Metal Storm logo
Life's Decay - New Album Out Now

Life's Decay's fifth album has just been released, it is entitled "Eklaasera" and it has the particularity to be full acoustic. You can listen to some mp3 from this release at http://www.lifesdecay.com or at http://www.myspace.com/abstraktsens.

A picture of the cover art can be found here.

A little description of Life's Decay "Eklaasera" reads as follows: "Eklaasera" is Life's Decay fifth album. It has the particularity of being made of acoustic recordings only. This is a real evolution in the music of the duo. Around ten classical and acoustic instruments were used to make this album such as a piano, cello, violin, guitar, trumpet, accordion, bass, chime and various percussions and experimental sounds.

A lot of work has been made on the percussion and on the sound researchs in order to create particular and unique rythms whether from a music box mecanism or from some large drums, from glass ringings to some breath recordings. The feminine voice still entirely in french language which remains a major asset to Life's Decay. The voice walks among the instruments, sometimes whispered, sometimes energetic but always anchored to the project's universe.

"Eklaasera" can not be described with a single musical style, it is a travel through various influences, experimental classical music sometimes filled with some country folk or even post-apocalyptic jazz. The general atmosphere is dark, industrial and especially Retro & Luxury.

The mixing and mastering of this fifth album is also gaining in quality compared to previous albums. "Eklaasera" in addition to its Retro Luxury packaging comes with a 16-pages booklet containing all the latest artworks and all the latest photographs of the project, including also all the album lyrics and information."

More info about Life's Decay on http://www.myspace.com/abstraktsens.

Source: blog.myspace.com
Posted: 11.10.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 65 users
11.10.2008 - 21:53
iaberis
Advice Troll
nice chick! I'll check it! xD
----
Bitch! Please
12.10.2008 - 01:45
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
very interesting material we have here =O Im really surprised
----
12.10.2008 - 22:47
Symmachus

Life's Decay seems like a nice band. Encyclopaedia Metallum classifies them as doom metal/dark ambient, two genres I definitely enjoy. I'm going to have to check them out.
12.10.2008 - 23:07
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I really wanna listen to their other albums now, because the 4 samples they have on their website are far from doom or anything thing related to metal (still great music)

I would really like to hear their earlier stuff if its really doom metal hehe
----
12.10.2008 - 23:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
thats a very depressing cover if i do say so myself. its good, just depressing.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2187 | This month: 4