Metal Storm logo
Nile - Canceled Shows In South Africa

The following news was posted on Nile official website:

"World Management would like to announce that unfortunately the three shows planned for South Africa will not happen due to local promoter problems. The band was looking forward to playing for their fans in South Africa but unfortunately cannot go under the present circumstances. We hope to be able to come to South Africa in the future."

Canceled shows:

22.10.2008 RSA, Cape Town
24.10.2008 RSA, Durban City
25.10.2008 RSA, Johannesburg

Source: nile-catacombs.net
Band profile: Nile
Event: Nile: South African Tour [CANCELED]
Posted: 12.10.2008 by Knightrider

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 113 users
12.10.2008 - 22:46
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Well that didn't take long, it seems like yesterday I was just commenting here...
12.10.2008 - 22:51
Symmachus

Written by Introspekrieg on 12.10.2008 at 22:46

Well that didn't take long, it seems like yesterday I was just commenting here...

Yeah, that sure didn't take long. Also, I read that people thought that Nile playing in Egypt would be a good idea. I agree with that. That sucks that the South Africans can't see Nile yet.
12.10.2008 - 23:18
sq_xeper

The same thing happened in Chile last february when they were coming to south america, I guess local promotres problems are everywhere but it seems that this only happens in places where there is no real commitment with this kind of shows
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
12.10.2008 - 23:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
money on them cancelling their shows after this leg.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
13.10.2008 - 00:46
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I rest my case....and it was cancelled due to poor economy and not enough interest because we have like 10 000 metalheads in our whole COUTRY of 45 million. And people over here keep bitching and moaning that no proper bands come here. What do they expect? Big bands dont want to fly for like 10 000 miles to play in front of 300 people it doesnt make sense financially. They will prolly only cover their plane tickets, if that.
14.10.2008 - 00:16
Stuart
MiseryKing
Written by Guest on 13.10.2008 at 00:46

I rest my case....and it was cancelled due to poor economy and not enough interest because we have like 10 000 metalheads in our whole COUTRY of 45 million. And people over here keep bitching and moaning that no proper bands come here. What do they expect? Big bands dont want to fly for like 10 000 miles to play in front of 300 people it doesnt make sense financially. They will prolly only cover their plane tickets, if that.

I don't know exactly who promoted these shows, but back when witchdoctor brought out Entombed, Soulfly, Sepultura, Konkhra and The Haunted the idea was marketed to the bands not as a financial gain but rather as a holiday (they do a safari, get really drunk, see some of africa and play a few shows to help invigorate the local scene). Entombed loved it so much they came back again (knowing they would make no money). Nobody actualy lost money either. Just the other day I bumped into the guys from Grave in a club and they had spoken to Entombed and said they would love to go to SA, they didn't care about making money (plus us south africans are basicaly just drunks and can have a good party). Basicaly if what you are saying is true and Nile canceled because of lack of financial gain, then this is very disappointing in Nile. I don't think this is the reason though, maybe they were only given a 3 star hotel and they demanded a 5 star a hotel. Who knows, the story isn't very explicit. Fact is if you agree to a show, you had better have pretty damn good reason for not doing it.

EDIT:

One other thing is that even alot of cities in the UK wouldn't be able to get 300 to a Nile show.

Hits total: 3069 | This month: 6