Metal Storm logo
Fav French BM band

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 28.06.2006 - 23:54
I picked famous and unfamous bands, although I can see that Mortifera and Celestia wont get any vote, cuz few of you heard them, and you don't even care. Well, that's not of my buisness, but pls argument your choice, or at least try . My vote goes to Epheles, the music I adore lately, just got all of their releases, and I can say, that this band deserves to be on the wall of fame.

POLL EDIT: becuase Clandestine Blaze is not from France, please imagine Hirilorn in the place of CB, and if you vote for them, this vote goes to Hirilorn. I never thought, a poll will be this complicated.

Poll

so?

Blut Aus Nord
Deathspell Omega
Mütiilation
Epheles
Clandestine Blaze
Mortifera
Crystallium
Belenos
Celestia

Total votes: 32
21.05.2007 - 21:37
Hamird
Lieutenant
Damnated my friend. in your list my fav band is not existed ... i love BENIGHTED brutal black metal
23.05.2007 - 07:57
Eternal Flames

My personal favourite black metal band from France would be Mystic Forest. They've got a rather unique and interesting sound. Quite melodic while slightly raw at times. And the contrast between the harsh male vocals and the beautiful female vocals is exceptional. The melodies are great and the keyboard/piano interludes are just outstanding. It really gives the music a beautiful feel.
23.05.2007 - 10:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Then you might like Eikenskaden, project from the same man.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.05.2007 - 23:16
Basso
Account deleted
Im afraid I will have to withdraw my previous vote on Deathspell Omega and add it to Sombre Chemin (though they aint here ). I had known of them for a long time but never really got into them. Damn I regret that, im really obsessed by their releases Doctrine and forward. Incredible stuff.
26.02.2008 - 14:30
NOИ

Mütiilation for the Black Millenium album, and offcourse his last one, Sorrow Galaxies. DSO are something special indeed but I love more Meyhnach's works.
26.02.2008 - 14:33
Sunioj

Voted Epheles, I like the other bands though Belenos I haven't heard. sombre Chemin and DSO were pretty close though.
27.02.2008 - 17:51
belisarius

i voted for deathspell omega, but my real favs are arkhon infaustus and anorexia nervosa
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
27.02.2008 - 18:04
Damnated
Churchburner
from the french scene atm my fav black metal band has to be Glorior Belli tbh. catchy evil black metal. just an amazing band. everybody should check them out. there's even a thread with them somewhere around this forum.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.02.2008 - 18:34
belisarius

i downloaded a song of glorior belli on myspace and i agree they're very good, i think i'm gonna buy their last album
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
28.02.2008 - 01:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Hamird on 21.05.2007 at 21:37

Damnated my friend. in your list my fav band is not existed ... i love BENIGHTED brutal black metal

lol...black metal?
28.02.2008 - 03:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dangerboner on 28.02.2008 at 01:32

lol...black metal?

Didn't you know? Hahahahaha

But if they are I am wondering what they are doing headlining Houten Deathfest in Houten, The Netherlands, in April playing wiht only brutal DEATH metal bands.

Benighted, although a great band it is in the burtal DEATH metal genre and being French they AREN'T black at all hahahhaa
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.02.2008 - 05:58
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
I would have went with Anorexia Nervosa or Artefact, but I think Deathspell Omega is my favorite French BM band. I prefer the more original stuff they do, especially Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice.
28.02.2008 - 06:57
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Asking to choose between DSO, Mutiilation, Blut Aus Nord and Mortifera is too much!

I can't answer that. What a great scene they have. Probably the best nowadays.
28.02.2008 - 10:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.02.2008 at 03:08

Written by Dangerboner on 28.02.2008 at 01:32

lol...black metal?

Didn't you know? Hahahahaha

But if they are I am wondering what they are doing headlining Houten Deathfest in Houten, The Netherlands, in April playing wiht only brutal DEATH metal bands.

Benighted, although a great band it is in the burtal DEATH metal genre and being French they AREN'T black at all hahahhaa

eh. but i think they are. their genre is mixture of brutal death metal and some black metal.
or maybe not. maybe i couldn't realized the genre... so just accept it as a FRENCH band.
28.02.2008 - 18:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Damnated on 27.02.2008 at 18:04

from the french scene atm my fav black metal band has to be Glorior Belli tbh. catchy evil black metal. just an amazing band. everybody should check them out. there's even a thread with them somewhere around this forum.

likewise, as Glorior Belli is my favorite FBM band, and are not listed, i opted not to vote.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.02.2008 - 18:45
Damnated
Churchburner
yeah, too bad i can't edit and reset the poll. i also miss Antaeus or Sombre Chermin..
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.