Metal Storm logo
Stolen songs (NOT covers)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 28.06.2006 - 14:02
hey.post here the songs(metal or not)which have stolen riffs,keyboards,vocals,etc. from another band without mentioning them in their booklet...
i'll start:Limp Bizkit-behind blue eyes=same as intro of angels fall first(nightwish)
madonna-hung up=abba-gimme gimme gimme(same stupid rhythm)
children of bodom-hatebreeder=nightwish-nemo("nemo sailing home...")
of course i don't know if any one of these have the original song listed in the booklet,so i'm not quite sure...
but anyway a lot of people say that nu metal bands like linkin park and others copy all sorts of riffs and stuff from pantera and sepultura,so fire away and please no posts such as "OMFG THOSE X BAND IDIOTS COPIED THOSE UNBELIEVABLY COOL AND TALENTED GUYS FROM Y BAND'S RIFFS,VOCALS,ETC. IN Z ALBUM WHICH WENT MULTI-PLATINUM!!!WTF HOW CAN SOMEONE IN THEIR FULL CONTROL OF THE BRAIN DO THIS??!?!!?THOSE CHEAP POSER BASTARDS IMITATORS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"
14.08.2006 - 17:32
Beer Fairy
I'm not very sure but what do yo uthink about Scorpions' "White dove", that looks like Omega's "The girl with the pearl's hair"
14.08.2006 - 17:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Slayer - The Final Command: Not stolen exactly, but the song sound so much Genghis Khan (Iron Maiden) so it's almost embarrasing.

Slayer - Crionics: Also not exactly stolen but just like The Final Command this song is almost embarrasing cuz it sounds like iron Maiden's Transylvania and the chorus sounds like Maiden's Phantom of the Opera.
----
27.08.2006 - 02:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The new Trivium song = Skin 'O My Teeth by Megadeth.
27.08.2006 - 03:04
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 27.08.2006 at 02:54

When I saw that you had posted in this thread, I knew that was what you were going to say.
27.08.2006 - 03:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lol yeah. I posted it in 2 threads cuz I'm hoping someone else will agree.
27.08.2006 - 03:39
Stigmatized
Well, I refuse to listen to it by choice, so....
27.08.2006 - 03:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

Like I said, my co-worker played it...I promise!
27.08.2006 - 03:59
Stigmatized
Yeah....sure.
27.08.2006 - 12:07
Anathemani@c
From Scorpions When the smoke is going down.. This song is stolen from another song of Lynyrd Skynyrd-I cannot remember the title now...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
27.08.2006 - 19:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 27.08.2006 at 02:54

well,not equals,but kind of similar...
all in all i agree,it sounds deth-ish and the riff at the beginning is 80% the same with the skin o my teeth
28.08.2006 - 11:01
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
I dont want to doubt the integrity Edenbridge songwriter Lanvall, He is one of my absolute favorite musicians... But i do see a striking similarity between Red Ball in Blue Sky amd The Phantom of the Opera. It different and unique in its own right (Red Ball...) but still makes me wonder.

Also the Metallica, Nothing Else Matters riff sounds loosely like Black Sabbath's Fluff.
31.08.2006 - 16:47
Von
Account deleted
The verse guitar melody on the song Last Resort by Papa Roach sounds almost just like Ghengis Khan by Iron Maiden.

Also, the verse to Roots Bloody Roots by Sepultura sounds strangely similar to I'm Too Sexy by Right Said Fred. Coincidence? I think not!!
31.08.2006 - 18:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 31.08.2006 at 16:47

The verse guitar melody on the song Last Resort by Papa Roach sounds almost just like Ghengis Khan by Iron Maiden.

I wouldn't know for sure if it sounds like Ghengis Khan but it sure as hell does sound like Iron Maiden.
That is NO coincidence because, like Papa Roach said at the time Last Resort became a hit, it is meant as a tribute to Iron Maiden.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.08.2006 - 18:24
ironman2002
The openings of Maiden's "Wicker Man" and "Running Wild" by Priest are almost the same. No, they are the same. Dot. Don't wanna think that Maiden copied the part of Priest classic for the first album with Bruce after his departion, but... I don't know. Let's discuss.
07.09.2006 - 02:16
Deus Ex Machina
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow-"Aurora Borealis"/Sonata Arctica-"Sing in silence"

Definite similarity in the beginning.
22.09.2006 - 17:29
Silent Creeper
Senile Veteran
I won't talk about stealing, because I think that you really can't say that professional bands steal songs - it is just similarity. I know for very funny example, which I am quite suprise that no one wrote down about - listen beggings of songs 2 Minutes To Midnight from Iron Maiden and of Grave Digger's song Heavy Metal Breakdown - it is actually the same. We really can't say that stealing is involved here because both songs were released in 1984, almost in the same month. It is really funny, I recomend you to listen this and you'll see.
23.09.2006 - 21:09
Dali
Account deleted
Don't know if this has been said already. The guitar riff in the song "Godlike" by KMFDM is a complete rip off of Slayer's "Angel Of Death".

I found an article written by a KMFDM fan online who interviewed one of the band members. She even admits it's a total rip off:

"It is played by our guitarist. I don't even know what it's from, I just heard it and the guitarist started playing it, and then.... Y'know there are only this and that many guitar riffs anyway. I don't care if people say 'Well this is a rip-off' or something."

Yeah the song completely blows, I don't understand these people. Why rip something off just to make a shitty version of a song that's good as is.

25.09.2006 - 01:21
Daru Jericho
The beginning of Blind Guardian's 'Another Stranger Me' guitar sounds like Hammerfall's 'Riders Of The Storm'.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

14.12.2006 - 11:23
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Metallica's unforgiven-2 and Iron Maiden's Children of the damned have a similar part.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
14.12.2006 - 11:30
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Metallica's unforgiven-2 and Iron Maiden's Children of the damned have a similar part.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
14.12.2006 - 15:16
Sunioj
COB - Lake bodom ( I think thats the song ) the solo is ripped right off note by note from the theme track from "The Rock" with Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery, as well as the begginning to "touch by angel of death" on the live album...
14.12.2006 - 16:58
FOOCK Nam
1184 of Windir and Transcendental Requiem of Slaves of Satyricon are similar of riff which are at the begining of those song, though I dont know who stole who, maybe the band lately that would be Windir
14.12.2006 - 17:06
Talvi
Just look at Metallica... a lot of stolen songs ^^
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
14.12.2006 - 17:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Talvi on 14.12.2006 at 17:06

such as?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.12.2006 - 12:23
Talvi
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2006 at 17:22

such as?

The Four Horseman from Mechanix of Megadeth
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
15.12.2006 - 15:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Talvi on 15.12.2006 at 12:23

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2006 at 17:22

such as?

The Four Horseman from Mechanix of Megadeth

Not stolen... The Four Horsemen was first called Mechanix on Metalica's demos and later on rewritten to The Foru Horsemn. The Metallica version of Mechanix is almost exactly the same as Mechanix version Megadeth which is of course not strange at all since Mechanix was co-written by Dave Mustaine. And when Mustaine left Metallica they rewrote Mechanix into what has become The Four Horsemen. So...
No, not stolen.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.12.2006 - 15:21
Devolution
Written by Anathemani@c on 27.08.2006 at 12:07

From Scorpions When the smoke is going down.. This song is stolen from another song of Lynyrd Skynyrd-I cannot remember the title now...

This one i can't believe ........ I don't think so ....

come on guyz it can't be stealing anyway.... why would a band do this thing?Think about it .... they will disturbe thier image.
----
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
20.12.2006 - 15:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by ironman2002 on 31.08.2006 at 18:24

The openings of Maiden's "Wicker Man" and "Running Wild" by Priest are almost the same. No, they are the same. Dot. Don't wanna think that Maiden copied the part of Priest classic for the first album with Bruce after his departion, but... I don't know. Let's discuss.

they are similar, but the intro to judas priest is slightly slower, and there are a few notes which sound different.
25.12.2006 - 14:17
Hyvaarin
Written by Sunioj on 14.12.2006 at 15:16

COB - Lake bodom ( I think thats the song ) the solo is ripped right off note by note from the theme track from "The Rock" with Nicolas Cage and Sean Connery, as well as the begginning to "touch by angel of death" on the live album...

The theme from 'The Rock' was used as the 'Touch Like...' intro on Tokyo Warhearts, but it has nothing to do with 'Lake Bodom'.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
25.12.2006 - 15:05
Sunioj
Ok, its not really the theme song, damnit you are right its not lake bodom but theres one song that has a solo that is taken from a track in the rock, its either from the breach of alcatraz or during the car chase. let you know when I find that goddamn song.