The Gods Made Heavy Metal
Call to Arms
Metal Daze
Metal Warriors

Total votes: 26
01.09.2008 - 12:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
ok, a topic for all those manowar aficionados out there.

i choose Warriors of the World United, as it's easily the catchiest out of the list, might not be the best thing they did(out of the list i say "Battle Hymn" is the best song) but it certainly is the best anthem, it's so simple and primitive, the drum beat is impossibly awesome.

second on my list would be "Hail and Kill", everyone goes insane during that song, i had the luck to see Ross the Boss's band, and they played this as the last song, it was AMAZING.

PLEASE DO NOT MENTION HEART OF STEEL OR CARRY ON OR SOMETHING, CONCENTRATE ON THE GIVEN OPTIONS(mostly the 'fast' songs).
01.09.2008 - 14:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From poll I like ''Warriors of the World United'' but best song ''Blood of My Enemie''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.09.2008 - 15:26
Elio
Red Nightmare
I have choosen Battle Hymns. Fuckin Epic! Second comes Hail and Kill.
And also Carry On and Heart Of Steel
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.09.2008 - 18:41
Iron Priest

I chose warriors of the world only because you didn't include blood of the kings.
01.09.2008 - 21:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Iron Priest on 01.09.2008 at 18:41

I chose warriors of the world only because you didn't include blood of the kings.

hell, there's too many i didn't say, Blow Your Speakers, Thor, Gloves of Metal, Blood of the Kings, Kill with Power, Death Tone etc. i only wanted to include the ones which i thought were the best of these.
06.09.2008 - 15:58
princess spunky
Account deleted
i went for kings of metal.
it's just a brilliant song, hearing it live is mindblowing and as anthems go, you can't get much catchier than "other bands play, manowar KILL"
07.09.2008 - 11:25
Leonidas

I chose hail and kill for the reason that i think it's the heaviest and most fast played song live and also it has the most descriptive lyrics for a battle plus great similitude phrases, though i believe my favorite is blood of my enemies.
08.09.2008 - 00:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 06.09.2008 at 15:58

it's just a brilliant song, hearing it live is mindblowing and as anthems go, you can't get much catchier than "other bands play, manowar KILL"

yup, even if you never heard of Manowar before, you could hear the chorus once and it can get stuck in your head for days. though i still think "Hail and Kill" and "Warriors of the World United" are catchier
08.09.2008 - 00:48
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Blood Of My Enemies is probably the best heavy metal song ever written... that chorus is a true epic! if someday I happen to hear that shit live I will faint like a young slut seeing Justin Timberlake.

the true manowar anthem!
08.09.2008 - 00:54
princess spunky
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 08.09.2008 at 00:06

Written by Guest on 06.09.2008 at 15:58

yup, even if you never heard of Manowar before, you could hear the chorus once and it can get stuck in your head for days. though i still think "Hail and Kill" and "Warriors of the World United" are catchier

hail and kill is definately an anthem, but i think warriors is overplayed and being honest, i'm sick of hearing it. i also think hand of doom is up there with the rest of them
22.09.2008 - 00:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 08.09.2008 at 00:48

Blood Of My Enemies is probably the best heavy metal song ever written... that chorus is a true epic! if someday I happen to hear that shit live I will faint like a young slut seeing Justin Timberlake.

the true manowar anthem!

while i agree it rules as a song overall, it isn't as epic an anthem as let's say Metal Daze or Hail and Kill. it sounds pretty similar to Call to Arms and Brothers of Metal(same 6/8 beat and some similar riffs), and i'd surely pick Blood instead of these any day but as an anthem it's not that great imo.
22.09.2008 - 03:28
Gigginova
Account deleted
I simply have to vote "Warriors Of The World United"!

That was the song that turned me on to Manowar!
22.09.2008 - 10:05
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 22.09.2008 at 03:28

likewise.
08.10.2008 - 16:30
Narloth

I wouldn't call Hail and Kill and anthem, but I voted for it just because it's so true. (As I'm new to this forum, I follow forum's rules http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/fun_comments.php?fun_id=33 Of cause TR00 is the best argument! Yes it is!!! )
PS My vote is the 13th one! MWAHAHAHAHAHA(HA)
10.10.2008 - 04:22
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Nessun Dorma for sure !!! JK

Wheels on fire i love
----
Stay Metal !!!
10.10.2008 - 06:32
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Valentin B on 22.09.2008 at 10:05

Written by Guest on 22.09.2008 at 03:28

likewise.

Hum me 3! Warriors of The World is their best IMO.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.10.2008 - 18:52
GT
Coffee!!
This is actually a hard one. First of all I haven't heard all of them, which makes it a bit unfair just going for the known ones. Second both Warriors Of The World United, Hail And Kill, Fighting The World and Battle Hymn are awesome songs and great anthems...

...so the decision will have to wait a bit I think
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
17.09.2009 - 21:02
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Hail and Kill is the best Manowar's song. Battle Hymn is the second best. Kings of Metal is one of their worst songs.
17.09.2009 - 21:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Sorry but i am missing Brothers Of Metal...and I Believe...and others

from this list it must be Battle Hymn
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep