be aware of financial problems!"

Seriously... the hell?!

Once again... years ago it was extremely difficult to become famous. You actually had to study a lot and work for years before they allowed you to appear on the screen or on stage. Now all you have to do is to participate on some reality show, release a sex tape or become a lover of some already famous person.
28.01.2012 - 17:04
therest

Patriotism. A lot of people come together to wave flags, badmouth others and feel "unity" which in other words is 'herd instinct'. And they say it's a good thing because it gives them a butterflies-in-the-stomach feeling or something (what an infallible argument, right?). And if you don't go along with the insanity, you are labelled 'an enemy'. Terry Pratchett has put it very nicely. The mob is a peculiar organism which intelligence can be calculated by taking the IQ of the stupidest member and dividing it with the number of all members.
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
09.02.2012 - 03:46
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Im sick of traffic here, daily commutes that should take only around 30 minutes nowadays are taking 2 hours ... its hell... 3 hours on a car a day ( coming back takes 1 hour) isnt life,,,, good thing im leaving
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
11.02.2012 - 19:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Icarus on 09.02.2012 at 03:46

Im sick of traffic here, daily commutes that should take only around 30 minutes nowadays are taking 2 hours ... its hell... 3 hours on a car a day ( coming back takes 1 hour) isnt life,,,, good thing im leaving

I heard traffic in Bogota is hell (didn't even need to take a look at your profile, if you're Colombian and complaining about traffic it's pretty much 100% you're talking about Bogota ). how come such a huge city does not have an underground metro system?

btw where are you moving?
11.02.2012 - 20:44
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Mmm well mr Valentin B your are most right there! (which only makes me feel like a douche for only knowing the capital of Romania's name) lol it all comes to awful awful city governments, a really difficult terrain, messed up water piping, and basically not enough money hahahah but yeah the moving i'll keep as a surprise seeing as I'm not jinxing it lol!! but pretty soon I'll remember to tell HAHAAH.. still I love this country I'm just sick with many things within it...
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
12.02.2012 - 06:48
Andr3sfc

Carnival.
12.02.2012 - 06:52
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Andr3sfc on 12.02.2012 at 06:48

Carnival.

I would love to go to Carnival! Seems like an epic time
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.02.2012 - 07:11
Andr3sfc

Written by Boxcar Willy on 12.02.2012 at 06:52

Carnival.

Stupid and promiscuous people everywhere, aside the horrible music.
Not my cup of tea.
12.02.2012 - 07:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Andr3sfc on 12.02.2012 at 07:11

Written by Boxcar Willy on 12.02.2012 at 06:52

Carnival.

Stupid and promiscuous people everywhere, aside the horrible music.
Not my cup of tea.

its just the atmosphere seems so fun!
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.02.2012 - 08:21
Andr3sfc

Written by Boxcar Willy on 12.02.2012 at 07:27

It may be "fun" for someone not used to this, coming from another culture.
It's just not my thing; for me, the whole carnival enviroment is pitiful.

What about Canada? Any singular aspect that you hate?
12.02.2012 - 14:39
VloRD

Every god-damn thing.
----
12.02.2012 - 15:27
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Andr3sfc on 12.02.2012 at 08:21

Written by Boxcar Willy on 12.02.2012 at 07:27

It may be "fun" for someone not used to this, coming from another culture.
It's just not my thing; for me, the whole carnival enviroment is pitiful.

What about Canada? Any singular aspect that you hate?

Well I agree with Guib, our politics are really incompetent.

Other than that, I dont really like our gun laws, I'm not a "YEEHAW LETS SHOOTEM UP!" person, but I feel its stupid to have to pay $500 for "Training" on a $200 gun.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
12.02.2012 - 20:09
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by VloRD on 12.02.2012 at 14:39

Every god-damn thing.

We appear to think alike. Problem is, Bulgaria is one of the most chauvinistic of all Balkan nations. Say anything bad about it and you'll have a massive horde of people slaughter you, only to complain about their shitty wages and how everything sucks the next day.
----
13.02.2012 - 20:18
byng
Account deleted
Small country + growing population = poverty. So there's also corruption and all types of pollution. Top it off with natural disaster, we have "miserable life". Well, it's not so miserable if you're used to it. There's also dust everywhere and heat.
18.02.2012 - 22:22
Ernis
狼獾
Ok good people... here we go! Estonia, a wonderful country whose politicians can't wait to accept ACTA.

Two crimes:

1. A 15-year-old kid who doesn't even have a driving licence, drives while intoxicated and kills three people. The victims' bodies are horribly disfigured.

Punishment - Three months in prison. The mourning son of two victims has to pay 7000 euros compensation to the murderer because he lost the court case where he demanded a more severe punishment and a moral compensation because of the particularly awful manner his parents died.

2. A young man shared music files on the internet. 8 (EIGHT) months in prison plus THREE YEARS on probation plus he has to pay a 11000 euro compensation.

That is infuriating.

That shows that killing and mutilating a human being is a lesser crime than sharing effin music files on the internet. That implies that a human life is worthless.

Oh yes... a female politician who was caught spending people's money on personal expenses also got a more severe punishment than the drunk driver who killed those three innocent people.

Or another example... avoiding taxes can land you in jail for 15 years... But raping a child results in 4 years imprisonment out of which only two years are probably spent in jail and then the raping can be continued...

Well... I think Estonia is not the only place in the world with such style of justice. This is simply satanic. No words...
18.02.2012 - 22:27
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Ernis on 18.02.2012 at 22:22
This is simply satanic. No words...

When they start slaughtering goats, drinking the blood of virgins and dancing around fires in togas while stepping on nails, let me know.

In all seriousness, that is fucked up as hell. But Satanic? That's kind of an odd comparison.
----
18.02.2012 - 22:54
Ernis
狼獾
Written by vezzy on 18.02.2012 at 22:27

When they start slaughtering goats, drinking the blood of virgins and dancing around fires in togas while stepping on nails, let me know.

Mayb they do.

Anyway... satanic/evil/malicious... pick a word yourself if ye will.
18.02.2012 - 23:19
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Ernis on 18.02.2012 at 22:22

Well... I think Estonia is not the only place in the world with such style of justice. This is simply satanic. No words...

Yep, that's true in Estonia and probably 99% of the other countires (if not all). Spain had recently a couple of enfuriating cases, talk about justice... Everyone here can make a list about how shitty their politicans are, how fucked up social situation and loads of examples of injustice... It's a trend in todays "modern" society, can't understand how so much progress made us go into a total loss of values and rationality. Worst is, I don't see a plausible solution.
19.02.2012 - 01:57
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Vombatus on 18.02.2012 at 23:19

It's a trend in todays "modern" society, can't understand how so much progress made us go into a total loss of values and rationality. Worst is, I don't see a plausible solution.

If it didn't sound so horrid, some could say that such a trend is deliberate. Only someone like Sauron or Morgoth from Tolkien's fantasy books could be so nasty to actually promote such things... That's why these trends are visibly evil...