Metal Storm logo
Saxon - New Album Title, Track List & Single Artwork Revealed

British metal legends Saxon have posted the following update on their official site:

''All Saxon fans have a lot of things to look forward to in the coming months: to start off with, the British metal legend will release their new download single 'Live To Rock', followed by the arrival at the stores of their current studio album Into The Labyrinth, as well as major tours to support both releases. So a hot autumn is about to start in a few days' time!

Saxon's new single 'Live To Rock' (artwork: click) will be available as an internet download from 17 October 2008, and Saxon will present their new track live for the first time during the tour which will take Biff Byford & Co., alongside Motörhead and Danko Jones, through England and Germany in November/December 2008. Their new studio album, ''Into The Labyrinth'', will be out on 12 January 2009 (Germany: 9 January 2009, US: 13 January 2009). February 2009 will see the band embark on another major world tour, only one month after the album release.

''Into The Labyrinth'' was recorded at the Twilight Hall in Krefeld, Germany, under the direction of Charlie Bauerfeind. Saxon recorded 13 new songs at Blind Guardian's studio, starting with their monumental opener, 'Battalions Of Steel', through 'Demon Sweeny Todd' and 'Valley Of The Kings', which both cover historic events, to the final slide guitar blues track, 'Coming Home' (fans are already familiar with the electric version of this track from Saxon's Killing Ground album). Saxon are currently still working on an additional 14th track, which will be available exclusively as a download on iTunes from the release date. "The new material was written in England and at my house in France," Byford explains. "Stylistically, I would describe the album as an even balance between Lionheart and The Inner Sanctum, a mix of powerful, in-your-face rock songs and pure heavy metal tracks. We're very happy with the production and proud of Into The Labyrinth."

"Into The Labyrinth" track listing:
01. Battalions Of Steel
02. Live To Rock
03. Demon Sweeney Todd
04. The Letter
05. Valley Of The Kings
06. Slow Lane Blues
07. Crime Of Passion
08. Premonition in D Minor
09. Voice
10. Protect Yourselves
11. Hellcat
12. Come Rock Of Ages (The Circle Is Complete)
13. Coming Home (Bottleneck Version)

Source: saxon747.com
Band profile: Saxon
Posted: 26.09.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 82 users
26.09.2008 - 20:10
Baz Anderson

Interesting! Look forward to hearing it!
26.09.2008 - 20:47
GT
Coffee!!
Doesn't sound too bad
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
26.09.2008 - 21:35
Charly546

Definitely looking forward to that one. Which is a quite rare thing actually, because there aren't many new albums to look forward to.
26.09.2008 - 23:38
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
the cover looks sick. saxon fuckin rules.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.09.2008 - 23:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ehy the cover is great. There are hopes for the album aswell.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.09.2008 - 01:52
Toast
Account deleted
Can't wait, these guys are as good as heavy metal gets.
27.09.2008 - 12:32
Abattoir

Yea, will see what will came out of this...
28.09.2008 - 10:36
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good news! I'm looking forward to listen to it too.
21.10.2008 - 01:30
THRASHTILDEATH

I want this cd but it is so dam hard to find is were i live

Hits total: 5532 | This month: 4