Metal Storm logo
Skyfire - New Album Update

Swedish metallers Skyfire have issued the following update:

"Some good news and some bad...

First, the bad: We expected the recording of this album to take a while, but unfortunately things took longer than we thought. Because we are working with lots of keyboard tracks as well as orchestra and choir samples (this was the big secret we were keeping from everyone, but since things are taking so long it's only fair to let you guys know!), recording this album will obviously take longer than usual.

The month of July was especially tedious for us. As a result of the delays, we had to book the mix for next month, so we will hopefully be able to post some new music in October or November. This also means that the album itself will have to be released later than expected. We don't want to make any promises we can't keep, so we will just say that the new album will come out sometime early next year. We know this might come as a disappointment to many, but if you guys were able to wait since 2004, a few extra months should be nothing.

Now, the good: Because we are just as sad as you are due to the delays, the band and the label have decided to reveal our amazing new artwork, as well as a cool clip from our recording sessions located here. Check them out!

We can also report to you that the music is 100% completed as far as tracking goes. We are just finishing up writing lyrics before we record vocals, which will probably happen within the next few days. As we stated, we will post some new music for you guys almost immediately after we receive the final masters. That's all for now, take care!''

Source: revolution-music.dk
Band profile: Skyfire
Posted: 30.08.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 77 users
30.08.2008 - 00:52
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Very nice artwork. I'm looking forward to see "Esoteric" released and I'm really curious to listen to it too.
30.08.2008 - 00:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
the title "Esoteric" goes very well with the artwork. very well played.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.08.2008 - 01:29
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Humm "lots of keyboard tracks as well as orchestra and choir samples"? For me it's enough to wait. I think will be worth Btw, the cover looks nice!
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
30.08.2008 - 02:38
SwallowTheSun68
Account deleted
Damn that video is ridiculous. Sounds amazing.
30.08.2008 - 12:40
Sheol

Damn that's a good cover! Nice to hear from the band again!
30.08.2008 - 14:32
FeskarN

the cover is so cool and looking forward to this album. I'm very curious about the new singer should sound like.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.08.2008 - 14:36
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Nice artwork! Really looking forward to the new album... orchestra sounds interesting for the Skyfire music.
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
30.08.2008 - 21:54
Symmachus

The album cover is great. I will have to check this band out sometime.

Hits total: 4349 | This month: 18