Metal Storm logo
In Flames

09.09.2008 - 13:01
Baz Anderson

Old thread got a little too big for comfort; here is your new place to talk about all things In Flames.
19.10.2008 - 03:08
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
To get things started in this new thread of In Flames I thought we could make a voting. A voting for what you may ask? To make a 'Best of..' compilation was my thought. Write down your five favourite songs with In Flames, when it's complete the ten songs with most votes will make up this 'Best of...' compilation.

So I'll go over it again. Pick five favourite In Flames songs from any release, the ten songs with most votes ends up in the compilation. You have until 31 August on you to make your votes!

My five votes goes to:
1. Eraser (The Mirror's Truth (EP))
2. December Flower (The Jester Race)
3. Dead Eternity (The Jester Race)
4. Dead Alone (Soundtrack to Your Escape)
5. Trigger (Reroute to Remain)
19.10.2008 - 19:42
Ernis
狼獾
Righty then....

1. Moonshield
2. Black And White
3. Colony
4. Embody The Invisible
5. Cloud Connected

People's tastes are different though plus the wide range of the band's work will surely make the voting being relatively intense.....
20.10.2008 - 23:38
Elio
Red Nightmare
1. December Flower
2. Jotun
3. Colony
4. Satellites And Astronauts
5. Behind Space

Ehy each one from a different album
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
26.10.2008 - 00:37
gocasaca

Awesome instrumental ballad - Jester's dance - No 1
Others:
No 2. Suburban me
No 3. Embody the invisibile
No 4. Crawl through knives
No 5. Moonshield
17.12.2008 - 02:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Didn't we do this a couple of years ago?
----
17.12.2008 - 12:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
For some reason i cant stop listening to "Wayfaerer". its an instrumental from the Jester Race album and i think middle and ending guitar solos are epic as hell and make the music all the more better.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
17.12.2008 - 21:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
For some reason? It's just their best song ever! Wayfaerer
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.12.2008 - 00:07
Luciferion

Wayfaerer is a ridiculously good track. its definetly in their top 10 for me.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
20.12.2008 - 04:51
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've always like Dialogue With the Stars as an instrumental. Wayfaerer is also a great song though... in fact, that whole album is great. Damn. Everytime I think of In Flames I get a little frustrated over how they turned out
----
Coldgrits
20.12.2008 - 09:36
Ascendant187

Written by -DC-002- on 20.12.2008 at 04:51

I've always like Dialogue With the Stars as an instrumental. Wayfaerer is also a great song though... in fact, that whole album is great. Damn. Everytime I think of In Flames I get a little frustrated over how they turned out

You aren't the only one who wonders where it all went wrong. Still, I'm sure they're selling all their crap through Hot Topics across the globe.
21.12.2008 - 14:51
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
If you haven't heard the latest album "A Sense Of Purpose" just go to this location and you can hear it in it's entire for a limited time.
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
21.12.2008 - 21:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Slay, it's not worth listening. But thanks

It's really a weak album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.12.2008 - 21:53
ms68

1. Jotun
2. Insipid 2000
3. Lord Hypnos
4. Embody The Invisible
5. Biosphere
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
23.12.2008 - 21:55
ms68

What the fuck had happened in in flames last album (a sense of idiocy)???
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
04.01.2009 - 17:43
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
A friend and I last week got all nostalgic about the old In Flames days: Started listening to the classics again (Clayman and earlier) and we came to the conclusion that we dont really care how gay they became. They left us with enough AMAZING materials over their first 4 / 5 albums that we'd much rather just listen to that and not listen to anything new again.

Guess it's a pity that they started to suck so bad, wont ever understand why a band with so much talent would just settle to make mediocre music. It cant be musically satisfying for them I dont think....Be it as it may, theres many new bands out there with amazing skill who I would much rather listen to than wait in the hope that In Flames gets back on track.
04.01.2009 - 19:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 04.01.2009 at 17:43

A friend and I last week got all nostalgic about the old In Flames days: Started listening to the classics again (Clayman and earlier) and we came to the conclusion that we dont really care how gay they became. They left us with enough AMAZING materials over their first 4 / 5 albums that we'd much rather just listen to that and not listen to anything new again.

I think the same way. That's why I keep saying that In Flames is Sweden's best band IMO, because of their old stuff. I don't let the new shit (although I kinda liked "A Sense of Purpose") stand in my way.
----
04.02.2009 - 01:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
They're coming round here in march. i'd like to go see them, so what albums do you people reccomend(hopefully stuff i'll be able to hear live) i understand they've changed their style in the nu metal direction, right?
04.02.2009 - 22:07
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Valentin B on 04.02.2009 at 01:25

They're coming round here in march. i'd like to go see them, so what albums do you people reccomend(hopefully stuff i'll be able to hear live) i understand they've changed their style in the nu metal direction, right?

Their new sound is more of the Modern Gothenburg metal sound. It's pretty much the same sound difference between old and new Metallica.
Since you want an album that will have songs that they actually play I'll recommend Come Clarity or just go with their new album, A Sense of Purpose. Those albums have SOME catchy and alright songs. Their live shows are said to be good no matter what the songs played though
----
Coldgrits
12.05.2009 - 16:34
MeloDeathViking

Written by Luciferion on 19.12.2008 at 00:07

Wayfaerer is a ridiculously good track. its definetly in their top 10 for me.

I was just thinking this the other day lol. Didn't realize so many people felt the same way. I breaks my heart to think that we'll never get another masterpiece like this from them I wonder how Jester Race would sound if they rercorded it nowadays. Like how they did with Behind Space on Colony, just do it with all of Jester Race, would it sound any good? I know it's a masterpiece and needs no changing, but bare with me. I think it would be intresting to hear they're take now on what they did back then. Alright, I'm gonna leave it at that so I don't cause myself more backlash than I can handle.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
19.05.2009 - 10:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
1. Only For The Weak
2. ...As The Future Repeats Today
3. December Flower
4. The Quiet Place
5. Superhero Of The Computer Rage

by the way i don't understand what you people like on wayfaerer.....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
05.06.2009 - 12:55
AbdelioR

Written by Guest on 04.01.2009 at 17:43

I agree with that. I think they actually have really good songs in their lasts albums, but nothing like Clayman, Colony or The Jester Race.

Written by Valentin B on 04.02.2009 at 01:25

I recommend you the 3 albums I said before
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
30.06.2009 - 17:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm listening to them quite a bit these days, mostly because i'm gonna be catching them at Wacken, and i've come to the conclusion that:
-the lyrics suck
-the vocals are weird and cheesy sometimes
-the guitar parts are always INCREDIBLE and make me forget everything about the vocals and how sucky they are sometimes
-it's a fashion no-no to have dreadlocks and scream like a black metal vocalist
01.07.2009 - 20:46
Metal For Life

Valentin B, agreed on the guitar bit. Bjorn and Jesper have some great melodies. A Sense of Purpose was huge let down for me though, if they returned to Clayman or Whoracle era, i would be a happy amn. Saw them on Gigantour 2008 and they certainly put on a show. Great live band.
----
Brother will kill brother, Spilling blood across the land, Killing for religion, Something I don't understand
03.07.2009 - 22:36
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Isnt it a big difficult to choose 5 favourite songs ? ;p
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
04.07.2009 - 12:29
RockeRoy

My top five songs would be

1. Square nothing
2. Bullet ride
3. Metaphor
4. Artifacts of the black rain
5. Episode 666
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
04.07.2009 - 12:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Ah i forgot about the top 5 songs. well, so far i can only say Embody the Invisible and Acoustic Medley are songs i really love by these guys, but generally i like their stuff, as i said before, the guitars are wicked.
06.07.2009 - 15:27
IronAngel

Just saw them live on Saturday. It was a bit of a disappointment, really, even if I wasn't expecting anything grand. Crappy songs all night long. Only for the Weak and Pinball Map kicked some serious ass, though. I just don't like the vocals these days, too high-pitched and half-clean. I prefer the lower growls of the past.
14.07.2009 - 03:18
Warlock84

As much as I love this band and wish to see them live again in October, I have to agree that they are no where near what they used to be as a 'metal' band. If "A Sense Of Purpose" was a side project release of Jesper or Anders I would have a lot more respect for it. There isn't any power or aggression left in the sound. Musically- especially guitar wise, it is still amazing and very well put together, but not really what I want to hear from them... They were amazing back in December when I saw them in Baltimore, and hopefully will still bring that feel this coming October.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
10.08.2009 - 15:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hell yeah every single song i hear from these guys i love. saw them at WOA and it was awesome, though i was way too tired and cold to enjoy the gig and had to leave, and what better time to do that than during "The Chosen Pessimist"? hahaha. top 5:
5.The Hive
4.Delight and Angers
3.Take This Life
2.Cloud Connected
1.Embody The Invisible