Metal Storm logo
Carpathian Forest

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 08:03
There's not a complete new forum without a thread about the greatest BM band hehehe...

No,really... I love Carpathian Forest, "Strange Old Brew" is my favourite album of the genre... first of all, I love their rocker attitude, their unserious pose, their lyrics, the variety in their music... They can be a true BM band but still use saxophones and amient sounds, they're very creative also... comments?
11.06.2006 - 11:30
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"Carpathian Forest is such a great band to me , because you can hear the bass in it. This is not solely cause I play the bass myself, but you have a lot of DMbands where you can't hear the bass at all .. it makes a shitty sound , or the sound of when a train drives through a tunnel , Carpathian Forest on the other hand really knows how to do the PA. "

I guess you mean "but you have a lot of BMbands where you can't hear the bass at all"?
11.06.2006 - 18:08
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.06.2006 at 11:30

"Carpathian Forest is such a great band to me , because you can hear the bass in it. This is not solely cause I play the bass myself, but you have a lot of DMbands where you can't hear the bass at all .. it makes a shitty sound , or the sound of when a train drives through a tunnel , Carpathian Forest on the other hand really knows how to do the PA. "

I guess you mean "but you have a lot of BMbands where you can't hear the bass at all"?

Actually... one of the main problems I see on Black Metal is that the bass most times don't sound at all... that quote was not mone but I certainly agree with the guy you quoted, and I agree that Carpathian Forest is one of the very few Black Metal in which the bass is very well exploited (the other examples I can think of at this moment are Beherit and Barathrum).
12.06.2006 - 03:57
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Leviathan-Tentacles Of Whorror also has very predominant bass lines i thought.
16.06.2006 - 09:46
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Carpathian Forest - Shoot Web-Only Live Video for 'Diabolism (The Seed and the Sower)' :

Carpathian Forest recently shot a web-only live video for the "Diabolism (The Seed and the Sower)" song, off the new "Fuck You All!!!!" album. You'll find it in the download area of this website.

(Source : http://www.kaltenbach-openair.at)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
19.06.2006 - 14:18
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Awesome!
22.06.2006 - 15:35
Abortion
Account deleted
Aww, Carpathian Forest is a great band.. Their music is such beautiful.

http://www.hellsinkishop.com/products.php?p=5b108f Anyone into football?
23.06.2006 - 13:30
thingy13
Account deleted
Carpathian Forest fucking rules.....i cant wait to get theyre new album
24.06.2006 - 22:13
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
Theyre new album will be great for sure, but nothing will be better than black shining leather. I love that album.
24.06.2006 - 22:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
THEY ARE DISBANDING!!

How come I didn't know that.

I read it in an interview with Aardschok, Tchort said this one would be the last. Am I behind, or didn't you guys know that too?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2006 - 22:17
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
WHAT??? can u post a link please? i wanna read that
24.06.2006 - 22:17
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
i didnt know bout that
24.06.2006 - 22:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I'm sorry, it is a magazine. It is not on their website (http://www.tnbm.tk/) but that one is pretty shit anyway.

I'll try to find something for you..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2006 - 22:18
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
thanx i will be looking to
24.06.2006 - 22:24
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
i don't if you already have this, but they recently realeased
24.06.2006 - 22:25
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
a web-only live video for Diabolism, a track of the new upcoming album.
Here is a link for download

http://www.season-of-mist.com/common/downloads/CarpathianForest/Carpathian%20Forest-Diabolism.avi
24.06.2006 - 22:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Well, I couldn't find it. But since you're a fellow CF fan, I typed (parts of) the interview out for you.

Bold=Journalist
Italic=Tchort

Actually I find 'Fuck You All!!!!!' a bit of a childish title for an album. Can you imagine that?
The tile is already fairly old, this album should have been released much earlier. There are various reasons for the delay. We have interrupted the recording sessions for a tour, for example. We meant 'Fuck You All!!!!' as the last album that CF will release, and the title is sort of a statement. Of course this is not directed towards our fans, but towards the entire world. It is very possible that we can back to our decision to quite, time will learn. This change so fast withing this band and we have the idea that we are doing better than ever. It could be very true that we will still be the 'pain in the ass' from the Black Metal scene.

So yeah. That is it. They might re-unite, but maybe not. Who knows..

PS. It was a translation, so it is not 100% accurate, but accurate enough in to get the point.
----

24.06.2006 - 23:08
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
many thanx to you, I took u some time lol. I hope they don't split up, there is always nattefrost but carpathian forest is much better than nattefrost alone in my opinion.

Thanx again for writing that part of the interview

24.06.2006 - 23:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
No problem man. We should keep on checking the CF site, though.. Maybe someone else will find it and post it on MS..
----

24.06.2006 - 23:17
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
I think we will know what will happen only after a tour of the new album, I dont think they will split up before that, but... who knows?

24.06.2006 - 23:19
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
No, by judging his words they still enjoy it greatly, since they already start talking about a re-union. So they will finish the tour.
----

24.06.2006 - 23:23
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
yeah i meant they will finish it and than split up, maybe
24.06.2006 - 23:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
We'll see.
----

25.06.2006 - 04:21
Daru Jericho
What? They're splitting up? That's really sad to hear. Makes me regret not seeing them live when they came here last month even more :'(
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.06.2006 - 16:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Yeah, it is so fucked up. Let's hope they will do a big 'Fuck You All!!' promotion tour..
----

28.06.2006 - 04:11
Daru Jericho
Do you think they'll split up anytime soon? Or will they drag out their touring days for a little bit? Aw, so sad...
----

28.06.2006 - 09:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Hmm, don't know. It doesn't seem like a split up through fighting, as Tchort already talks about reunions. They'll probably do some touring. But I have no idea how long, when, where etc.
----

28.06.2006 - 23:47
Daru Jericho
Well, I have some good news from Blabbermouth (LOL):

"CARPATHIAN FOREST have announced that they will take a break for the remainder of 2006 (following the Kaltenbach show) and will prepare for a "touring marathon" in early 2007."

Yay! I hope I can see them this time although I doubt Keep of Kalessin will be supporting them like they did on this past tour
----

29.06.2006 - 13:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
YEY!! That's awesome news. I'll definatly see them when they come to The Netherlands!!
----

30.06.2006 - 02:39
Daru Jericho
I guess it'll be a temporary 'farewell' tour, which could probably be considered an essential for any fans of this band. I hope they hit London again. I shall definitely be catching them!
----

30.06.2006 - 03:55
Daniel
Awwwww,they're splitting up??,,damn,That sucks Bad, ,ah well,I shall always have their cd's as a memorible. .
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere