Metal Storm logo
Into Eternity - Guitarist To Sit Out N. American Tour

Official Century Media press release:

"Canadian extreme progressive metal quintet Into Eternity -- whose new album, "The Incurable Tragedy," debuted at 17 on the Billboard Heatseekers chart last week -- return to the road this weekend, when they kick off a string of dates alongside Iced Earth. However, the band's lead guitarist, Tim Roth, is unable to participate in the tour.

The group has issued the following statement to explain matters further: "All of us in the band, and especially Tim, have been looking forward to this tour with Iced Earth for months. Over the years, Iced Earth has been a huge influence on Into Eternity, as anyone who owns "Dead or Dreaming" [the group's second album, which features a picture of Tim wearing an Iced Earth t-shirt] knows.

Unfortunately, the events of the past two years have recently taken their toll on Tim. Emotionally, he's a rock, but there are some important legal, financial and family-related matters at home that he needs to take care of right now. However, he's given us his blessing to do the tour without him so we can honor our commitments to our fans (who won't get a refund if the support act cancels), and continue to promote an album that we all very much believe in.

Luckily, Sean Maier from our labelmates Blessed By A Broken Heart has agreed to fill in on super-short notice. From what we've seen and heard on his MySpace, Sean's an amazing shredder, and we can't thank him enough for stepping in. Meanwhile, Stu is going to do his best to handle all of Tim's vocal parts, as well as his own. The vocal harmonies won't be as rich, but Stu vows to do the best he can.

Please know and understand that Into Eternity's lineup is not changing, and that Tim will rejoin the group on tour as soon as humanly possible. Again, it's not that Tim doesn't want to do this tour; it's just that he can't right now. Over the last three years, Tim has led Into Eternity through 300+ shows with death metal bands, power metal bands, prog-metal bands, metalcore bands and everything in between. We'll miss him out there, but the show must go on.

Thanks again to all the fans around the world who picked up "The Incurable Tragedy." We weren't sure how people would respond to such an emotional roller coaster, but we couldn't be more grateful for our fans' continued support. We can't wait to see you all on tour."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Into Eternity
Posted: 22.09.2008 by ShadowCross

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 49 users
22.09.2008 - 17:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Into Eternity without Tim Roth, that sounds weird.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.09.2008 - 19:12
RiouxMax

I agree, all those places where you're used to hear vocal harmonies...It'll feel empty!
22.09.2008 - 19:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Get the hell out of here... first Leaves' Eyes cancels now Into Eternity is gonna be lame, I'm supposed to see them in two days, all these awesome fall concerts are turning to shit. But Tim is a nice guy and I know he cares about his fans so I'm sure he had no other choice and I wish him luck with his troubles.
22.09.2008 - 22:02
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Damn it. -.-
23.09.2008 - 02:26
Symmachus

That sucks that Tim Roth has to sit out for a portion of the tour. Hopefully he'll be involved in the tour soon.
23.09.2008 - 08:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wow, Into Eternity and Iced Earth on the same night... where's Joe(Arian Totalis)? he'd love this lmao
24.09.2008 - 03:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Valentin B on 23.09.2008 at 08:26

wow, Into Eternity and Iced Earth on the same night... where's Joe(Arian Totalis)? he'd love this lmao

Yeah dude, I do love the idea, and the fact the Tim Won't be with them sucks. But at least I'll get to see Mr. Barlow.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
24.09.2008 - 09:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Arian Totalis on 24.09.2008 at 03:46

Written by Valentin B on 23.09.2008 at 08:26

Yeah dude, I do love the idea, and the fact the Tim Won't be with them sucks. But at least I'll get to see Mr. Barlow.

well, i love Tim, but Barlow is absolutely perfect for their stuff imho.

EDIT oh shit lmao i thought you were talking about Tim Owens who left Iced Earth
25.09.2008 - 05:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
lol nope
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.

Hits total: 2874 | This month: 5