03. Rock On!
04. Blame It On The Little Big Man
05. Lonely
06. Back Together
07. Waiting For Tomorrow
08. Hungry Boy
09. Lullaby
10. Too Late

Normally when I hear a new band who attempts to enrich the glam metal scene, I start screaming ?nay, nay, a thousand times nay!" with blood pouring out of my ears. However, in Krackerjack's case I am willing to make an exception. In fact, I rather dig this album.

Now, when I hinted that Krackerjack may be just another Lovecraftian glam monster (Lovecraftian as in ?infinitely horrifying") I may have been exaggerating a bit. Actually, I may have been downright lying. Krackerjack attempts to melt the aforementioned sound with elements of mellowed-out heavy metal and classic rock, making ?Rock On!" a genuinely pure and enjoyable album, to say the least. I might even go as far as to say that this is the coolest rock album I've heard in a while. Surely Krackerjack have the entire attitude nailed down pretty well - the somewhat eyebrow-raising lyrics of the title track - ?I don't know when, I don't know why, rock'n'roll will never die" - seem to, in heart and word at least, pick up where Neil Young left off. The following track however, has a slight odor of Ozzy to it. To be truthful, the entire album is littered with strangely familiar, yet discreet musical tributes to all the greats of the past. It's all pure, undiluted fun. However, bearing in mind my bias, I must admit that occasionally Krackerjack drift a little too far on the mellow side without really going anywhere.

Still, people that enjoy the kind of a mild, earpussy strokin', solo riddled and keyboard backed classic sound will surely enjoy ?Rock On!". It is, one might say, the compilation of the classic rock songs of the past that were never really written.

Written by destroyah | 24.09.2008

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 79 users
26.09.2008 - 00:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
haahahahahahahhahaah, i couldn't help but remember these 2 Manowar lines:

True metal people wanna rock not pose
Wearin' jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes
27.09.2008 - 02:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck