Metal Storm logo
Odious Mortem

01.09.2008 - 23:20
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Odious Mortem are a brutal/technical death metal band hailing from Santa Cruz, California. They have released two full lengths so far, their second one entitled 'Cryptic Implosion' being a mind blowing album in many ways. These guys throw in complex yet crushing guitar riffs, great solos and insane drumming by KC Howard. Our vocalist here offers really cool growls that are not the usual low gutteral grunts a brutal death metal band use.

If there are any fans, I would like to hear some opinions and also how do you think the future of this band is going to look like after releasing a great album like 'Cryptic Implosion'. Personally i just think they're going to keep on getting better and make their mark as one of the finest death metal bands.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
02.09.2008 - 04:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I have their sticker on my car.

I think they should get rid of Anthony and just use Dan's vocals, just like on Devouring the Prophecy. He's more gurgley.
03.02.2009 - 18:36
bard

I happened to come across these guys while searching for some good technical death metal, and holy hell...I just finished listening to Cryptic Implosion and I have to say it was a very pleasant experience. These songs are not only brutal and intricate, but also well structured with a good deal of variety to hold my interest, which other tech death bands haven't been able to do for me. They don't just grind the same blast beats to eternity, they don't over-complicate things to the point of losing the song, the music is just so blissfully erratic and entertaining!

My only regret is that it's only a half an hour long...I haven't checked out their 2005 album yet, hopefully it's just as amazing.
----