Users visited: 137  
Search this topic:  
Which Bloodbath vocalist do you prefer?

Mikael Åkerfeldt65
Peter Tägtgren22

Total votes: 87

The original post

Posted by -Soulreaper- on 10.10.2008 at 21:03
On the way to work today I had the Bloodbath albums on shuffle and I was trying to figure out which vocalist I liked better. But I think I came to a conclusion, I prefer Mikael for a frontman for Bloodbath. Although Peter did a great job in Nightmares Made Flesh, I just think that Mikael has a lot more depth and fits with with them a lot more. Also on the Wacken Carnage Live album Mikael did an amazing job with all the songs. Anyways, what is your opinion on the topic?

Page 2 of 2

IncoherentScream

23.01.2012 at 13:59
Written by ChillxLife on 29.12.2011 at 19:53

Written by Ghostdancer on 17.05.2011 at 00:17

Mikael. And now (because I found this thread) I can't get "Like Fire" out of my head!

I listened to this song on repeat for a good while today!
But, I do prefer Mikael's vocals. Just as someone said, because of his "dirty" growls and
I always love how his voice can be so beautiful like as in Opeth with their slower songs,
then to something like Bloodbath. Just in my opinion though. :3

Yeah I totally agree about his softer vocals too.
Oracles

06.06.2012 at 05:36
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRg8KjYROkM

This, this, this, THIS!
Dentura
Shadow King

19.06.2012 at 00:13
Both are awesome, but i personally prefer Mikael. His performance on the Fathomless Mastery I thought was one of his best "growling" performances overall.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Jaeryd17‍
Desert Mouse

22.02.2013 at 00:52
Peter Tagtgren is amazing on Nightmares Made Flesh and suited it perfectly, but I think that not only did Mikael's vocals fit all the other albums better, but they just sounded better overall. My vote goes for Akerfeldt.
----
"It is not your sin—it is your self-satisfaction that crieth unto heaven; your very sparingness in sin crieth unto heaven!

Where is the lightning to lick you with its tongue? Where is the frenzy with which ye should be inoculated?"

Crucifux
Crucifux

22.02.2013 at 04:39
It's pretty damn hard to top Akerfeldt at death growls.
psykometal
Staffpool

22.02.2013 at 08:06
Written by Jaeryd17‍ on 22.02.2013 at 00:52

Peter Tagtgren is amazing on Nightmares Made Flesh and suited it perfectly, but I think that not only did Mikael's vocals fit all the other albums better, but they just sounded better overall. My vote goes for Akerfeldt.

Agreed with this entirely. Peter was great for Nightmares Made Flesh and I don't think it would work as well with Mikael on those songs. And all the musicians are great at what they do so I'm sure the album was written for Peter's voice not Mikael's which is why it still sounds good but even still Resurrection Through Carnage and especially The Fathomless Mastery are better albums in general AND Mikael is a better growler than Peter.
----
~Zep~

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.