Metal Storm logo
Ankhagram

03.09.2008 - 05:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Ankhagram are a Russian funeral doom metal band that remained unknown to me until some weeks ago, but that just released and album that crushed me, one of the very best doom metal releases of the year so far ("Under Ruins").

The main influence of the "band" (only one member) is obviously Shape Of Despair, sharing with the finns that thrilling dark romanticism and very obscure atmospheres. Nevertheless, don't expect that sweety keyboard-drowned music that usually make the bands that get their inspiration by the likes of SoD/Swallow The Cum/My Gagging Bride (bands that I enjoy a lot myself, btw). Ankhagram took a much darker pathway, making me remember even Nortt by times.

Highly recommended.

EDIT: Funeral doom metal contest: the song "Under Ruins pt II" is... how can I say it.... "inspired", in a track of a very well known band of the genre... a beer for the first one to tell me which.
03.09.2008 - 11:16
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Hmm gothicy funeral doom, they're adequate, nothing special, the fact is 'Depressed Mode' and 'Ea' do this style far better and with far more interesting results.

Boring.
03.09.2008 - 14:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
In my life I never hear about this band, but now I look at MA and band seems awesome discograpfy, and myspace has samples, I like what I heard there, realy good band, we can say there's no typical funeral doom country, ewery country produces one or more good bands
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2008 - 15:22
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 03.09.2008 at 14:00

In my life I never hear about this band, but now I look at MA and band seems awesome discograpfy, and myspace has samples, I like what I heard there, realy good band, we can say there's no typical funeral doom country, ewery country produces one or more good bands

Comatose Vigil are another great funeral doom band from Russia.. you probably know them.
03.09.2008 - 15:53
KryptoN
imperceptible
I also discovered this band some time ago. Indeed, "Under Ruins" is very good and well produced doom/gothic stuff. I really like the clean sound, it emphasizes the heaviness of the riffs nicely. The other albums are not even nearly as good IMO.
03.09.2008 - 17:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 03.09.2008 at 15:22

Written by Bad English on 03.09.2008 at 14:00

Comatose Vigil are another great funeral doom band from Russia.. you probably know them.

Yes I know it and its great man I was forgoted that band
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing