Metal Storm logo
Why Do You Play Music?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 28.09.2008 - 11:44
simple question, what compels you to play music? for me, i love playing my favorite band's songs and since i'm an egomaniac, i like to show off too. and playing music is the one thing that can always be improved upon.

i leave the rest to ya'll...
28.03.2009 - 22:41
ANGEL REAPER
First i started to play music becouse i liked some bands music......
Than i continued becouse it make me relax.......
Now i play couse its my way to response on dark life around me......
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
30.03.2009 - 23:23
Smurfophagist
At first I liked playing songs by my favorite artists. Then I got a band, and we covered a shitload of songs. We had a few gigs, one of them was really big since we opened for the most popular rock band in the country. Then it all became boring to me and I left the band, and started composing my own songs.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
29.04.2009 - 21:56
GULCH OF ROT
For me its just a general love of music that lead to me joining forces with a real good friend of mine from high school. He was just looking for a side project to his punk band so we started a metal band. Over time it became a release and a addiction now all i think about is getting the best song we can make and capture it the best we can.

so my final answer is an escape from my every day life and drive to capture the best sound i can
----
AND ON THE 7TH DAY THE GULCH BEGAN TO ROT

http://www.myspace.com/gulchofrot
14.06.2009 - 16:59
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Playing music is a great way to express yourself. Your emotions. It is something creative (even if you cover) and something that is really hard to get bored with. I don't really believe that any musician who likes being a musician would stop doing that excpet he needed for other reasons...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
26.06.2009 - 17:23
Throne Dweller
I play and write music because it's making more of a contribution than wasting my life on a mindless MMORPG or social networking websites.
Writing it lets me express my outlook, and playing lets me release.
02.07.2009 - 00:03
Warlock84
I play because all of my life I've loved music and art. I couldn't imagine doing anything else with my life and being happy. I play not only to create something for others and myself to enjoy, but to really relax and relieve stress. There's nothing better than coming home after a long day at work and just sitting down with a few beers and playing for a couple of hours.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
13.07.2009 - 10:40
astrozombie
I play just because i enjoy it for some reason and now that ive formed a band i like it even more ive always liked jsut playing by myself though to its better than sports and more free than other traditional hobbies people seam to dig on so yeah haha.
20.07.2009 - 20:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Well to be honest I started playing because I wanted to feel something different. All the musicians I saw kinda felt great when they were doing it. And I wanted to be able to have the power to write a song, write music. Fortunately I've been able to write songs and it's the best feeling in the world when you write something good.

I really can't explain how I feel when I play, especially when it's a very sentimental piece or solo but it makes me feel like I'm in another space. I guess it must be similar to pot or something lol
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
22.07.2009 - 00:42
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I play because it chills me out and is sometimes pretty good exercise. I also hope one day I may find some people to start a band again.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
08.08.2009 - 04:35
BuzzPhil
Why did I start to play?? I'm gonna say like Tony Kakko. ...and why did you start to breathe??
15.08.2009 - 00:57
Urizen367
Hookers and blow

but half-seriously. i'd really like to do something interesting. and give back to the music cause (lame) it did help me out a whole lot through the years (end lame)
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
21.08.2009 - 23:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Urizen367 on 15.08.2009 at 00:57

Hookers and blow

but half-seriously. i'd really like to do something interesting. and give back to the music cause (lame) it did help me out a whole lot through the years (end lame)

hey, hookers and blow motivate people to do horrible, HORRIBLE things to people and nonpeople. good to see music is the end result of said hookers/blow, positivity is nice hahaha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.08.2009 - 01:36
Urizen367
Written by LeChron James on 21.08.2009 at 23:44

Written by Urizen367 on 15.08.2009 at 00:57

Hookers and blow

hey, hookers and blow motivate people to do horrible, HORRIBLE things to people and nonpeople. good to see music is the end result of said hookers/blow, positivity is nice hahaha

i'm not sure how music is the positive outcome. cause my music is about hookers and blow. ok not really, but it is about space aliens, drinking, and junk food.
----
23.08.2009 - 02:07
Vent
Makes it 'ok' to be drunk before noon.
24.08.2009 - 07:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Urizen367 on 23.08.2009 at 01:36

i'm not sure how music is the positive outcome. cause my music is about hookers and blow. ok not really, but it is about space aliens, drinking, and junk food.

i see nothing negative about those things.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.08.2009 - 03:28
Urizen367
Written by LeChron James on 24.08.2009 at 07:57

Written by Urizen367 on 23.08.2009 at 01:36

i see nothing negative about those things.

oh ok. well awesome then!
----
31.08.2009 - 03:18
Mechanixxxx
What compels me to play music?
Well music has a huge place in my life, I love playing music because to me its like an adrenaline rush and every time I do it I feel great. Especially when I'm writing stuff, is that feeling of creating something and knowing that it belongs to you that makes it so awesome.
11.11.2009 - 21:26
MetalSpider
Im not very good at it but I enjoy playing music. Its simply fun, takes my mind off other things. I don't know what I'd do without music.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
12.11.2009 - 15:57
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Because I love it, is the easy answer to that. I loved listening to metal, but that wasn't enough for me. I used to daydream about being in a band and stuff, and from there the next step was to get a guitar. I always feel a great sense of achievement as well when I learn a new song, play a good solo, or make a kewl riff. I've never really been good at much else, so it's also a very positive thing for myself. It's just something I have a passion for
15.11.2009 - 07:31
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I suppose the simplest answer for me would be..It was a childhood obsession? It's something I would feel incomplete without.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
26.11.2009 - 05:27
whatsacow
Because music is life. I honest to god couldn't live without my guitar. It gets your emotions off your chest. And i would like to hopefully contribute to creating omething new in the world of metal, although it would more than likely come off as either prog or avant garde.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
28.11.2009 - 02:15
Archetype
I play because I enjoy it. It makes me feel good and it fulfills me. It's also another creative outlet for me as I also like to write.

Oh and did I mention that it's a lot of fun!?
29.11.2009 - 11:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Archetype on 28.11.2009 at 02:15

I play because I enjoy it. It makes me feel good and it fulfills me. It's also another creative outlet for me as I also like to write.

Oh and did I mention that it's a lot of fun!?

playing Opeth is never fun, it's all about emotions, atmosphere and total artistic expression
07.02.2010 - 10:22
I have always loved to sing. I have written poetry since I could put sentences together. I trained my voice with years of lessons because it is something I love to use. I want to write and sing music to connect with people. The human experience isn't solitary. People from all around the world feel the same things we have felt individually at different times in their lives. I want to pull on people's heart strings with my voice.