Album: Voice From The Silence
Release date: August 2008

01. La Morale Dell'Immorale
02. Give Me Your Helping Hand
03. Gates Of Fantasy
04. Bring Us The Light
05. Salvation Dance
06. The Silence - Memories (Part I.)
07. The Silence - In Silence Forsaken (Part II.)
08. The Silence - Relief Reverie (Part III.)
09. Searching You
10. Evening Star
11. Afterlife

Are you ready? Are you ready for a new journey in the world of Power Metal? I really hope that you like this music because here we're at the "paroxysm" of the European Power Metal and if you hate it, then you'll hate the second album of the Czech combo, Symphonity. On the other hand if you like fast melodic songs and good happy tunes, don't worry it should be ok for you!

The music of "Voice From The Silence" is extremely fast and melodic. On one hand I have the feeling that I'm listening to the last Angra with the big difference that the melodies don't have any Prog elements (not that Angra plays real Prog now but they always add original elements in their music) and that we have big Epic choruses a la Rhapsody Of Fire or Dragonforce. The tempo is fast and the double bass drums leads the rhythm. The choruses are really catchy but also really commercial, a bit like Edguy we even have some little "classical" music influences a la "Theatre Of Salvation". Actually in the genre this is not a bad release, the songs are well structured and not so easy with a lot of breaks, change of rhythm and really good guitar soli. Though of course, the album suffers of a big problem of originality. Yes, Symphonity is able to play good European Power Metal but where is the originality of this release? I don't know and I cannot find it! "Voice From The Silence" is just one other new album which has been already done ten thousand times before today and it's sad. Definitely it's really sad to see that bands like Symphonity which are not band bands are not able to write personal music? I don't know what can be done here?

My feelings are not so positive because I really regret the fact that this album is so "déjà-vu", it's impossible for me to enjoy this music and it's really sad because the musicians of Symphonity are good. The guitar soli are extremely good, the bassist is not here just to be here, the drummer is a machine and the singer Olaf Hayer has a good voice. But it's not enough and despite a good production the album is not really attractive for me, the song being too basic and conventional. The only positive points for me in the track list of the album is the three "Silence" songs which are a lot deeper and complex than the other songs of the album. The band should follow this way in their next writings.

"Voice From The Silence" is not a bad album of Power Metal especially if you like Epic choruses and catchy melodies but it sounds like a lot of other releases and I'm afraid that only the fans of the genre will like it a lot. I think by the way that the guys of Symphonity have all the cards in their hands to produce something really good, let's just hope that they will surprise us in the future!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 5
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 21.08.2008

Comments

Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 130 users
21.08.2008 - 16:09
Deadsoulman

Oh my God that is one cheesy cover!
21.08.2008 - 16:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Deadsoulman on 21.08.2008 at 16:09

Yep, that is one cover that is certainly cheesy as hell. And it shouts "look at us we play cheesy European power metal"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2008 - 18:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
just listened to the samples on their myspace: originality seems to be objectively rated.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
21.08.2008 - 18:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
and what about the band name... ?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.08.2008 - 18:54
PrettyMao

I think we are seeing her "O" face.
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
21.08.2008 - 19:25
Rating: 9
rebelhead

I really like the album... Nothing bad on that
Rating: 7.2? It could be better though
21.08.2008 - 21:34
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Deadsoulman on 21.08.2008 at 16:09

Haha I thought that combined with the band name, this was a new entry into the "Funny Stuff"
15.03.2012 - 17:10
Oskmrgo83
Oskmrgo83
This band is cool. Actually, the album is kinda interesting, but I felt a little strange because of the second part of "The Silence - In Silence Forsaken (Part II.)". The chorus has the same musical structure (including vocal arrangements) from Stratovarius' "Soul Of A Vagabond". Just listen to that part of the song and start singing: "In silence I scream, but no one listens to me..." and you're gonna get the same feeling in both songs.

I know it's a silly comment, but that's why I hope this cool band gets more refreshing ideas for their next album in the future.
----
Now it's time to... rock!!!!!

Hits total: 8104 | This month: 10