Mayhem
Gorgoroth
Carpathian Forest

Total votes: 275
29.11.2006 - 00:44
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 20.07.2006 at 06:11

...I will give my vote to Darkthrone because they get me into black metal and they have the three classic albums A Blaze In The Northern Sky, Under A Funeral Moon, and Transilvanian Hunger. They defined the term raw production as well.

I also give my vote to Darkthrone! Classical Black Metal band! it is hard to choose between such great bands... I also would like add Ulver to this list! Ulver was my first Black Metal band so I must mention that fact!
30.11.2006 - 23:30
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
My vote would have to go to Immortal. Listening to "Battles In The North" give me the feeling that I am being repeatedly kicked in the head. Also, the band has some nice riffs and vocals.
01.12.2006 - 03:24
Stigmatized
It seems like I voted Dimmu Borgir earlier, yet they aren't even on the poll. Maybe that was in the old forum...

Anyway, I now have to say I would go with Immortal. The band has put out some really solid material. Gotta love Abbath's vocals too.
01.12.2006 - 06:39
Spirit Crusher
Account deleted
Satyricon won my vote for they were the master minds behind Mother North but Immortal is just as good.
04.12.2006 - 15:57
Sunioj

For me its a struggle between Emperor and Immortal....dont even know why
04.12.2006 - 16:04
marilin
Account deleted
It is almost impossible to choose among them... But definitely I gave my vote to the best- Satyricon!
04.12.2006 - 20:06
Dirt pride
Account deleted
wow tht was tough for me it was a competitionbetween carpathian forest and gorgoroth, but because of thier new album, fuck you all!!!, i voted for carpathian forest, but i would have voted for gorgoroth as well if i could have.
hails
16.01.2007 - 09:28
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Well, I like most of the bands mentioned above, so, a hard choice. So, I chose Immortal.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.01.2007 - 18:49
agent orange
Account deleted
i'm more into the progressive oriented stuff so while it was a hard choice i had to go with enslaved.
16.01.2007 - 22:06
Himann
Orm KrigGud
There was a thread like this before the upgrade as well. Anyway from this particular list Darkthrone for me all the way..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
16.01.2007 - 22:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its wierd because 3 votes for Mayhem its realy weard, I had read a lot of ppl here like Mayhem and I am suprised so por voting
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.01.2007 - 22:25
Himann
Orm KrigGud
It should be expected as people will generally go for Immortal or Emperor as the more extreme bands are tougher to get into. It's a poor lookout for old school Black Metal.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
17.01.2007 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 16.01.2007 at 22:25

It should be expected as people will generally go for Immortal or Emperor as the more extreme bands are tougher to get into. It's a poor lookout for old school Black Metal.

I agree but still Immortal are diferent how Emperor, if we talk about Emperor ist hard talking about its music its so diferent and same time interesting, more emotions how other BM band but Immortal are claisc and best pure BM band, becacse first who put felings, nature, emotions and black spirit(good emaning) into BM
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2007 - 11:25
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 17.01.2007 at 01:00

Written by Himann on 16.01.2007 at 22:25

I agree but still Immortal are diferent how Emperor, if we talk about Emperor ist hard talking about its music its so diferent and same time interesting, more emotions how other BM band but Immortal are claisc and best pure BM band, becacse first who put felings, nature, emotions and black spirit(good emaning) into BM

Well there were a few bands that put feelings, nature, emotions and stuff into their music.. Satyricon for one, Bathory too was quite epic. I agree however that Immortal are quite unique in their own way, as were Emperor..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
17.01.2007 - 11:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@Himann - Bathory was Swedish
Immortal ist somerthing special for me something taht I cant explain why I love so much its more how pure BM band ist something I dunno, maybe it takes me into BM, and it I acnt express my self

From those BIG early bands I like Ulver, Empreor, Immortal, Arcturus, Enslaved, Windir and Limbonic Art Tjose I like and those names are written in history like Ruuns of corse here are others who can put those feelinsg into muisc but thay coem leither and read my first post here

Satyricon I never as fan of them, but first album are so amazing
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2007 - 20:54
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@Kariasakis7, I agree that Satyricon's earlier albums are the only ones worth considering. Immortal was a special band for me as well some time back when I just got into them. However once you listen to more extreme bands they lose rank a bit comparatively even though they are still good and worth the listen now and then..

I know that Bathory are from Sweeden but I'm just saying that Immortal was not the first band to put feelings, emotions etc into Black Metal which was what you were saying 3 posts back..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
17.01.2007 - 22:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 17.01.2007 at 20:54

@Kariasakis7, I agree that Satyricon's earlier albums are the only ones worth considering. Immortal was a special band for me as well some time back when I just got into them. However once you listen to more extreme bands they lose rank a bit comparatively even though they are still good and worth the listen now and then..

I know that Bathory are from Sweeden but I'm just saying that Immortal was not the first band to put feelings, emotions etc into Black Metal which was what you were saying 3 posts back..

Yes I agree about it, but still early bands are better and deeper, because ist early, others leitehr tahys tart coppy and even Satyricon isnt such original how thay was in first 2 albums, and Immortal even what thay criate ist something special, I dunno why i think so but i think so

Hhaha Its Norvegian BM poll so let Bathory go to Swedish but you was wright IMO in Norway, France, Italy, Romania, Germany, USa are bands who can made such feelings
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2007 - 00:49
Himann
Orm KrigGud
@Kariasakis7, yeah the earlier their stuff is the better it is. Change is not a bad thing but some bands do it in too much of an extent, eg: Satyricon.. Their first two albums were godly.
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
19.01.2007 - 00:53
Milan
Account deleted
Enslaved are my favourite and I think the only norwegian black metal band.
I just love Eld and Blodhemn
19.01.2007 - 02:41
GoldenerSchnitt

My favorite out of those would have to be Burzum the music is so atmospheric and deep which a few of those bands lack like Mayhem Darkthrone and Gorgoroth and their are some good bands that weren't on their like Windir that would be my second favorite norwegian BM band and Emperor would be my third
19.01.2007 - 03:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Himann on 19.01.2007 at 00:49

@Kariasakis7, yeah the earlier their stuff is the better it is. Change is not a bad thing but some bands do it in too much of an extent, eg: Satyricon.. Their first two albums were godly.

First 2 albums are so clasic BM of satyricon but Fuel The Hatred song si it BM and ehh IMO ist I dont know what is it but not BM anymore, etliest how it was
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2007 - 11:20
APOHAKC
The Bard
Darkthrone, because I love their view of Black Metal, their attitude and their retarded songs, they are real great
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
20.01.2007 - 20:26
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 19.01.2007 at 03:41

Written by Himann on 19.01.2007 at 00:49

First 2 albums are so clasic BM of satyricon but Fuel The Hatred song si it BM and ehh IMO ist I dont know what is it but not BM anymore, etliest how it was

Can't really remember the track listings from other albums other than the first two. Nemesis Divina is not too bad but nothing compared to Dark Medival Times and Shadowthrone its nothing much. Their first demo is not too bad but only 4 tracks though (not exactly the same style also).. There is a rumor that Satyr did vocals in one of the Darkthrone albums too but I can't remember which one..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
22.01.2007 - 09:48
Marilin
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

There is a rumor that Satyr did vocals in one of the Darkthrone albums too but I can't remember which one...

... Total Death and Goatlord?
23.01.2007 - 16:42
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 22.01.2007 at 09:48

There is a rumor that Satyr did vocals in one of the Darkthrone albums too but I can't remember which one...

... Total Death and Goatlord?

Yep actually checked up and they were the ones. I can barely remember though as at first I didn't even know that Satyr was on the album. It was only later on that I bothered to read the back cover and stuff lol. It made very little difference for me as I liked both albums quite well despite another vocalist in the mix..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
23.01.2007 - 22:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 23.01.2007 at 22:07

MEGADETH\m/!

Really? WTF? Was it supposed to be funny or what?
----
25.01.2007 - 18:18
chuckie
Account deleted
I say satyricon just cuz Dark Medieval Times is such a good fucking album , but all those bands are good except for gorgoroth lol so all the other bands listed are close in the rankings
25.01.2007 - 23:25
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Very few votes for Mayhem and Gorgoroth.. Such a shame cause some of their albums are real classics. I dislike most of their newer releases though but can say that for many of the bands in this poll..
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
23.02.2007 - 20:16
Martinikuss

Satyricon for Mother North
23.02.2007 - 20:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Martinikuss on 23.02.2007 at 20:16

Satyricon for Mother North

Actualy that album where are this song are only grom Satyricon what I like and IMO bets but after it slowley thay rot, new album ehhh
----

apos;'
[image]