‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]
Users visited: 460  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+ on 24.09.2008 at 04:44
Once again, topic for Metallica.

Quote:

WRITTEN BY X-CALIBER:
Youve been the one making the same excuse over and over again. I know its not 84. But even for 08, I still think that DM isnt an amazing album. So, why do you like it so much?

Because it's strong, agressive, fast, the solos are back, and it has SOME ELEMENTS form the old stuff. I loved ...And Justice For All so there's not really a reason for me to hate Death Magnetic. I enjoy every Metallica album, some more than others,. but DM is deffinitely in teh ones I like the most.

I mean, you can't expect that they make the same stuff they did in 83, when they were like 20 years old, when it's 2008, and they're 45 years old. Maybe they're not so skilled, maybe the album is mediocre, but since I am no musician, I can't really judge. People who bashed how "mediocre" the album supposedly is, for like 4 pages in teh past topic whould go and listen to Dram Theater or Porcupine Tree or sth. Like that, you'll find no mediocre stuff there.

Page 19 of 19

Kirg

01.04.2014 at 21:47
First part of the song sounds like reinvention of Kill em All. Simple and energic. Second half of Kirk's solo is actually pretty juicy and speeding up the last part is quite refreshing . Though I still wish they went crazy and tried some more technical and impulsive stuff like they did almost 30 years ago.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]

Login or register to post here.