06. Ravaged
07. Evil Deeds
08. Grieve No Longer
09. Abandoned
10. Remains Of Yesterday
11. Deadly Embrace
12. Ecstacy And Rapture
13. Never Ending Pain

"Torture Garden" is the last re-edition of the label Metal Mind and one more time Demise is a Polish band which was signed on the label Empire Records. Demise has released three albums during its short career ("Torture Garden" being the last one) and unfortunately I've never heard anything about them. This is sad really because when I listen to "Torture Garden", I clearly think that this band was just excellent. Let's hope that this re-edition will be a way for a lot of people to discover them even if it's a bit late now?

Demise used to play melodic Death Metal but I will never compare them to In Flames and all these bands because it was simply different. The music that you'll be able to listen to on "Torture Garden" was made in Poland and that's funny because it's really easy to compare the band to all the Death and Thrash Metal bands of the country, this is always violent but always really melodic too. I could compare Demise to Vader but also to Behemoth but all in all Demise was also different and for sure they were not simple copycat. The riffs of "Torture Garden" are all powerful and some passages in the songs are real classic Death, on the other hand some choruses are really modern and sound a bit like the ones of Gojira. This mix of Death and Thrash was perfectly done and I have to admit that "Torture Garden" was simply a great album full of hits.

Varied, modern and original, "Torture Garden" was also perfectly produced. The booklet (not different than the original one) is good, the sound is clean as hell, and the musicians were great on the album. Actually there is nothing to say against "Torture Garden", in my opinion this is just a great album of modern Death Metal which never flirts with commercial music but which is however really accessible for all the people who not only want to listen to violent music.

Shame on us, back in 2005, we have just missed a great album of Death Metal. Luckily Metal Mind re-released this album this year and now we will not have any good excuses if we don't listen to the album. "Torture Garden" is highly recommended to all the fans of modern Death Metal and let's hope that the band will think about a reformation now that metalheads will be able to discover how great they were.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 01.06.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 16 users
28.08.2008 - 05:32
Rating: 5
HardSide

Nothing special about it, not fast, not heavy, its very mediocore and sounds very metalcore in some spots. Drummer follows same beats through the whole song gets annoying eventually.

Hits total: 5121 | This month: 4