Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Video Recording For Twilight Of The Thunder God

Amon Amarth have posted the following on their official website regarding work on a new video clip:

"We recently returned from Poland after shooting the first video for the upcoming album "Twilight of the Thunder God". The video will be for the title track.

We joined efforts with the Polish team, Group 13 and director Dariusz Szermanowicz for "Twilight of the Thunder God" and filmed it on the old Viking site, Jomsborg, home of the Jomsvikings in Wolin, Poland.

Our brothers from Jomsvikings traveled from far and wide, places like Poland, Germany, Belgium, England, Australia and USA to be part of this great video.

It seemed that the Thunder God was on our side when shooting the video because a hurricane/storm passed through the area during the day, creating the chaotic and violent atmosphere we were hoping for. It was the toughest conditions we ever recorded a video in, blood and sweat, quite literally both, were part of the making. But we don't mind getting our hands dirty and metal was never supposed to be "nice". In fact we couldn't have wished for a more fitting video shoot for this song, being the Ragnarök and all!

We want to thank Igor for making this possible, Blodhvitnir Meldric and Sana, the Group 13 crew for their professional work and of course the Jomsvikings for being made of steel!

The album and video "Twilight of the Thunder God" will make its debut in September."

A series of photos from the video shoot can be seen here.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 27.08.2008 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 77 users
27.08.2008 - 06:52
MetalSpider

Damn...I cant wait!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
27.08.2008 - 10:09
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Haha, "... for being made of steel!" Great comment
----
THRASH!!!
27.08.2008 - 17:19
-Soulreaper-

Written by MetalSpider on 27.08.2008 at 06:52

Damn...I cant wait!

I cant wait for this either. Should be an epic as hell video judging by the song.
27.08.2008 - 17:25
Goat.ov.thorns
Account deleted
Whoa sick! Those stills look promising, and the song is absolutely brutal.
27.08.2008 - 18:49
Rimfrost

AWESOME! Nothing but pure awesomeness to shoot the video in Jomsborg! Looking forward to the album, video and hopefully the tour!
I love Amon Amarth more and more every day!
27.08.2008 - 22:31
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Awesome news. I was expecting this Should be a great video.. just as the song is!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
27.08.2008 - 22:38
ZombieDeath

we can't judge before watching the video
27.08.2008 - 22:50
worm_is_gloaming

Holy fucking shit. This video will kick ass.

Poor location choices and lame editing have plagued AA's previous clips, but that looks like to have changed. Jomsviking reenactors wouldn't have gone through the trouble of international travel for the shooting if they weren't adequately featured. Nice spot for the band to "stand and play" in the clip too.
27.08.2008 - 23:21
Symmachus

Wow, that's awesome! I would really like to see the video clip for this song. It seems awesome.
28.08.2008 - 01:16
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
sounds fuckin killer, amon amarth is yet to disappoint me
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 5028 | This month: 14