Metal Storm logo
Maurits Cornelis Escher (optical illusion)

27.06.2006 - 16:43
matos

Not a typical artist, but IMO a great man. He is mostly known for his optical illusions (like the one below) more of his works can be seen on the official site (http://www.mcescher.com/) in the gallery.
I wouldn't know much more about him... :
----
27.06.2006 - 17:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I like stuff like this. It seems so normal, yet so weird!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
08.08.2006 - 03:49
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Looks very weird

Just like Nervel I like this kind of stuff too
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
17.12.2006 - 16:55
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
I really admire Escher. He was a visionary. One of my favourite paintings is Relativity. You should check out the real life models of some of his works.. Damn, I had a link to a page where they showed you how to actually create such stuff, but I forgot where it was
I'll look for it though if you're interested...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
11.02.2007 - 11:38
iMPERiAL_iCE
Weeping Heart
Hey who took that picture of my house?? lolz
I believe he is a very talented artist and I seriously like his stuff and any other stuff with the same type of illusions.
----
The older I get.........The faster I was

Smurfilator -- back when Smurf Metal existed :'(
18.02.2007 - 20:13
GT
Coffee!!
These kind of illusions are great...like them a lot. A Danish guy called Storm P. did this kind of stuff also. Made some good ones. I will try to look some of them up and post them
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.02.2007 - 04:13
tulkas
el parcero
This guy is actually one of the very few artist I admire a lot. I really like his work, and like all the different stuff you can see. It's really cool
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
29.04.2007 - 19:48
Nihilo
Account deleted
Escher's works are magnific!
29.04.2007 - 21:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Ah yes, MC Escher, he was my favorite MC. Jokes aside, I love his art. The illusionary houses he has made are very nice, but I don't want to pay for a dimension I'm never going to use.
29.04.2007 - 22:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
I remember getting and MC Escher jigsaw puzzle for my birthday when I was like 8....I still havnt finished it it was pretty tough. I was thinking about getting a poster for my room but after looking at those pics for too long they give you headaches.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.10.2008 - 01:09
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LSD does this kinda thing to you, in a way.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.