Metal Storm logo
NULLL Records - Goes Netlabel

Most of our releases can now be downloaded for free either in MP3 or FLAC format. Downloads also include the images used for the booklet and inlays of the CD releases. NULLL releases extreme doom, ambient, drone and some noise albums and has currently almost 40 available albums.

http://nulll-void.com/nulll/ Check the individual releases pages or visit the store to get a list of all available releases for download.
Or go here : http://nulll-void.com/nulll/records/mp3.htm

Future releases will from now on be available both as CDr in jewelcase and as free download.

2 Until Death Overtakes Me albums 'Prelude To Monolith' and 'Symphony III - Monolith' have been rereleased as download only (for now) and there are 4 new releases coming up : one funeral doom, two ambient and one drone doom album. Not all albums can be downloaded yet, i'm in the process of talking to the artists and bands to see if they're interested in having their stuff netreleased.
Posted: 05.10.2008 by Marcel H.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 64 users
06.10.2008 - 00:12
Lucas
Mr. Noise
At least a couple of the albums released by this label should be interesting (for example Uncertainty Princinple).
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.10.2008 - 00:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 06.10.2008 at 00:12

At least a couple of the albums released by this label should be interesting (for example Uncertainty Princinple).

Or Beyond Black Void for people who know how to appreciate really good music
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 00:16
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 00:14

Just because something is epically slow doesn't mean it's good. A real Drone/Doom fan can seperate the brilliant from the absurdly abysmal.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.10.2008 - 00:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 06.10.2008 at 00:16

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 00:14

Just because something is epically slow doesn't mean it's good. A real Drone/Doom fan can seperate the brilliant from the absurdly abysmal.

Drone is overrated anyway but I really do like BBV immensely.

Mmm, nice to see all those Until Death Overtakes Me albums avalaible as well.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 00:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Let's not get into an "overrated - not! - it so is! - no it isnt!!" debate here. I think it's technically impossible for Drone to be overrated, since only five people worldwide have heard of the genre.
----

06.10.2008 - 00:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lucas on 06.10.2008 at 00:22

Let's not get into an "overrated - not! - it so is! - no it isnt!!" debate here. I think it's technically impossible for Drone to be overrated, since only five people worldwide have heard of the genre.

I think you underestimate how well-known drone is. Especially int he so-called intellectual vpro/oor circles. It is more appreciated outside the metal world than within metal for it is usually not metal at all.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2008 - 01:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
awesome bands, realy awesome
What is FLAC format?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.10.2008 - 01:19
wrathchild

Written by Bad English on 06.10.2008 at 01:03

What is FLAC format?

Hum sorry for that, but the geek in me couldn't resist the opportunity...
Just fucking Google it!

But ok, FLAC is an open source audio file format, a high quality file format available for free. Takes up a lot of space compared to standard MP3 but they're a great help when you don't want to go through a .wav file.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
07.10.2008 - 01:05
Symmachus

This is Stijn Van Cauter's label. It's now a netlabel. I've heard of this transformation previously, before I actually happened. I am one who has recently discovered the works of Stijn Van Cauter. I enjoy the songs I've heard, but in some cases, finding Stijn Van Cauter's music, matter of fact most of the NULLL Records' music, has a tendency to be pretty hard to find. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just like to hear more of this music, because it is awesome. I've probably heard only one Uncertainty Principle song in its entirety, for instance. There's some other bands I've heard just one song of from the label as well, not surprisingly. I am a huge fan of doom metal, whether it be funeral doom, drone doom, death/doom, stoner/doom, traditional doom, black/doom, yeah, pretty much doom metal in general. I know this label doesn't encompass all those doom metal subgenres (yet), but I just felt it was relevant to say that, since it notably has some of those subgenres. I also get a good kick out of ambient and moise music. This label is great and I'm looking forward to hearing more music offered from it.
07.10.2008 - 01:07
Symmachus

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.10.2008 at 00:28

I think you underestimate how well-known drone is. Especially in the so-called intellectual vpro/oor circles. It is more appreciated outside the metal world than within metal for it is usually not metal at all.

Two questions:

1. How well-known is drone doom?
2. What are vpro/oor circles?
07.10.2008 - 01:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Symmachus on 07.10.2008 at 01:07

I think you underestimate how well-known drone is. Especially in the so-called intellectual vpro/oor circles. It is more appreciated outside the metal world than within metal for it is usually not metal at all.

Two questions:

What I notice here in The Netherlands is that drone is quite well-known outside of metal circles as well.

As for the vpro/oor question. I think you'll have to be Dutch to fully comprehend what I mean.
VPRO is radio & tv broadcaster more focused on programming stuff which is more alternative and Oor is a music magazine which totally fits into the vpro mould of things.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2008 - 01:30
Symmachus

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2008 at 01:10

Written by Symmachus on 07.10.2008 at 01:07

Two questions:

What I notice here in The Netherlands is that drone is quite well-known outside of metal circles as well.

As for the vpro/oor question. I think you'll have to be Dutch to fully comprehend what I mean.
VPRO is radio & tv broadcaster more focused on programming stuff which is more alternative and Oor is a music magazine which totally fits into the vpro mould of things.

All right, that's cool. So it's rather well-known in the Netherlands. That's interesting. I don't think I can say the same about that genre back here in the United States of America. I'm sure it's not nearly as popular over here, although we have bands such as Sunn O))) and Earth and Nadja (Nadja is located up north in Canada, that's close). Thanks for telling me that.
08.10.2008 - 17:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise

I think you underestimate how well-known drone is. Especially int he so-called intellectual vpro/oor circles. It is more appreciated outside the metal world than within metal for it is usually not metal at all.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean with the vrpo/oor circles. And by the way, my parents are subscribed to the VPRO magazine and I bought myself an OOR today, haha. I don't think I belong to the group your aiming for though.

And perhaps you're right, though I think it is more Ambient than Drone in these circles (Brian Eno, etc).
----

Hits total: 3587 | This month: 4