Metal Storm logo
Specify genre/country for CDs not on MS?

27.09.2008 - 04:05
Osric

Hello. As many people probably have, i have added some albums to my collection that are by bands that are not featured here on Metal Storm. It looks like there isn't a way to specify the genre and country of these albums so they effect the styles and countries pie charts in your collection page. So i am wondering if it would ever be possible for that feature to be added?
27.09.2008 - 13:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
You can do it in ''Additional info''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.09.2008 - 16:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bad English on 27.09.2008 at 13:01

You can do it in ''Additional info''

Yeah, but it still will not be included in the stats. I think it's a good idea, adds a little more detail though it is more of a fun fact than a necessity. But still a good idea.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.09.2008 - 01:28
Hamird
Lieutenant
Yeah, I also wanted to say this as a suggestion.. It makes the country and genre percentage and graph, but as Nervel said it's not a necessary feature..
28.09.2008 - 03:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I suggested this a while ago, but don't remember the response. I bet Ivan could just add a drop down box and have the user click on the country.
02.10.2008 - 04:11
iaberis
Advice Troll
i want this thing too!
----
Bitch! Please
02.10.2008 - 04:45
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I'm gonna list all my New Age albums as Black Metal albums, that way I'll look uber Krieg!!!
09.11.2008 - 13:34
Hamird
Lieutenant
Adding genre maybe confuse the archives, But adding country is all right.
10.11.2008 - 02:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hamird on 09.11.2008 at 13:34

Adding genre maybe confuse the archives, But adding country is all right.

Yeah the genre would be a little touchy, especially since I've got a small handful of country albums in my collection, and I don't want people to know I listen to country...woops. Having a write-in genre box might not be compatable with the nice little pie charts, and having a drop-down box as pyroleperchaun said would probably be the best idea, but it would be a lot of work adding in some of the non-metal genres...or having an "other" category might work.

And secondly, as someone posted above someone could just make all their albums Black Metal to look cool....though I doubt it really matters anyways.

But as for country I'd say that would be a fantastic idea with no real problems that I can see.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.11.2008 - 11:29
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Dangerboner on 28.09.2008 at 03:16

I suggested this a while ago, but don't remember the response. I bet Ivan could just add a drop down box and have the user click on the country.

It's a little bit more complicated than that...