Metal Storm logo
Carpathian Forest

17.05.2006 - 08:03
Southern Wind
Account deleted
There's not a complete new forum without a thread about the greatest BM band hehehe...

No,really... I love Carpathian Forest, "Strange Old Brew" is my favourite album of the genre... first of all, I love their rocker attitude, their unserious pose, their lyrics, the variety in their music... They can be a true BM band but still use saxophones and amient sounds, they're very creative also... comments?
17.05.2006 - 08:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
yeah, great fucking band. theyre black metal but still have a raw.....almost punkish loud rocking sound, martyr/sacrificulum is my personal fav
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.05.2006 - 20:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ah yes, one of the best (if not best) Black 'n' Roll bands alive. As said, I really love their attitude, it really goes well with their raw BM. (Which of course, has it's roots in punk.)
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.05.2006 - 22:52
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Yeh, Carpathian Forest is a nice band, It's darker than you think is a cool song.

I once met this French dude on the train. He had this Carpathian Forest patch sewed on his backpack, and me and some friends started talking to him in French and English at the same time (really weird ). And he was a big fan, he let us listen to his mp3player (no, we didn't kill him for it).. so that was cool!
27.05.2006 - 23:01
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I was walking down the road, wearing my CF jacket and a guy started talking to me.. he said: look at this.. and he had the CF logo tattoed on his under-arm with the autograph of Nattefrost above it! He said that he went to a concert and got that autograph, and afterwards ran to a tattoo shop and got it there. It looked great. I love meeting guys like that, who are deeply into metal and who, even though you have never seen them before, are very friendly.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.05.2006 - 23:09
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Jep, exactly

I'll never forget my experience, it's always fun to meet new people, and when they have the same interests as yourself, it's even nicer
And it strikes me that most metalheads are friendly and nice people ... It doesn't really surprise me, cuz i'm like that too ( I think ) but it's not what other people think about us metalheads and Carpathian Forest-lovers...
28.05.2006 - 01:37
Danielazo
Account deleted
mmm that makes me remember when I was in the bus and a guy with exactly the same Satyricon shirt than me came into... we were not friendly with each other hehehe we both seemed a bit dissapointed for not being unique I guess.
28.05.2006 - 13:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
lol. Well, with the younger kids I have that same feeling too, sometimes. When they wear Dimmu Borgir and I come across with Mayhem and I am (whilst not even trying) more grim and evil than they are. Ah, every music genre has its assholes and nice people, so I focus on the nicer.

Now, my favourite is Strange Old Brew. A song that I really is 'The Suicide Song' and also 'He's Truning Blue'. That's just ultimate Black 'n' Roll..
----

28.05.2006 - 16:54
Zombie, M.D.

I like this band alot. While their newer more rock and roll attitude is refreshing and interesting, I do miss the days they were more serious and made some seriously bleak songs like "The Eclipse, The Raven" or "Journey Through The Cold Moors Of Svarttjern".
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
28.05.2006 - 19:21
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Yeah The Raven is a nice song
29.05.2006 - 17:17
Vintervarg
Account deleted
"Fuck You All!" is maybe the best CF album so far. Pure fucking old-school! \m/
29.05.2006 - 22:17
Frostgrinder
Account deleted
My favourite BM band! With Nattefrost's illnessful vocal and the lyrics they're the best and the purest BM band I think
30.05.2006 - 01:39
Daru Jericho

Aw, all you lucky people that meet BM fans in your area. No randomo ahs ever commented on one of my band shirts to my face, except at a gig.

Anyhow, Carpathian Forest. I love them. They're so crude at times, different to some other BM bands. I'm really liking the album 'Morbid Fascinations Of Death' at the moment. I haven't heard the new album but I had to miss seeing them live a few weeks ago at a festival due to lack of cash...and they weren't even the headliners. But hopefully I'll catch them some other time.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

30.05.2006 - 07:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Well, I finally got Fuck You All and have encountered feelings about it... it's a very strong album, they added heaviness and I just love that black/rock attitude, but I don't know, it's still their less shocking album... on the other hand, I find it TOO similar to Darkthrone's last, but The Cult Is Alive is still thousands times better....
30.05.2006 - 10:44
_HIV_

CF are great! i especialy like their new album "fuck you all" ... becouse it sounds a bit more blackish then the otherones! my fav. songs are knokkelman, carpathian forest, mayhem cover ghoul
and from the latest album the frostbitten woodlands of norway! they have one of the greatest drummers in black metal! btw ... nattefrost kan be stupid at time to time .. but what the hell he is stupid allthetime
30.05.2006 - 12:28
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Definately a great band - able to keep the vein of black metal alive without taking it too seriously. That was the first thing that attracted me to the band actually. Love all their albums (havent heard "Fuck You All" yet, will have soon). The song "A Forest" off Black Shining Leather is awesome, even though it isnt black metal and my favourite album would be Defending The Throne Of Evil.
30.05.2006 - 16:24
Puff
The Forlorn
Great Band indeed!! Their newer Black & Roll is purely refreshing and their older albums is great depressive stuff. I just bought ''Were Going to hollywood for this'' and its purely amazing.

My favorite is Defending the Throne of Evil. The Black n Roll purely shines with this album. Every song is a killer!!
----
02.06.2006 - 16:29
Hylia

Very good band,I like the whole image towards Carpathian Forest,The black n'roll,it's something new.My favorite album is probably Defending the Throne of evil because it has some of my favorite songs on it.
02.06.2006 - 17:43
GrimFilth
Account deleted
CF is a long time favo of me, they are also partly the reason i started listening BM...
02.06.2006 - 21:02
W-Lash
Metal Master
Heh, i was so lucky to see them a week ago!!!
They were wonderful, i'm sure that was the best concert in my life. The instrumental part was good, the vocals too and the show was interesting too.
I even managed to buy CF shirt.
02.06.2006 - 22:01
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
I'd love to see a show of them too
I have a live song of them, but the quality sucks .. so that's a pitty
03.06.2006 - 14:12
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Defending The Throne Of Evil seems to definately be a popular album....
03.06.2006 - 23:29
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Yea
One with the earth and It's darker than you think are very nice .. loads of energy and sweet vocals
04.06.2006 - 04:30
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
It's Darker Than You Think is probably my all time favourite Carpathian Forest song, but im still yet to hear Fuck You All.

How many people here are fans of Nattefrost's solo albums?
04.06.2006 - 19:53
Warrior Poet
Account deleted
One of my fav bands, Nattefrost rocks.
06.06.2006 - 18:29
Humanoid
Account deleted
woah..... excellent band ... they're among the best ,in my opinion.
i especially like " Through Chasm,Caves and Titan Woods " for its great atmosphere; Black Shining Leather is very good as well [seems kinda' oldschool] ; unfortunataly,when i listened to "Fuck you All' several days ago,i was disappointed >> The first track,for example, "VI Apner Porten Til Helvete" is basically "Mask of the Slave" a bit modified,the main riff being the same.

;not to mention that the drumming on the album is somewhat punkish and several times there are two or three voices on the background while Nattefrost's screaming

; and regarding Nattefrost's solo project, i managed to listen to both albums and they were awesome [:D Fenriz did present "Sluts of Hell" as a part of "The Best of Oldschool Black Metal" ]
06.06.2006 - 20:53
Mardus
Account deleted
I saw them live on 26th of May (my birthday ).

They are really good in live also + it was funny to see Natterfrost drinking vodka on stage.
06.06.2006 - 23:25
Humanoid
Account deleted
indeed ... i found some extracts on the net and they really sound good live
07.06.2006 - 23:35
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Carpathian Forest is such a great band to me , because you can hear the bass in it. This is not solely cause I play the bass myself, but you have a lot of DMbands where you can't hear the bass at all .. it makes a shitty sound , or the sound of when a train drives through a tunnel , Carpathian Forest on the other hand really knows how to do the PA.
09.06.2006 - 16:57
Kurzag
Account deleted
This band is awesome. Very catchy as well. They are truly one of the best BM bands from Norway. To bad I´ve only have most of their albums on my mp3 player.