Metal Storm logo
Study shows heavy metal fans are "gentle and creative."

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 07.09.2008 - 00:33
I just read this article and found it was kind of interesting. What do you all think of this study? Article. Are Metalheads really creative and gentle? Are there good examples of this? Or was this "study" based on bad research?

---

Moderator edit: As the link above has ceased working, you can read about it at here instead:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7598549.stm
22.10.2014 - 04:06
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Written by Ganondox on 20.10.2014 at 08:43

Written by Guest on 18.10.2014 at 18:27

I'm not surprised by this study.

Also, what might mean something, many metal fans tend to be Atheist, demographics have shown that Atheists are less likely to commit a violent crime, so that might play into it a little bit.

I doubt that has anything to do with it, that seems to just be confusing correlation with causation.

I was actually really trying not to say that (I know correlation does not equal causation).
28.01.2015 - 06:45
Amy
That would make sense because we generally safely exert our anger and aggression through music.
----
\m/
14.02.2015 - 00:58
hetfield
Doesn't surprise me, most ppl I know are like this. Just most people are too insensitive to realize it.
11.09.2016 - 21:20
MM, I don't agree with the atheist bullshit up there...I think they commit crime as much as anyone else....I do agree with the main topic though...Many metal heads and metal bands are very creative indeed...Just look at the costumes some bands wear onstage and their artwork on their albums and so many express themselves through elaborate tattoos and piercings...and make-up!! is very interesting to see...8-]]
16.09.2016 - 02:49
Ganondox
Written by Crimson Maiden on 11.09.2016 at 21:20

MM, I don't agree with the atheist bullshit up there...I think they commit crime as much as anyone else....I do agree with the main topic though...Many metal heads and metal bands are very creative indeed...Just look at the costumes some bands wear onstage and their artwork on their albums and so many express themselves through elaborate tattoos and piercings...and make-up!! is very interesting to see...8-]]

Athiests statistically commit less crimes than the general population, but that's just because in the samples they used the atheists tended to be more educated than the other groups (but certain religious groups are more educated than the average atheist), and more education results in less crime.
17.09.2016 - 01:43
Well, I guess it is more interesting than I thought previously...I am just a born again christian and at first I got upset seeing atheists being talked about..I learn something new everyday...So, thank you for your comment up above...8-]]
27.10.2016 - 12:08
Alondate
Low self-esteem, creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease

I have all these features, literally

Also, this religion talking is right. I am with you. I was born into this fucking muslim society and almost every muslim thinks about violence, rape, abuse, profanity etc. I feel lucky that I didn't become one of these shitty, leech people
16.10.2017 - 23:30
VIG
Account deleted
I think most metal fans who really dig deep into the stuff are gentle and creative. I would agree with this.
13.11.2021 - 13:14
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
contributor
I agree that metalheads are more creative, gentle, and at ease than as they are typically portrayed.
I don't know about the "low self-esteem" and "not hardworking" though
I guess these labels are based off of majorities of people studied, but there can obviously be exceptions. I know hardworking metalheads and gentle fans of dance music
13.11.2021 - 14:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by F3ynman2000 on 13.11.2021 at 13:14

creative, gentle, at ease, "low self-esteem", "not hardworking"

Wow, I'm all of these :p
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
13.11.2021 - 14:07
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos