Metal Storm logo
Scar Symmetry - New Vocalists Announced

Scar Symmetry have announced some new decisions among the band:

"When things went from bad to worse and we realized that it wasn't going to work out with Christian, we were faced with two options; either calling it quits, or seizing the opportunity to take the next logical step in the evolution of our sound. We chose the latter. We've used both growls and clean vocals in our music since day one, and with each album we've pushed the envelope of what you can do vocally in a metal band to the point where a lot of the songs on "Holographic Universe" would be hard if not impossible to sing live. So the question is: Is it really possible to push the vocals even further and manage to perform everything live?
The answer is YES! Instead of hiring a new singer, we decided - some of you might already have figured it out by now - to recruit TWO singers! The idea of having two vocalists in the band is something that's been in the back of our minds for a long time, and after auditioning and rehearsing with two of Sweden's best vocalists we're thrilled, excited, stoked-beyond-belief!

So let us introduce you to...

Robert Karlsson - lead growl vocals and backing clean vocals
Roberth was our first choice for the growling position. Jonas once called him Sweden's finest growler, which is no overstatement. Roberth has been involved in many bands throughout the years, among others Edge Of Sanity and Facebreaker.

Lars Palmqvist - lead clean vocals and backing growl vocals
Roberth introduced us to his long-time friend Lars, who blew us away with his powerful-yet-beautiful voice. You can imagine our excitement when we learned that he's a fantastic growler as well! Despite his amazing talents he's virtually unknown to the metal public, which just might change as of today!

We are very fortunate to have found these guys. They bring to the band not only their incredible skills but also a positive vibe we haven't had for some time.
We've posted a videoclip from when we auditioned Roberth and Lars, as a little teaser... Yes it might come across as we were drunk the entire time, which probably is very close to the truth. Enjoy!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Scar Symmetry
Posted: 08.10.2008 by FeskarN

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 96 users
08.10.2008 - 16:41
Darkmember
two vocalists ?!
they sound good!
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
08.10.2008 - 17:32
Arcesse Eum
I was thinking Dan Swano would be a perfect replacement. Listen to Crimson II - he could easily pull off all of Christian's styles. I find it strange they got another guy from Edge of Sanity! hah!
----
As above, so below.
08.10.2008 - 18:05
Harlequin
Hm, we'll see. Judging from the teaser (which doesn't show much really) Christian was better in both styles..
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
08.10.2008 - 19:35
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Wow, that sounds pretty cool actually. I never really heard much from this band, but I might have to start listening to them more!
08.10.2008 - 20:12
Ulv
They sound pretty good... cant wait for the new album... or maybe a live dvd
08.10.2008 - 22:28
MetalManic
It frees up a lot for the vocalist to be even more creative. Not to mention they will now have both heavily layered clean vocals and growls (original back up growls during live performances will not be dismissed, will they?)
08.10.2008 - 22:57
Holy_Diver
WTF, justin timberlake in the background at 1.54?!? they must have been really, really drunk there
09.10.2008 - 00:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HAHAHAHAHA greatest video ever. HAMMER TIME!!1
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.10.2008 - 01:45
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Hope they are good... Christian was great IMO...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
09.10.2008 - 06:47
-Morbid-
From the teaser (which doesn't let us hear too much) the Lars guy sounds a little too power metal-ish for my tastes.
09.10.2008 - 07:44
Wes
they are good and Christian was great, Holographic Universe is amazing...
09.10.2008 - 09:00
metal2000
I think they sound great, but we can't Judge them now we just have to wait for live show or new video clip or some thing.
11.10.2008 - 00:22
Symmachus
The vocalists seem like they won't dissapoint! They sound nice.
11.10.2008 - 03:38
warfromwithin
Account deleted
New vocalists! That's really good to hear! I feel happy for these guys.. Having 2 vocals is really fine especially during live shows and all.. I just hope the 2 guys will complement each other as this will show more power and aggression to the band.. I know most people will still crave for Christian for what he have done, but let's give the new guys a chance, Long live Scar Symmetry!!

Hits total: 7857 | This month: 11