Metal Storm logo
Master Of Puppets vs Rust In Peace

Original post

Posted by K✞ulu, 13.09.2008 - 23:40
Well, here is the deal. Master Of Puppets has always been my no. 1 all-time album, but after I had discovered Rust In Peace something changed. Especially now I find myself hopelessly hooked to this album. It's just amazing.

Well, both albums are classics and maybe even flawless masterpieces. One has an ingenious "Master Of Puppets," the other a decent match of "Holy Wars." One has a classic of an instrumental, the other has the number, quality, and beauty of solos that one other album I have ever heard has. Well, there is kind of a tie situation here, but... right now I feel like voting for Rust In Peace; I do think it's better, and so be it. My vote goes to Rust In Peace.

This is a pretty light poll, so no massive discussions are needed as this is a rather subjective matter. If you have something to say though, please do, e.g. favorite moments, solos, lyrics, riffs or maybe drawbacks if you find any... I just want to see who will win in such a battle.

But please, I freaking beg you on my knees, don't post anything like "Megadeth rules" or "Metallica suxx." And don't vote for a particular album just because one of these bands is your favorite.

Poll

Which one is better? (be objective)

Rust In Peace
Master Of Puppets

Total votes: 415
21.10.2010 - 18:06
Coolingsrock
Rust in peace all the way
22.10.2010 - 00:14
MetalFist
Account deleted
I think Master of Puppets is better, because its just got more memorable tracks, great writing, awesome riffs, amazing solo's etc. Its MoP all the way.
30.10.2010 - 16:23
MetalFists
Their both great, but Master of Puppets is perfection. and dave mustaine is a crap singer
09.11.2010 - 00:57
.Nemesis.
Ride the Lightning
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
09.11.2010 - 06:40
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by .Nemesis. on 09.11.2010 at 00:57

Ride the Lightning

The topic explicitly mentions and the poll focuses on Master Of Puppets and Rust In Peace.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
09.11.2010 - 08:50
Immortal SEP
Account deleted
Here isn't what solve, four - square "Master Of Puppets". MEGADETH me will never much didn't take.
09.11.2010 - 16:03
Holy Wars in Rust in Peace is The Best Thrash Metal Song I've Ever Heared in my Life
09.11.2010 - 22:50
.Nemesis.
Written by vezzy on 09.11.2010 at 06:40

Written by .Nemesis. on 09.11.2010 at 00:57

Ride the Lightning

The topic explicitly mentions and the poll focuses on Master Of Puppets and Rust In Peace.

yes and RtL is better than both of them.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
20.11.2010 - 23:09
Incalus
Master! Master!
21.11.2010 - 07:05
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Posters:

* Always give detailed opinions, with explanations and as much as information as needed. If you're gonna answer the topic "Mayhem vs Marduk" with "MAYHEM!!!!!", you can count the days till you get banned. That's just spamming.
* When voting, tell us WHY you did it that way, try to establish comparisons between the bands opposed in the thread. You can compare their musicians, their albums, their live performances, and so on.

* Never reply to a topic if you don't know more than half of the information required about the bands mentioned in the topic.
* Reply to a thread only ONCE. If you have changed your mind, you can of course post again, but it's no use repeating the same thing in every page.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.11.2010 - 18:49
Master of puppets !! although rust in peace is an awsome record but master if bettar when it comes to riffs, solos, lyrics ! METALLICA 4 EVER
28.11.2010 - 23:15
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by oath to vanquish on 28.11.2010 at 18:49

Master of puppets !! although rust in peace is an awsome record but master if bettar when it comes to riffs, solos, lyrics ! METALLICA 4 EVER

This is great: a guy with a name "megadeth," Slayer's logo on the avatar votes for Master of Puppets in this poll.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
30.11.2010 - 20:10
Thanx man ! i am a die hard metal fan all the way
25.03.2011 - 05:15
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Hmm... An overrated half thrash album containing one of the most boring "thrash" songs ever, that being Leper Messiah, or a technical speed/thrash masterwork with nothing but classics and two of metals best guitarists... I'm really torn on this one, but I think R.I.P may just be he better album...
29.03.2011 - 22:15
marouco
Thnxs Satan we have both albums!!!
26.04.2011 - 22:24
Ghostdancer
Two fucking classics... I love them both, but I have to go with Master of Puppets. The songwriting and guitarwork just seem better to me...and I just love how it sounds with the volume cranked up. And maybe it's a touch of nostalgia too...it was my first thrash album...I got it the week it was released.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
03.07.2011 - 01:29
Metal_4Ever
I voted for Master of Puppets I love those guys.
10.09.2011 - 05:27
coolsnoopy97
Rust in Peace, no contest. There's not a single song on there that's not awesome. Even Dawn Patrol rocks, with that bass riff. There's Tornado of Souls, with that incredible guitar solo, Take No Prisoners, my personal favorite with those riffs, the classic Holy Wars...The Punishment Due, the progressive and inventive Hangar 18...Everything about it is perfect.

Master of Puppets, on the other hand, is good, but horribly overrated. The title track is awesome and I like Battery too, but nothing else on that album stands out to me.

And Marty Friedman is a vastly superior guitarist in comparison to Kirk Hammett.
10.09.2011 - 07:38
king_matt
Kill 'Em All.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
10.09.2011 - 18:11
edgethrasherx
Rust in peace, better guitar work, better solos, better written songs, more memorable moments. Rust in peace is better on almost all fronts, even more diverse singing on the songs
----
"killing for religion. something i don't understand"-Dave Mustaine
11.09.2011 - 20:28
Mattybu
I voted Rust In Peace. Better riffs, more interesting lyrical content, played amazingly live, and has more classic songs for me, although Disposable Heroes is one of my favourite songs too, Rust in Peace has at least 4 songs I think are downright classic.

I don't think either of these are the respective bands best works, though.
13.09.2011 - 07:04
Garth Vader
I find it hard to look back now at both of those albums without subconsciously judging them by the work that followed. I really do like both Master and Rust but I like the path Megadeth has taken me down since then far more. But let's compare the two albums in question: RIP artwork wins over Master hands down, every song is a classic on RIP and most are on Master but not all. I like Mustaine's sarcasm better than Hetfield's anger. Guitar wars are won by Megadeth. The big question is which album brings me back after all these years?? Well, I have to dig deep to find Metallica these days, but Megadeth is just a mouse click away! Winner RIP.
----
Now I so clearly see how I have murdered me
14.09.2011 - 05:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Mattybu on 11.09.2011 at 20:28

I would agree with that... both Metallica and Megadeth's best albums, were the 2nd ones they put out. ("Ride The Lightning" and "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying") MOP and RIP are both amazing albums too, but those 2nd albums... there's just something magical about them. xD
14.09.2011 - 06:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I would say MOP is Metallica's best, if not most innovative (it's RTL part 2)... i don't think RIP is Megadave's best. Some cool riffs and songs, but lacks the balls and aggression found in Peace Sells. that is their best work.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.09.2011 - 01:44
Mattybu
Written by Angelic Storm on 14.09.2011 at 05:46

Written by Mattybu on 11.09.2011 at 20:28

I would agree with that... both Metallica and Megadeth's best albums, were the 2nd ones they put out. ("Ride The Lightning" and "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying") MOP and RIP are both amazing albums too, but those 2nd albums... there's just something magical about them. xD

Peace Sells is an album I can put on at any time anywhere and just listen to any amount of songs from it and just love it. Ride the Lightning has a great assortment of songs, but Kill 'Em All is my favourite Metallica record. First metal CD I ever owned and damn it's been played to hell and it's still great! That album will always be a classic for me, grew up on it.
15.09.2011 - 03:50
Master of Puppets, although a great album, is really overrated. Rust In Peace takes my vote, it's a bag of riffs.
18.09.2011 - 01:08
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Rust In Peace. It deserves all the praise, unlike Master which is quite overrated.
22.09.2011 - 21:14
Arona
Obey your master
----
Never forget a defeat, use it !
29.09.2011 - 13:28
Master of puppets is exceedingly overrated, and the best track on that cant touch the worse track on RIP, in my opinion.
29.09.2011 - 18:39
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by skeletorissatan on 29.09.2011 at 13:28

Master of puppets is exceedingly overrated, and the best track on that cant touch the worse track on RIP, in my opinion.

which would be what respectively?
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy