Metal Storm logo
Skyforger - Enter The Studio, Changes In Line-up

The following news was posted at the Skyforger official website:

"We are pleased to announce that after a longer hiatus, Skyforger is finally back in studio to record follow-up to the last full length "Thunderforge", which came out back in 2003. This is the first time band has decided to abandon "Phoenix" studio where all previous albums were shaped and now will try out different surroundings. A recording takes place in calm environments of personal studio "Lauska" of band's own member Kaspars Barbals who's supervising all the processes. As usually Skyforger will be producing the album themselves; there are planned ten brand-new compositions in total, but no album name or song titles are known by this stage. Two weeks ago drummer Mazais nailed down all drum parts and in next week bass player Zirgs will complete his bass lines."

Band members say: "This is five years since the last album and definitely there blows some fresh wind in terms of creation of the new song structures & coming up with new ideas. In few words the new album could be described as a good mix of heavy metal and thrash metal, spicing it all up with a certain dose of Latvian folk music. But not to worry, fans will still recognize the usual quality and sound of the songs they have come to know and expect from Skyforger."

Regarding the lineup changes the band posted the following:

"At this point we also would like to refer to the changes that have occurred in Skyforger. A few weeks ago band parted ways with guitarist Rihards and this time seems that is forever. Sadly enough during these two years after his return, we could not come to similar views on some important matters for the band. But nothing has changed, the rest of band members are busy at studio and in meanwhile looks for suitable replacement."

Source: skyforger.lv
Band profile: Skyforger
Posted: 26.09.2008 by Knightrider

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 30 users
26.09.2008 - 19:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
man you stoll my news just kidding, but why Richard left band I cant fidn real reasons
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2008 - 20:46
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2008 at 19:46

man you stoll my news just kidding, but why Richard left band I cant fidn real reasons

The last section says:
Quote:
Sadly enough during these two years after his return, we could not come to similar views on some important matters for the band.

so I guess it's the usual "musical differences"
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.09.2008 - 20:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 26.09.2008 at 20:46

Written by Bad English on 26.09.2008 at 19:46

The last section says:
Quote:
Sadly enough during these two years after his return, we could not come to similar views on some important matters for the band.

so I guess it's the usual "musical differences"

I know, but there's brobobly deeper reason why
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2008 - 20:49
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2008 at 20:47

I know, but there's brobobly deeper reason why

Yeah sure, but no one ever publish those...it's easier to just call it differences
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.09.2008 - 23:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
worst press release ever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
27.09.2008 - 00:35
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
great news. it sucks he left, but its for the best.
----
Coldgrits
28.09.2008 - 04:12
worm_is_gloaming

Sad news about the lineup change. Good news about the album.

I'm surprised to see Skyforger featured here on Metalstorm though, and not Perunwit or Gromowladny for instance, seeing that their views are more of less "right"(wing).

Hits total: 2706 | This month: 1