Metal Storm logo
Metallica - 2nd Single Available On Www.Metallica.com And ITunes

Metallica just released the second single off their upcoming album, Death Magnetic today. Entitled "My Apocalypse", the track is now available on www.metallica.com and for download on iTunes. Metallica fans should also check out iTunes where you can also purchase the riveting track "The Day That Never Comes" which premiered last week.

Official streaming: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136

iTunes link here

Additionally, the band have recently unveiled a new widget that the band will frequently updated with news, a trailer for their MissionMetallica.com fan site, and other Death Magnetic related material. The widget can be embedded onto most social networking sites and blog applications.

Widget link here

Death Magnetic will be available everywhere on September 12th.

Note of Metal Storm: According to some rumours, the band should release a new "digital" single every new Monday until the release date of the album.

Source: totalassault.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 26.08.2008 by Jeff

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 39   Visited by: 206 users
27.08.2008 - 18:10
RhysTerk

This is really good but not as good as "The Day That Never Comes" which is a real masterpiece, maybe this one is that too
Anyway, Cyanide, this and "The Day..." have been very good surprises, i knew that Metallica still could put out good material but not like this
27.08.2008 - 20:14
Stigma
Account deleted
Hey! So far the best one. Worth of moshpit, though James could scream more.
27.08.2008 - 22:26
burning_devil
Account deleted
theres a part like slayer in this song (supremist off Christ Illusion) ..woooooooooooh
27.08.2008 - 23:46
Symmachus

Written by Warman on 27.08.2008 at 00:06

Written by Symmachus on 26.08.2008 at 23:36

Arch Enemy already has a song called "My Apocalypse".

So? It's not that unusual for bands to have the same title for a song.

Yeah, I know. I was just observing, that's all.
28.08.2008 - 05:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yep, this new song sure makes me beleive in Metallica again...unlike the first two songs I heard first...this should've been the first single...
28.08.2008 - 11:11
Oracle
Orcinus
This song was alright but i wouldnt say its brilliant. At least it doesnt sound anything like those songs off St.Anger lol. I do like the first song a bit better though. I just think James' singing is a bit bland
28.08.2008 - 15:54
Plaguebearer

Written by Baz Anderson on 26.08.2008 at 23:19

It just sounds to me like this is a limp-wristed attempt at making some thrash metal with the intention of pleasing the fans. Which is great and all, but it doesn't feel like the band actually want to be playing this to me.
You know, this is the musical equivalent of being in school and copying the person next to you's work.. just the person next to Metallica here is Slayer.

dude youre right, this is a rip from slayer. the majority of the vocal style and riffing sounds right off a slayer album. but in this case its off a shit album instead of a good one. they can't pull of asalyer and they should not try.

id have to say its slightly better than that last song they released.
28.08.2008 - 16:44
marillionfan
Account deleted
I've had the Slayer vibe as well when i listened to My Apocalipse. The song is not amazing, but nevertheless pretty good/decent song.
28.08.2008 - 23:12
lady vampire

----
Anything That Dosen't Kill Me...Makes Me Stronger...

Hits total: 6876 | This month: 10