Metal Storm logo
Defiance - Sign To Candlelight Records

Candlelight Records announced the signing of Oakland, California-based Defiance. The band, currently featuring vocalist Steev Esquivel (Skinlab), guitarist Jim Adams, bassist Mike Kaufmann and drummer Mark Hernandez (Vio-lence, Forbidden), has started early tracking of their new album at Triden Studios and Greendot Studios in East Bay. The currently untitled album is expected for a Spring 2009 release.

Formed in 1985, Defiance have recorded three albums all for Roadrunner Records - Product of Society (1989, produced by Jeff Waters (Annihilator)), Void Terra Firma (1990, produced by John Cuniberti (Joe Satriani)), and Beyond Recognition (1992, produced by Rob Beaton). In 1994 the members put Defiance on hiatus allowing them opportunity to work on outside projects. In 2005 after requests from fans and new vigor on the part of band members, Defiance reunited. In an interview with popular portal Metal-Temple.com Mike Kaufmann reveals, "We have received lots of messages from fans who have said they would love to hear some new Defiance. We always felt the band broke up too early so we plan to use this opportunity to pick up where we left off".

Defiance along with their fellow moshpit peers of the 80's (Testament, Exodus, Death Angel) contributed to the rise and immense popularity of thrash metal for over a decade. In recent years with the reformations of many of the classic bands, fans have been given opportunity to re-embrace the aggressive sound of the American-flavor of the genre.

Defiance plan to finish recording of their Candlelight debut by year's end. The band expect to announce touring plans in the early part of 2009.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Defiance
Posted: 17.09.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 14 users
17.09.2008 - 20:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
werry good thrash band, I lile old albums and hope new be also good, realy good news
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.09.2008 - 00:01
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
oakland! rep the BAYAYAYAY!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2630 | This month: 14