Metal Storm logo
Quo Vadis - Touring Line-Up Revealed, New Bass Player Named

Original news, posted on 08.10.2008

Quo Vadis have announced the addition of vocalist Trevor Birnie (Damascus, Annex Theory) for the band's upcoming dates in October and November.

"I've toured Canada twice and I am eager to get back on the road especially with Canadian metal titans Quo Vadis," Birnie said in a statement. "I've grown as a vocalist, lyricist and performer over the past 5-6 years in bands and I feel that my experience and growth would definitely evolve with an opportunity of such honor."

Martyr drummer Patrice Hamelin, who has previously done session work with Despised Icon and Senate, will join Quo Vadis on tour and in studio. The announcement was the first in a series of lineup changes for Quo Vadis after the band's September 6 show in Montreal with Despised Icon, Neuraxis, Blinded By Faith and The Plasmarifle.

Upcoming Quo Vadis shows:

Oct. 23 - St-Hyacinthe, QC - Le Thrash
Oct. 24 - Rimouski, QC - La Coudée
Oct. 25 - Jonquière, QC - Place Nikitoutagan
Oct. 26 - Québec, QC - l'Anti
Oct. 27 - Ottawa, ON - Rainbow
Oct. 28 - Toronto, ON - The Kathedral
Oct. 29 - Hamilton, ON - The Casbah
Oct. 30 - Oshawa, ON - E.P. Taylor's
Oct. 31 - London, ON - TBA
Nov. 02 - Drummondville, QC - La Piaule

UPDATE (thanks to ArtiA)

Quo Vadis have also announced the addition of bassist Roxanne Constantin (Negativa, Rostrum, Aven Aura) to the group's ranks.

Roxanne has a B.A. in piano performance from the Montreal Conservatory of Music. Prior to taking the bassist position, she contributed keyboards and vocals to the band as well as help with choirs and different live shows. In the months leading up to the shows, Roxanne underwent a strenuous practice regimen of up to 10 hours a day dedicated to music.

"She is one of the best musicians Quo Vadis has ever had the opportunity to work with. Roxanne has also been strongly involved supporting the band since 2002 so it was a natural fit," says Quo Vadis guitarist Bart Frydryhowicz.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Quo Vadis
Event: Quo Vadis: Canadian Tour
Posted: 30.10.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 77 users
09.10.2008 - 17:43
Stigmatized
Nice to see them back in action.
10.10.2008 - 05:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
hope this lineup works for em. they need permanent members stat.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.10.2008 - 08:39
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...where's mexico???
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
12.10.2008 - 00:21
Symmachus

I'm pleased to know that this band is not split up after the loss of three members.
30.10.2008 - 13:40
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
They really pulled through losing three members. it shows a real dedication to their sound.
----
Coldgrits
30.10.2008 - 17:32
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Hiring a bassist with a B.A in piano performance? what?

kidding. good to see theyre back in action.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
30.10.2008 - 23:53
Symmachus

Roxanne Constantin from Negativa! I have heard Negativa's song Rebellion before, and that song was awesome. The band made a good choice for bassist.
01.11.2008 - 06:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Roxanne was so kickass live! I didn't know that she had a B.A in piano performance but looking at her performance live, it really looks like she does because she can do anything with that fretless bass...

Hits total: 3637 | This month: 4