02. Addicted
03. Ground Zero
04. The New Plague
05. In True Mental
06. Damage Brain
07. No One
08. Bad Steps
09. Inside Doubt

Damn it's been a long time that we didn't have any news about Insane. I remember that I wrote the review of their last album in 2003! I don't know why they have waited so many years to release their new album but when I listen to "Addicted" I have the feeling that this big break was not a mistake. Definitely the new release is a killer of modern Power Thrash, I hope really that you'll follow my words and advices to buy as soon as possible this new album. 2008 should be the year of Insane!!!

It's impossible to say that Insane plays Power Metal or Thrash Metal... No, they don't have anything in common with Dragonforce or Exodus. Their music is not epic with Power Metal melodies and choruses and not fast and angry like the one of the Bay Area thrashers. But a bit like Machine Head, the band plays a modern Metal violent like Thrash and powerful and melodic like fast Heavy Metal. Of course this is not classic Power or Heavy and definitely not classic Thrash but you have some ingredients of these two genres. Maybe that I could compare their music to the numerous Gothenburg Death Metal bands but here again, there is something else, something different. Really the music of Insane is unique, modern and hyper catchy. So how does it look finally? Well, the riffs are hyper aggressive, sometime fast or even a bit mid-tempo, but they're always melodic and never lack of rhythm. The melodies are catchy as hell and are made to headbang. The voice of David Feltin sounds a bit like the one of Robb Flynn, so if you add to this recipe some great thrashy riffs, I'm sure that you can understand now how it sounds and that some of you are already interested by the music of Insane. Good for them, they shouldn't be disappointed here?

"Addicted" can be melodic (like on "No One") or really loud and heavy ("The New Plague") but what I like the most is the little electronic sounds that we can hear everywhere (but try first "Ground Zero" if you really want to see what I mean). They give something more to the music of Insane, a real energy and a cool modern side to their music. Plus with its great production and the fact that all the songs are real potential hits, I really think that "Addicted" is one of the best albums coming from France of the year 2008. I like catchy Metal and this album is a synonym of this word, really "Addicted" is a killer release.

Why are you waiting for anymore? You're just in front of a great album and you're still at home surfing on the net and doing nothing else? Don't wait anymore and run (or click if you cannot move anymore?) to your record dealer, this album deserves to finish in your record collection. My friends if you want to listen to super Metal, "Addicted" is highly recommended; definitely this release is a great record.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 01.10.2008

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 21 users
04.10.2008 - 00:34
Thordelan

I only listened to the song "The New Plague" so far and I have to admit I didn't really like the voice at first but then got used to it and definitely enjoyed the song.

Hits total: 3985 | This month: 12