03. Dança No Abismo
04. Hamlá
05. Juras Promessas
06. Lua
07. Brunebriante Papoula Dançante
08. Falalafada
09. Bloom (Ode A Joyce)
10. A Pinga Do Duende Maluco

If you're into Folk Metal you probably know Bruno Maia, the singer and leader of the Brazilian combo Tuatha De Danann. We didn't have a lot of news from the band since the release date of their last album "Trova Di Danu" in 2004 but finally it seems that Bruno is not sleeping anymore! "...E O Mundo De La" is his first solo album and you can be sure that you'll be able to listen to good Folk Rock with this release!

Don't expect anything Metal here but if you like Celtic melodies and sonorities, "...E O Mundo De La" is a must definitely. Accompanied by a legion of Folk musicians plus the female singer Fernanda Ohara, Bruno Maia proposes a really cool and peaceful album. The melodies are sweet really dancing with a lot of different Celtic instruments like flutes, whistle, violins or bouzuki. So yes this is not Metal but it doesn't mean that it's poor or not even linked to your favorite music. Actually I think that we can say that "...E O Mundo De La" is like a soft version of Tuatha De Danann with female (and male too of course) vocals without distorted electric guitars. The ten songs are classy really catchy and you will just have to listen to "Dança No Abismo" or the first track "Slaint A La Brasilis" to be transported in a Irish Pub. This is not Metal but I think that every metalhead can enjoy this kind of music drinking some beers with mates. Bruno Maia knows what good Folk music is no doubt!

The production of the album is perfect and all the musicians and singer are really good. "...E O Mundo De La" is varied and its influences comes from a lot of folklores from Gipsy to Irish music of course. Plus the songs can be really happy like dark and sad there are lot of variations in each songs it's hard to say anything wrong about this release expect of course (and this is not bad for me) that it's not so Metal musically speaking but believe me the spirit is here and if you like the really original music of Tuatha De Danann you'll like "...E O Mundo De La".

"...E O Mundo De La" is a refreshing album full of great melodies. When you know how bad the world is nowadays, I promise you that this "innocent" release is a perfect way to do a magical journey which will only give you smiles in the end. Don't take "...E O Mundo De La" too seriously, this album is just something done to have good peaceful moments and it does it really well. Folk people and music lovers who want to travel across the world "...E O Mundo De La" is a must!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 16.10.2008

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 71 users
16.10.2008 - 17:33
SK921
Account deleted
If this is folk ROCK. Why is this on metalstorms? it has me confuzzled.
17.10.2008 - 04:34
Burning Winter

SK921> Metalstorm is an open minded webzine. And after all, this is a solo project from a metalhead, so this may explain why it's here. Have you not seen a lot of Hard-rock bands and stuff like this here?

About the review, I listened to the samples on their myspace. It is soft music, but damn it's good. I like all those sonorities and melodies, even if it's not agressive at all. I'll check out for the album.
----
We just have one life... SO LISTEN TO METAL!!!!
17.10.2008 - 07:23
SK921
Account deleted
Written by Burning Winter on 17.10.2008 at 04:34

SK921> Metalstorm is an open minded webzine. And after all, this is a solo project from a metalhead, so this may explain why it's here. Have you not seen a lot of Hard-rock bands and stuff like this here?

About the review, I listened to the samples on their myspace. It is soft music, but damn it's good. I like all those sonorities and melodies, even if it's not agressive at all. I'll check out for the album.

I haven't noticed the Hard Rock stuff besides the Glam stuff but some people consider it metal.
17.10.2008 - 14:39
Burning Winter

Written by Guest on 17.10.2008 at 07:23

Written by Burning Winter on 17.10.2008 at 04:34

I haven't noticed the Hard Rock stuff besides the Glam stuff but some people consider it metal.

Well, it is a soft metal genre if it is one... I talk about the hard rock, and you just have to look for new reviews to eventually find one. The search section is here for this too .
----
We just have one life... SO LISTEN TO METAL!!!!
17.10.2008 - 23:10
NDog

Does anyone know where i can get this other than that weird site? i've looked every place i know to look and can't find it. and who cares if it isn't metal? it sounds amazing and has folk metal qualities to it. but bottom line is that it is good. so anyone know where i can pick this up?
02.04.2010 - 22:50
Skull

I think that CD its awesome, kind of celtic roots plus tradicional brazilian music.
even if it's not metal, sounds really good to me
----
Heavy Metal is the law that keeps us all united free
A law that shatters earth and hell
Heavy Metal can't be beaten by any dynasty
We're all wizards fightin' with our spell

Hits total: 6056 | This month: 2