Germany, Schwerte - Devil's Revenge Festival

Headliners

Bands

Who was there?

Comments

Comments: 7   Visited by: 8 users
04.10.2008 - 15:18
TheBigRossowski

For the most part, I went to this show to experience Shining for the first time! I was not let down. However, we bought our tickets at the door and they costed 33 euro which was a bit fuckin' crazy! Samsas Traum wasn't for me, Setherial was okay live, but more of a recording type band, The Vision Bleak is BETTER live than on CD! Not really into the band as much either, but I enjoyed a few songs! They have a really good live presentation. Due to personal life events, we had missed the complete beginning half which I'm not too upset about. Mostly upset about the price!

SHINING! The only part you all care about (shit, including myself..). Kvarforth wanted a band and he got one, these guys really came together. Of course, Shining came on and about a thousand cameras came out, everyone expecting K. to kill himself or something. They really are something to see live! I was at the front, only one person in front of me (on the side of the lead guitarist), almost centered. The rest of the band just sticks to their guns and don't pay much attention to the audience, leaving Kvarforth as the center of attraction. You can't help but look at him, he kneels all the time and he always looks deep into the music. He would watch Frederik play the guitar with this look of obsession and nearing the end of short solos, laugh hysterically! With the cap on his head all the time, and his squinted eye, I'd say he looks very much like a pirate, seriously. No folks, he didn't cut himself, but he had about his whole left arm fucked up...and he would put his cigarettes out on his stomach. The man made a lot of twisted sounds and gestures just completely separating himself from the term "human". It was fuckin' brilliant, thats it.. Here is the setlist...

Shining
1. Åttiosextusenfyrahundra
2. Låt Oss Ta Allt Från Varandra
3. Ohm - Skoj Att Leva...apparently 2 new songs! I could have sworn he said it was a cover?
4. Yttligare Ett Steg Närmade Total Jävla Utfrysning
5. Claws of Perdition
6. Submit to Self-Destruction; "This one's for the ladies" (with his hand in his pants)
7. Vilseledda Barnasjälars Hemvist (New song) EDIT:I still believe he was kidding, but here is the song title as listed on another review!
8. Eradication of the Condition
9. Besvikelsens Dysta Monotoni
10. Neka Morgondagen

Want more? Try and see the band live, haha! And by the way, my avatar is a photo I took

EDIT: Totally forgot, but Kvarforth sang "Carpathia" with the Vision Bleak, it was interesting...
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
07.10.2008 - 15:09
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.10.2008 at 15:18

EDIT: Totally forgot, but Kvarforth sang "Carpathia" with the Vision Bleak, it was interesting...

That would have been the most interesting part of the festival for me. Even more so as I don't like TVB's post-Carpathia stuff. And you should be sorry about missing Totenmond, I'm sure you would've liked them.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
07.10.2008 - 15:37
TheBigRossowski

Written by Promonex on 07.10.2008 at 15:09

Written by TheBigRossowski on 04.10.2008 at 15:18

That would have been the most interesting part of the festival for me. Even more so as I don't like TVB's post-Carpathia stuff. And you should be sorry about missing Totenmond, I'm sure you would've liked them.

You wouldn't have liked to see Shining?! It was great man!

Totenmond-Not my fault

lol
----
07.10.2008 - 15:43
Promonex
Cathemeral
Of course I would like to see Shining some day, but only at a festival with enough other interesting acts - i.e. not this one. I'm not too much into Shining's music, so I wouldn't like to pay money for them as headliners. Why weren't you there when they played in the Aschaffenburg area anyway?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
09.10.2008 - 09:29
TheBigRossowski

ARRGHHH!! Thats what Frank said! He said they played there! I don't think I was here yet...I'm pretty sure I wasn't.

Now I have to find out though!! It was pretty shitty paying SO much for that show though.
----
09.10.2008 - 13:04
Promonex
Cathemeral
Well, if you've been around in January already, you definitely suck

Btw, did anything happen with Samsas Traum at that Devil's Revenge Festival? The organizer had them booked for two other festivals this year, but decided to take them from the bill after this one.
----
09.10.2008 - 14:57
TheBigRossowski

I arrived April 7th! Still would have been much better (AND CHEAPER) to go there though! Pity I wasn't in the country yet!

Nothing happened to them...maybe they just decide to drop off the list.
----

Hits total: 2212 | This month: 3