Metal Storm logo
Diablo Swing Orchestra - New Album Next Year

D:S:O are busy working on new material. The following blog was posted on their MySpace page:

"Well it's been a while since the gig but we'd like to thank all the people who came to the party tent and danced at Summer Breeze. We really had an awesome time during the short but intense set. The gig was the best one we have had so far. Some photos are up at our gallery, more will come.

The song "Subconscious" that Annlouice recorded with Oceans Of Sadness is posted in all it's beauty on their myspace. Check it out at http://www.myspace.com/oceansofsadness!!

Regarding the next album we now have 13 songs that we think will end up on the album. Some of the working titles are: "The Vodka Inferno" (which we have played live a couple of times now), "The Tapdancer's Dilemma", "Stratosphere Serenade", "Lucy Fears The Morning Star" & "Nicotine Cathedrals".

All in all we can promise a more playful album with perhaps a little more aggressive-sounding songs. Some notes on the new songs are that we make more use of brass instruments than on the previous album. Some songs will also feature a male opera singer (we'll reveal names later) and they will be sung in English, Russian, French and italian.

Details regarding studio and what label who will release the album is yet to be finalized but it will probably be sorted out during the upcoming month. Pre-production will continue during the autumn and we'll hit the studio around jan-feb of 2009. We'll keep the live gigs to a minumum during this period to focus on the next album. And even though the release is some time away we can actually promise that if you liked the first album it WILL be worth the wait."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Diablo Swing Orchestra
Posted: 04.09.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 135 users
04.09.2008 - 00:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Really good news from a great band. I'm curious to listen to this new stuff.
04.09.2008 - 00:57
ylside

Go Go DSO !
04.09.2008 - 01:02
Thryce
Retired Staff
So cool to see they work together very well with a Belgian metal band. Though, didn't really expect both bands touring together would end up in a guest appearance by Annlouice for Oceans Of Sadness, which is great news whatsoever of course! Anyway, the song is terrific, makes me look forward to some new D:S:O material.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
04.09.2008 - 01:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
very nice. i hope they dont rush things, january/febrary will come very quickly
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.09.2008 - 01:57
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
color me intrigued for their sophomore effort.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.09.2008 - 02:39
Talvi

Their debut was good. Let's hope this one is great.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
04.09.2008 - 05:38
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
They had a great debut, If the next album is better it wold be in the Top 20 very easy.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
04.09.2008 - 08:18
annodomini

They promissed an album last April, and now they are talking like they were saying nothing about it previously. But still looking forward.
----
the riddle wants to be...
04.09.2008 - 08:22
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Man, I thought it would be out this year, but that's gonna be one the most anticipated albums of 2009.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
04.09.2008 - 11:19
Lone Reaper

Yeah, baby! "The vodka Inferno" on Russian - is our choise %) Waiting...
04.09.2008 - 12:48
Bas
Retired Staff
"All in all we can promise a more playful album with perhaps a little more aggressive-sounding songs."

now that sounds promising
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
04.09.2008 - 18:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Wow... this sounds very promising as Bas said. Specially the more aggressive sound, male opera singer and vocals on different languages.

Damn, this seems nice I'm looking forward for it! Their debut was such an amaizing album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.09.2008 - 02:05
Symmachus

I've heard of this band. I want to check them out.
05.09.2008 - 09:01
Vrana

Woho!
05.09.2008 - 09:01
Vrana

Woho!
05.09.2008 - 10:35
albatros

The first album was a result of a long creation process. Now they had a lot less time and I guess they are under some sort of pressure after their brilliant debut.
I'm very curious about the new work, of course. However I don't think that I'll care for a male opera singer.

In any case I'll be happy to see them play again.
11.01.2009 - 12:38
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I'm listening to Butcher's Ballroom, and I don't know if they can do better than that. I seriously can't image a better album from them. But I do hope it will be of the same quality.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
12.01.2009 - 04:32
Wonderlost
Account deleted
I can't wait. Really great band, very original.

Hits total: 6499 | This month: 6