Metal Storm logo
Silent Hill

Original post

Posted by Ernis, 28.06.2006 - 23:42
I saw the movie....I know about the game...haven't played it, but I adored the film....the story is simply so sad but very very teaching and true.....and the music and colorites are magnificent....
27.05.2009 - 21:31
Ernis
狼獾

These are better ones....
more on the following page...
http://marcus132.livejournal.com/101201.html
02.06.2009 - 21:21
Vunts
Written by Ernis on 27.05.2009 at 16:48

Silent Hill.....that is a game I will not allow my kids to play until they're at least 16 years old....or even 18....

Is there any special state of mind you have to be at when you play the games? I went through the first when I was like...12 or 14 at most, but I didn't get nightmares about it or anything. I'm not saying that the game isn't scary at all, but it's not a lasting feeling. When I think back to the games, I remember I had great fun with them and there were some spot that sent chills down my spine. But I don't feel scarred, I feel fulfilled in a way.
"IT" is a TV show or movie, I don't remember which, that has really emotionally damaged me. I watched it with my mommy when I was...again about 10 years old and I still get uncomfortable at some very basic places, like walking away from a dark bathroom door at night. Sometimes I even flip the darkness off and yell at it...

Went through Homecoming about a week ago, and I don't see why people are complaining. The monsters were nice, boss battles fun and there were scary points. Critics said bad things about Serums boosting your maximum health and Alex being too capable in battle. Well, here's a tip: don't use the serums and for the love of god, don't dodge. Simple to accomplish but even simpler to whine about.
Can't find an explanation to the endings though. They were all stupid for me.

Now I'm just missing SH 4 and Origins. I will probably be missing 4 for a long time. Just started Origins.
02.06.2009 - 22:02
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Vunts on 02.06.2009 at 21:21

Written by Ernis on 27.05.2009 at 16:48

Silent Hill.....that is a game I will not allow my kids to play until they're at least 16 years old....or even 18....

Is there any special state of mind you have to be at when you play the games? I went through the first when I was like...12 or 14 at most, but I didn't get nightmares about it or anything. I'm not saying that the game isn't scary at all, but it's not a lasting feeling. When I think back to the games, I remember I had great fun with them and there were some spot that sent chills down my spine. But I don't feel scarred, I feel fulfilled in a way.
"IT" is a TV show or movie, I don't remember which, that has really emotionally damaged me. I watched it with my mommy when I was...again about 10 years old and I still get uncomfortable at some very basic places, like walking away from a dark bathroom door at night. Sometimes I even flip the darkness off and yell at it...

Went through Homecoming about a week ago, and I don't see why people are complaining. The monsters were nice, boss battles fun and there were scary points. Critics said bad things about Serums boosting your maximum health and Alex being too capable in battle. Well, here's a tip: don't use the serums and for the love of god, don't dodge. Simple to accomplish but even simpler to whine about.
Can't find an explanation to the endings though. They were all stupid for me.

Now I'm just missing SH 4 and Origins. I will probably be missing 4 for a long time. Just started Origins.

What I meant is that my personal taste for games and films, art in general does not contain horror....I liked horror films and such when I was some years younger....now I don't feel that fascination...I prefer experiencing beautiful things more....

In fact, Silent Hill can be fun...but it needs particular mood...such as with Benny Hill music and the parody extra features of the game.....You say you were very much scared by "IT", well, it all depends on people and the moment and time they experience something.....

Now that I beat the game, it's no problem....by the way, that girl Heather looks a lot like Maarja Kivi when she still was in Vanilla Ninja.....with a machine-gun with endless bullets.....
25.03.2010 - 15:12
Alphafemale
Didn't play the game, but I liked the movie.
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
30.03.2010 - 03:07
whatsacow
The movie was a piece of crap! It didn't follow the game's story in anyway, shape or form, nor did it capture the whole trapped in a nightmare feeling. The games were genuinely scary, whereas the movie was laughable.
Highlight of the games for me would be number 2. It was just the most suspenseful, especially where your in the closet and pyramid head starts coming towards you. Number 3 was great, but wasn't long enough, and i think if they remade number 1 and 2 on next gen consoles with better graphics and fixed up some of the graphics, that would be tops.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
15.04.2010 - 05:46
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
The movie is not a masterpiece but it is one of those movies that are amongst my favorites. I mean, not everything that one likes is really a real donation towards humanity. I guess that this movie pumped me up a lot because it had those allusions to the videogames without sucking, because the movie is not bad. It is so different to what I felt with the RE movies which seemed like cosplayers carrying guns in a cheap storyline.

PEOPLE, a new Silent Hill game will come to the awesome and all-powerfull Playstation 3... and to the little box x.
----
Christless
14.05.2010 - 01:03
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by whatsacow on 30.03.2010 at 03:07

The movie was a piece of crap! It didn't follow the game's story in anyway, shape or form, nor did it capture the whole trapped in a nightmare feeling. The games were genuinely scary, whereas the movie was laughable.
Highlight of the games for me would be number 2. It was just the most suspenseful, especially where your in the closet and pyramid head starts coming towards you. Number 3 was great, but wasn't long enough, and i think if they remade number 1 and 2 on next gen consoles with better graphics and fixed up some of the graphics, that would be tops.

Well, In my opinion you can never transmit the feelings of a videogame to a movie. I think it's just impossible to make it that scary in a movie. About the story.. if you think about, none of the Silent Hill games followed the original story (except for the 3rd), so it would be predictable that they would do the same with the movie.
But all in all I think it was a good movie.. After all, where can you find game-based movies that are really good?.. All movies base on games are complete crap, but this one managed to be somewhat good.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.06.2010 - 02:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Actually the film followed the first game's story to quite a large extent: i.e. the basic premise being that the protagonist sets out to find her daughter. It deviated from that by about halfway through but most of the film was fanservice: Cybil, the monsters, street names, setting and story (school?), Pyramid Head (even if its context didn't make sense considering its meaning in SH2) and in particular the music: it was all taken directly from the games. It didn't work that well as a film due to the confusing story, poor writing and an almost entirely female cast (Sean Bean's character was forcefully introduced to counteract that) but as a fan service and a purely visual film it worked pretty well. It was a damn fine looking film.

For me personally I'd love to see a film version of SH2 done in a non-linear, Lynchian style (probably the game's biggest influence anyway) that doesn't waste time trying to appeal to a mainstream audience, one that really tries to capture the ambiguous qualities of the game concerning the mental breakdown of James as well as the associated symbolic meaning of the "monsters" and the other characters. It would be glorious. Probably the greatest video game story for me personally, (along with that of the maniax version of SMT: Nocturne and also Xenogears) especially after investigating the story's symbolism.
28.07.2010 - 05:17
whatsacow
Are the newer silent hill games worth playing? The last one I played was number 4, and i thought that was good, but apparently the newer ones arent that great.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
28.07.2010 - 18:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Ive never seen the movie, and the only game in the series Ive played is the original. Which freaked the hell out of me. lol
29.07.2010 - 22:04
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by whatsacow on 28.07.2010 at 05:17

Are the newer silent hill games worth playing? The last one I played was number 4, and i thought that was good, but apparently the newer ones arent that great.

I played Silent Hill Homecoming for PC and, apart from the bugs, it was pretty decent. The story and gameplay was different from other games, but it was still good. The gameplay made it easier and somewhat took some of the scary feelings away. I liked the story thought.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
06.10.2010 - 01:19
joaquin
Plz don't play silent hill shattered memories that one really let me down... the others they been really good
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn