Bleak
Other (there has to be others)
The Lepper Affinity
A Fair Judgment

Total votes: 27
05.10.2008 - 13:33
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I've seen Opeth live twice. their closers are always very strong and most of the time different. I was wondering what my fellow metalstormers favorite closer has been for the mighty band Opeth.
My Favorite has been Bleak. Its always been one of my favorite Opeth songs and it has good Ups and downs and showcases Opeth very well....:D
----
Coldgrits
05.10.2008 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is for those who has seen band life, since I havnt seen it I cant judge, but I probobly want Demon Of The Dall, because its my fav Opeth song
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.10.2008 - 17:50
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 05.10.2008 at 13:37

This is for those who has seen band life, since I havnt seen it I cant judge, but I probobly want Demon Of The Dall, because its my fav Opeth song

Me too! And i think they play that song for the encore quite regularly. A friend of mine went to see Opeth in Vancouver the other day and the very last song was actually Demon Of The Fall (and before that was Deliverance!)
05.10.2008 - 21:47
Metal_Militia
//They closed with Wreath when i saw them in May. It was an awesome closer. Great way to go out //
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

08.10.2008 - 21:10
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I think demon of the fall works pretty well. Deliverance also works pretty well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
13.11.2008 - 04:02
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Well when i saw opeth they played the drapery falls as a closer...that was good, a great end to an amazing night...the setlist was pretty fucking awesome, they played one song off every album
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
13.11.2008 - 16:43
-Soulreaper-
When I seen them in 2006 they closed with Deliverance and then came back out and played Blackwater Park. BP is a great song for them to close out with in my opinion. When I seen them last month they ended with Demon of the Fall, which is also a great song. Hell, they could close with any of their songs and it would still be fantastic.
18.02.2009 - 18:21
Spliff
Account deleted
Blackwater Park is a phenomenal outro to a gig. Demon Of The Fall is fantastic, but I don't find it epic enough. Blackwater Park is just perfect, especially with that lyric at the end "The sun sets forever, over Blackwater Park". Stunning.
29.07.2009 - 19:45
Andresopeth
Deliverance because of its outro, but i would die to listen In Mist She Was Standing with its 3 last instrumental minutes closing a show. Another one could be Heir Apparent
29.07.2009 - 21:37
TheBigRossowski
This is quite a silly thread isn't it? Just seems rather pointless, but that's just like..uh, my opinion, man.

I've seen them three times in three years and I don't remember the closers of the first two shows, so I'd have to say Deliverance. In Wiesbaden, they played a loooong ass time it seemed like, but I wasn't ready for it to be over.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
11.08.2009 - 23:45
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I never really thought that Opeth would be good for a concert until I saw them and they blew me away.
24.08.2011 - 00:10
SODOM666
I'm seeing Opeth for the first time in a couple months so I can't say but on the list I would probably want them to close with Deliverance because of the hypnotic riff at the end. Not on the list I would love to hear In The Mist She Was Standing or Black Rose Immortal or When.
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."
26.02.2012 - 23:09
Codera the Great
Account deleted
Demon of the Fall has been the traditional show closer for the band, and it's a great one. Gets energy pumping in the audience one last time, so that everyone feels energized and refreshed once they leave.
05.03.2012 - 23:37
Sonic MrSumo
I've seen them 4 times...don't they always close with Deliverance? They certainly do here in Australia!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
02.06.2012 - 10:03
Blackwater Park or Demons of the Fall.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
27.09.2012 - 03:41
Angry Chair
Blackwater park as its my favorite song of all time, straight out masterpiece for me.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot