Metal Storm logo
Esoteric

Original post

Posted by , 09.09.2008 - 01:39
In light of their recent output: 'The Maniacal Vale' I thought it necessary to make a thread for the English Doomsters.

'The Maniacal Vale' will undoubtedly find its way to the top of many people's favourite albums of '08 (most likely mine included) but in all honestly I think it goes beyond that. I daresay it's become the representative Funeral Doom album altogether; it's pretty much perfect in every respect. Lasting an hour and 40 minutes one would think they'd become bored of it when in fact every second will seem as brilliant as the last, the track 'Caucus of Mind' being an interesting break from the doom being almost pure death metal (and fine death metal it is too). The entire album is both heart-achingly depressing and gloriously uplifting if that's not an oxymoron. Ah, I love how the UK is still killing the rest of the world where doom is concerned.

'Subconscious Dissolution into the Continuum' is pretty special too, that's all I've heard of their stuff but I'm guessing it's all quality.
11.12.2011 - 02:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Savopipo on 11.12.2011 at 02:27
Grinddoom?

Funeralgrind.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.12.2011 - 02:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Grinddoom?

diSEMBOWELMENT comes quite close at times
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.12.2011 - 17:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.12.2011 at 02:33

Grinddoom?

diSEMBOWELMENT comes quite close at times

I'm FINALLY getting the 2cd "discography-compilation" s/t.... So excited.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2012 - 01:57
InnerSelf
proofread free
Oh lord !
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
01.07.2012 - 02:45
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I'm trying to prepare my body for this, but it's becoming ever-so hard. I go CD shopping Monday, and if I see anything by them, I'm picking it up.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.07.2012 - 20:14
kesh
Account deleted
Dont know whether to call you a 'lucky bastard' for yet having heard them, or 'no! Dont do it!'. There newest, Paragon of Dissonance, would be a good place to start. Enjoying it, definitely softer then there old stuff, an i tend to enjoy the extremer end of doom metal. This pretty much left off from the previous album, psychedelic, though theres alot of new stuff in it an preferring it to The Manical Vale.

You could start with any album though, as theres only Greg left from the orignal line-up, complete line-up changes after pretty much every album an there all 10/10. I preferred the 'hateful - drug influenced tortured doom' ones.
01.07.2012 - 22:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.07.2012 at 02:45

I'm trying to prepare my body for this, but it's becoming ever-so hard. I go CD shopping Monday, and if I see anything by them, I'm picking it up.

Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum is a great place to start if you ask me. It's just one cd so it's already way easier to get into but still what Esoteric stands for. Their first 2 cds can be hard to get into if you are totally new to them... Their last one is fantastic but it seems to me it's a bit "out there" compared to their regular formula... while The Maniacal Vale is... well, their fucking masterpiece.

So yeah, SDITC is great place to start imo.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.07.2012 - 22:24
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.07.2012 at 22:23

Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.07.2012 at 02:45

Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum is a great place to start if you ask me. It's just one cd so it's already way easier to get into but still what Esoteric stands for. Their first 2 cds can be hard to get into if you are totally new to them... Their last one is fantastic but it seems to me it's a bit "out there" compared to their regular formula... while The Maniacal Vale is... well, their fucking masterpiece.

So yeah, SDITC is great place to start imo.

Alright, I'll keep an eye out!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
07.12.2014 - 03:37
Chobo_jokeR

Http://www.nocleansinging.com/2014/12/03/an-ncs-interview-esoterics-greg-chandler/

Great interview with Greg Chandler.

He drops a hint of a their upcoming 7th album?hopefully it would be done by tail end of 2015, but my guess would be 2016 judging from how he worded that paragraph. Apparently the 2nd album of Lychgate was recorded in November.

Boom!
07.12.2014 - 16:56
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Chobo_jokeR on 07.12.2014 at 03:37

Http://www.nocleansinging.com/2014/12/03/an-ncs-interview-esoterics-greg-chandler/

Great interview with Greg Chandler.

He drops a hint of a their upcoming 7th album?hopefully it would be done by tail end of 2015, but my guess would be 2016 judging from how he worded that paragraph. Apparently the 2nd album of Lychgate was recorded in November.

Boom!

*Double boner*
It was a good read. Always nice to hear from the man.
----
is not bold enough
18.12.2016 - 14:12
InnerSelf
proofread free
They don't seem to do a lot of shows outside of festivals, I would really like to see them live as they are probably my favorite band of all time
Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them this year, especially if there's a new album in the making.
----
is not bold enough
05.03.2020 - 16:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Esoteric is 3th band what I found out so far cancel events die Corona, Schenker Fest and Lacuna Coil in Japan, Esoteric in Italy:
Esoteric
2 March at 19:47 ·
Important Notice:

Due to restrictions placed on public events by the Italian government in response to the current Coronavirus outbreak our shows in Rome this Friday March 6th, and Milan Saturday March 7th are cancelled. We are currently in the process of rescheduling the shows for later in the year, stay tuned for updates. We apologise, but we'll be back.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.05.2020 - 22:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
For anyone interested,

Esoteric posted this on Facebook

After many months of secrecy, we are happy to announce the existence of Self Hypnosis. The band is a collaboration of Kris Clayton (Camel Of Doom/Esoteric), Greg Chandler (Esoteric/Lychgate) and Tom Vallely (Lychgate/Macabre Omen/Omega Centuri).

Our debut album 'Contagion of Despair' will be released on 21st August 2020 by Svart Records. The first track from the record, 'Contagion' can be listened to in its entirety here.

Source: Facebook

Edit: Highly recommended to Experimental doom metal fans.