Poll

Which one is better? (be objective)

Rust In Peace
Master Of Puppets

Total votes: 415
13.09.2008 - 23:40
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Well, here is the deal. Master Of Puppets has always been my no. 1 all-time album, but after I had discovered Rust In Peace something changed. Especially now I find myself hopelessly hooked to this album. It's just amazing.

Well, both albums are classics and maybe even flawless masterpieces. One has an ingenious "Master Of Puppets," the other a decent match of "Holy Wars." One has a classic of an instrumental, the other has the number, quality, and beauty of solos that one other album I have ever heard has. Well, there is kind of a tie situation here, but... right now I feel like voting for Rust In Peace; I do think it's better, and so be it. My vote goes to Rust In Peace.

This is a pretty light poll, so no massive discussions are needed as this is a rather subjective matter. If you have something to say though, please do, e.g. favorite moments, solos, lyrics, riffs or maybe drawbacks if you find any... I just want to see who will win in such a battle.

But please, I freaking beg you on my knees, don't post anything like "Megadeth rules" or "Metallica suxx." And don't vote for a particular album just because one of these bands is your favorite.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
14.09.2008 - 00:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
hahahaahah, great thread dude! awesome idea!

i vote for Rust in Peace, because while Master of Puppets is also a great album(haven't listened to it in ages though), it fails because it is not as technical as Rust in Peace, and sometimes it's pretty much a wankfest, there is some filler over there(The Thing That Should Not Be, it's nowhere near as memorable and awesome as Call Of Ktulu) though when it rocks, it's just as good as RiP(Battery, title track of course, Damage Inc)

so there's 3 kickass songs vs. Megadeth's.. let's see: Holy Wars, Hangar 18(solo!!11), Take No Prisoners, Tornado Of Souls(solo!!11), Rust in Peace..Polaris so that makes 5. RiP it is.
14.09.2008 - 00:06
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Valentin B on 14.09.2008 at 00:01

there is some filler over there(The Thing That Should Not Be, it's nowhere near as memorable and awesome as Call Of Ktulu) though when it rocks, it's just as good as RiP(Battery, title track of course, Damage Inc)

Well, you know when I really got into MOP, The Thing That Shouldn't Be was the only song I didn't like, but with time it grew on me, and I like it very much, although I agree it's not a kickass song.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

14.09.2008 - 03:51
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Rust in Peace for me too. Master of Puppets has great moments, but also parts of it bore me, unlike Rust in Peace.
14.09.2008 - 06:11
Harmonic
Account deleted
Master of Puppets, hands down. Not sure if I was objective enough, though, seeing as I'm the only one who's chosen MoP so far...

There are too many songs on RiP that irritate the hell out of me. Five Magics is particularly annoying. What's the deal with all the bad voice acting, anyway? And then in Dawn Patrol somebody (Mustaine?) tries to do a mole. Or a rat. Whatever. I'm sorry, that's just lame and it cancels out the coolness of the good songs on the album.

Metallica shits all over Megadeth this time.
14.09.2008 - 09:15
Demonmayonnaise
I really like both of these albums, but RIP wins for me. MoP is way too long and drug out. Through the good songs (Master, Damage inc., Battery) MoP rocks. But then I get bored with some of the others. If the thing that should not be was about two minutes shorter, it would be a little more bearable. Rust in Peace keeps me entertained the entire way through. Both albums feature some pretty flashy lead work, but I think RiP wins in terms of solos.
14.09.2008 - 09:24
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 14.09.2008 at 09:15

I really like both of these albums, but RIP wins for me. MoP is way too long and drug out. Through the good songs (Master, Damage inc., Battery) MoP rocks. But then I get bored with some of the others. If the thing that should not be was about two minutes shorter, it would be a little more bearable. Rust in Peace keeps me entertained the entire way through. Both albums feature some pretty flashy lead work, but I think RiP wins in terms of solos.

Exactly. RIP just takes hold of you for the entire album, even during "Dawn Patrol," which is also a very original piece. Well, and as far as solos, it wins hands, legs and everything else down
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

14.09.2008 - 11:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I voted for Master, because I like it more, first 3 Metallica albums are better how Megadeah generaly, and I like it better, better lyrics and atmosfere , its almouts likie best of where's best songs in album, realy good one, if here be Kill em all, or Ride the Lighting, I woyd think more before vote
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2008 - 11:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 14.09.2008 at 11:10

I voted for Master, because I like it more, first 3 Metallica albums are better how Megadeah generaly, and I like it better, better lyrics and atmosfere

Agreed.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
22.11.2008 - 06:22
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
My vote is for just RiP, I listened both albums yesterday, and yes even if I love Master Of Puppets, this time the winner is Rust In Peace, every song is great (each one!) so this time Megadeth wins.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
22.11.2008 - 11:12
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
@ktulu

If u ask me this is a really useless thread as other threads which r talkin about Megadeth and Metallica. its meaningless man. so what?
u say that this is not a warplace of Metallica and Megadeth? so what the fuck is this man? its is a self-deceit whe u call ur poll just a normal poll. I dont like such poll in MS. I didnt see nothin but war in this threads. some ppl against metallica and some against megadeth and some of them r becomning a enemy casue of these meaningless polls.

PS:Im waiting for u next poll about metallica and megadethm with the same sentences" "plz dont war here this is not the fight area", I think ur gonna to compare their albums one by one. and their players too! bass, guitar, vocals ....
AND I SAY SO FUCKIN WHAT?
22.11.2008 - 11:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Man, I created this thread because MoP has always been my #1 all-time album, but then the serenity of its dominance was interrupted by RIP entering my life. The latter impressed me so much, that I realized that I like it even more than MoP. Nevertheless, Metallica still remains my favorite band, and that's why I asked not to vote for one album or another just because one of the band was your favorite. It's just a personal thing for me, and I wanted to know other people's feelings about the matter.

P.S. I know it's a little different, but why did you create the Jason vs Cliff poll? To see how many people will say "Cliff was a legend. RIP.. blah blah blah?"

P.S.S. My poll is the comparison of two magnum opuses (and my top 2 favorite albums, which appeared to be by Metallica and Megadeth).
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

22.11.2008 - 12:10
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 22.11.2008 at 11:29

P.S. I know it's a little different, but why did you create the Jason vs Cliff poll? To see how many people will say "Cliff was a legend. RIP.. blah blah blah?"

u think that poll is comparable to this one? that thing is about Metallica familly! u cant find fanatic things there! so u cant find absolutely Idiotic sentences there!
my question is that HOW LONG WILL U FOLLOW SUCH POLLS? dont u think that its borring to talk about metallica and megadeth all the time? i think we have a lot of bands which deserves to talk about but metalica. I think u have to find some other bands! u r talkin about megadeth and metallica all the time! but this is not what metal is. we have a lot of great bands which r so better than megadeth or metallica. its boring to see same fuckin polls about fuckin metallica. IM REALLY TIRED OF THIS.
22.11.2008 - 12:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I say Rust in Peace. while both are a golden album in that they can be listened to all the way through without having to change tracks, Rust in Peace is an album that doesnt tire me at middle points like MoP does. the first part of the album annoys me a bit but is redeemed in the middle and later parts in flawless fashion. this is a really good poll because its a good question. i dont think better albums could have been picked to be compared.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.11.2008 - 16:09
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Guest on 22.11.2008 at 11:12

If u ask me this is a really useless thread as other threads which r talkin about Megadeth and Metallica. its meaningless man. so what?

Thank god you don't make the rules around here. This is a good poll, it has an interesting question and for once a good opening post. Seriously, I remember that when this thread was created we - the staff - had a celebration because there is still hope for nice polls with good opening posts. It was beer all around, you know?

Yeah, we've had Metallica vs. Megadeth before in many different ways, but I say "so what?"
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.11.2008 - 16:18
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 22.11.2008 at 16:09

Written by Guest on 22.11.2008 at 11:12

Thank god you don't make the rules around here. This is a good poll, it has an interesting question and for once a good opening post. Seriously, I remember that when this thread was created we - the staff - had a celebration because there is still hope for nice polls with good opening posts. It was beer all around, you know?

Yeah, we've had Metallica vs. Megadeth before in many different ways, but I say "so what?"

everyday a new poll about metallica and megadeth! kirk vs dave. dave vs jaymz, marty vs kirk and first albums, second albums, third albums.
u think this is useful use it, I didnt dedicate somthin! its just my oppinion, IM REALLY TIRED OF FUCKIN METALILCA AND MEGADETH HERE AT MS. I think u commercially use them.
22.11.2008 - 16:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Guest on 22.11.2008 at 16:18

everyday a new poll about metallica and megadeth! kirk vs dave. dave vs jaymz, marty vs kirk and first albums, second albums, third albums.
u think this is useful use it, I didnt dedicate somthin! its just my oppinion, IM REALLY TIRED OF FUCKIN METALILCA AND MEGADETH HERE AT MS. I think u commercially use them.

You have to:

#1 Stop using caps. We have all mastered the ability to read and we will understand your message even without caps.

#2 Stop whining about Metallica. We know that you cry at night when some votes for a different band in a poll, but that is really your own problem and we do not want you to cry about it here.

And last but not least, you have to:

#3 Realize that if you do not change your whiny behaviour, you're going to have to face the consequences.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.11.2008 - 16:30
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 22.11.2008 at 16:22

Written by Guest on 22.11.2008 at 16:18

You have to:

#1 Stop using caps. We have all mastered the ability to read and we will understand your message even without caps.

#2 Stop whining about Metallica. We know that you cry at night when some votes for a different band in a poll, but that is really your own problem and we do not want you to cry about it here.

And last but not least, you have to:

#3 Realize that if you do not change your whiny behaviour, you're going to have to face the consequences.

I really dont care about ur fuckin orders and didnt read them
22.11.2008 - 16:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Guest on 22.11.2008 at 16:30

I really dont care about ur fuckin orders and didnt read them

Alright. Bye bye then! Have a good two weeks.
----

22.11.2008 - 17:32
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Oh, what an event happened while I was improving my French . By the way, Lucas, man, I am flattered
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

22.11.2008 - 19:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Do not fuck with Lucas when he is hung over.

mulling this poll over, probably will listen to both albums back to back before making my final answer.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.11.2008 - 08:28
laid2rest
Account deleted
Hmmm... Tough choice.

They're indeed both classic thrash records, but which one is better? Overall, I'd say Rust in Piece. Mainly because when I listen to pretty much any Metallica album, I just can't help but having somewhat of a sheepish feeling. You know, just because it's Metallica. Not that they're bad at all, but you just can't help but feel somewhat poser by listening to them. To me, Rust In Piece is a more interesting album that Master of Puppets. And the Leads are one of the things that sway me towards Megadeths side. Anyways, both superb albums, but Rust In Piece is better.
25.11.2008 - 14:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I've overplayed RIP so I would have to go with Master of Puppets, although they are both great albums, MOP does it for me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
25.11.2008 - 14:50
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Oh, this isn't a easy choice... They're both classic and great albuns but I have to choose MOP, it was one of the albuns that made me to listen to metal, it marked me!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
27.11.2008 - 00:18
Luciferion
Voted for Master of Puppets, both are great studio albums, however i find myself hitting MoP up alot more then RiP
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
27.11.2008 - 00:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Both are awesome, but "Master of Puppets" is in my category of "albums to die for". I don't know what person I would be today without it. Without Puppetz I would probably have a totally different taste in Metal, maye so different so I would attend the Slipknot/Trivium tour.
----
07.04.2009 - 09:34
Cliff 'em all
Account deleted
The absolute Metallica masterpiece vs. the absolute Megadeth-masterpiece, difficult to say which one is 'better'. I think both are legendary and both absolute class. There's just nothing that dips on both records in my opinion. But my personal favorite still is MOP. That's why i'm gonna vote MOP but i think both albums are awesome
20.04.2009 - 05:59
ToMegaTherion
My vote is for RIP. But is is a hard vote to give. lets look at tracks on each album
RIP
Holy Wars vs Battery - Holy Wars without doubt
Hanger 18 vs Master of Puppets - MOP without doubt
Take No Prisoners vs The Thing That Should Not Be - Take No Prisoners hands down
Five Magics vs Welcome Home - Draw too hard to pick
Poison Was The Cure vs Disposable Heros - Disposable Heros in a line decision
Lucretia vs Leper Massiah - Leper Massiah
Tornado of Souls vs Orion - Tornado wins in a close contest
Dawn Patrol/Rust in Peace vs Damage Inc. - Rust in Peace is an easy choice.
4 for Rust in Peace
3 for MOP
1 drawn

Rust in Peace for me
11.05.2009 - 05:42
soadbyob
Account deleted
I like megadeth more than metallica, but MOP completly lays RIP to rest.
11.05.2009 - 18:53
symbolic727
I just feel that RIP is Better i enjoy it much more and i have always prefered the sound of Megadeth over Metallica.