Metal Storm logo
Metallica

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 24.09.2008 - 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.
20.08.2021 - 21:05
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Redel on 20.08.2021 at 16:32

Great call!
I guess mine would be:
1. Battery
2. Master of puppets
3. For whom the bell tolls
4. Fade to black
5. One (or The Unforgiven)
6. Whiplash (or The four horsemen)
7. Welcome home (Sanitarium)
8. The call of Ktulu
9. Seek and destroy

I love Dyers Eve, but Seek and Destroy is also a great closing song! Thanks for replying
20.08.2021 - 21:41
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Written by F3ynman2000 on 20.08.2021 at 21:03

Three instrumentals?!
That's definitely a badass playlist, though. Hmm... maybe I'll have to add Creeping Death and Call of Ktulu. I was trying to hold myself back on the RTL songs, since I love them all!

At First I was thinking of adding the whole RTL album, but replacing Escape with Master Of Puppets, but that would of been over the top😁
21.08.2021 - 01:35
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by AndyMetalFreak on 20.08.2021 at 21:41

Written by F3ynman2000 on 20.08.2021 at 21:03

Three instrumentals?!
That's definitely a badass playlist, though. Hmm... maybe I'll have to add Creeping Death and Call of Ktulu. I was trying to hold myself back on the RTL songs, since I love them all!

At First I was thinking of adding the whole RTL album, but replacing Escape with Master Of Puppets, but that would of been over the top😁

would've been an awesome album, though! A contender for the best of all time!
21.08.2021 - 15:05
gavdann

Written by Redel on 20.08.2021 at 16:32

Great call!
I guess mine would be:
1. Battery
2. Master of puppets
3. For whom the bell tolls
4. Fade to black
5. One (or The Unforgiven)
6. Whiplash (or The four horsemen)
7. Welcome home (Sanitarium)
8. The call of Ktulu
9. Seek and destroy

I think that A side is nigh on perfection but having Whiplash & Sanitarium on the B side is a bit of a cheat.

With the rule that each track must follow it's true running order I'm going for:

A1/ Blackened (but Battery is just as perfect)
A2/ Master (no question)
A3/ Bells (no question)
A4/ Fade (but it makes me cry that One has to be omitted)
A5/ Whiplash (Fade or One are better closers for side A but Whiplash is my favourite thrasher)

B1/ Disposable (easily the best B side opener IMO)
B2/ Harvester (not much competition for the 2nd track as this is traditionally the weakest slot of Metallica's albums)
B3/ Creeping (edged out Seek & Destroy)
B4/ Orion (has always been my favourite instrumental)
B5/ Damage (no question)

That's an 11 out of 10 album if ever I saw one.
21.08.2021 - 15:09
JoHn Doe

^ I find it hilarious no one posted any songs post AJFA
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.08.2021 - 15:14
gavdann

Written by JoHn Doe on 21.08.2021 at 15:09

Someone mentioned The Unforgiven but it's not really surprising is it?
21.08.2021 - 15:17
JoHn Doe

Written by gavdann on 21.08.2021 at 15:14

Someone mentioned The Unforgiven but it's not really surprising is it?

I must have missed that.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
21.08.2021 - 23:11
Redel

Are you talking about the black album?
21.08.2021 - 23:33
Redel

Written by gavdann on 21.08.2021 at 15:05

I think that A side is nigh on perfection but having Whiplash & Sanitarium on the B side is a bit of a cheat.

Well, what I did was basically
1. Write down my 9 favourite Metallica songs
2. Put them in an order that I think would suit them and the resulting imaginary album best -- taking into consideration the song order of the actual albums.

I though didnt really care if step 1 returned a selection that would result in multiple (or no) solutions at step 2, so step 1 overruled step 2 for me -- that was my understanding of the idea in the first place.
21.08.2021 - 23:36
Redel

Written by Redel on 21.08.2021 at 23:11

...ah ok, you missed me mentioning The Unforgiven. Now I get it.
21.08.2021 - 23:44
JoHn Doe

Written by Redel on 21.08.2021 at 23:36

Written by Redel on 21.08.2021 at 23:11

...ah ok, you missed me mentioning The Unforgiven. Now I get it.

sorry about that.
----
21.08.2021 - 23:54
Redel

Written by JoHn Doe on 21.08.2021 at 23:44

sorry about that.

Also my bad because I stopped reading after your first comment, then replied, and only then continued reading your next comment.
27.08.2021 - 07:46
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by gavdann on 21.08.2021 at 15:05

With the rule that each track must follow it's true running order I'm going for:

A1/ Blackened (but Battery is just as perfect)
A2/ Master (no question)
A3/ Bells (no question)
A4/ Fade (but it makes me cry that One has to be omitted)
A5/ Whiplash (Fade or One are better closers for side A but Whiplash is my favourite thrasher)

B1/ Disposable (easily the best B side opener IMO)
B2/ Harvester (not much competition for the 2nd track as this is traditionally the weakest slot of Metallica's albums)
B3/ Creeping (edged out Seek & Destroy)
B4/ Orion (has always been my favourite instrumental)
B5/ Damage (no question)

That's an 11 out of 10 album if ever I saw one.

Very cool. I'd replace Damage with Dyers Eve and instead of Whiplash have Trapped Under Ice (one of my favorite thrashers ). It hurts not to have Call of Ktulu, but Orion is also good. Otherwise great tracklist - especially with Creeping, Harvester, Bells, Fade, and Blackened.
08.04.2022 - 09:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A Cliff Burton Museum will launch next month in the municipality of Ljungby in Sweden. The METALLICA bassist's life was tragically cut short in a tour bus crash on September 27, 1986 12 miles north of Ljungby. He was just 24.

In September 2006, a memorial stone dedicated to Burton at the Gyllene Rasten restaurant/bar in Dörarp (outside Ljungby) was unveiled. It was 20 years earlier that Cliff died just over the road from where Gyllene Rasten is located.

According to Guitar World, the museum will include pictures, albums, posters and tickets, along with interviews and photos from the first photographer at the crash site, Lennart Wennberg of the Swedish newspaper Expressen. There will also be a film of recollections from first responders at the crash scene as well as a stage that recreates METALLICA's last performance with Burton in Stockholm, with copies of the bass and drum kit he and drummer Lars Ulrich used, plus a poster with Burton's last autograph.

https://www.instagram.com/cliffburtonmuseum/

https://www.facebook.com/Cliff-Burton-Museum-Memorial-Stone-108421258207906/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.04.2022 - 09:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wow , interesting, sad its like 2000km south .... I would attend, but like I said way to long and expensive travel costs
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2022 - 09:26
King Metalhead

My personal favorite Metallica lineup:
James Hetfield: Vocals, Rhythm Guitar
Kirk Hammett: Lead Guitar
Cliff Burton: Bass
Lars Ulrich: Drums
09.02.2024 - 07:29
Rexorcist

I just came to a personal opinion that AJFA also outperforms Master of Puppets.

Lemme compare the grand four:
1. Kill 'Em All: Excellent, but less heavy and fleshed out. Great punkish speed metal sound, though.
2. Ride the Lightning: Perfect metallic production, beautifully goes between thrash, speed, heavy and prog in 45 minutes.
3. Master of Puppets. Signature sound is mastered, but the songs are a little more bloated when adding ten minutes to RtL's runtime.
4. And Justice for All: Extremely experimental but maintains the signature sound while diversifying even further while STILL adding ten minutes.

RtL > AJFL > MoP > KEA

But I'd also place Live Shit after RtL.
10.02.2024 - 01:36
bj_waters

I also think AJFA is better than MoP. I lose interest in MoP after the title track. There's a few good moments, but not much, really.
10.02.2024 - 09:18
JoHn Doe

Written by bj_waters on 10.02.2024 at 01:36

I also think AJFA is better than MoP. I lose interest in MoP after the title track. There's a few good moments, but not much, really.

Disposable Heroes , Welcome Home (Sanitarium) and Orion are superb.
----
11.02.2024 - 01:21
bj_waters

Disposable Heroes has a few decent riffs, Welcome Home is okay, but I cannot get into Orion at all. Which is weird because I love Call of Ctulu so much.